Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
Posted

Lots of excitement in the model thread this morning from the cold lovers.

Personally, I'm not going to believe some of the output until it's showing at T96!

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Getting the "feeling" from the current model output that a cold spell of some sort is most definitely on the way now. Haven't had this feeling for a number of years. A pattern change rather than something transient. It's been a while. 

Whether it will be be mainly dry or a possibly snowy cold spell...who knows. 

Some very entertaining model watching coming up!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny
9 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Really disappointed with the bbc monthly outlook hand on heart, sounds very much like yesterdays meto update!

Maybe im being too greedy!

Got to agree MetO forecast is atrocious

Posted

Realistic update though as systems moving down from the north will usually have associated mild sectors (which only show on the charts nearer to each event). Hence its cold enough to snow except when anything is falling from the sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Sorry can't really get excited at a short bout of fog and frost. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
5 hours ago, Aaki Khan said:

Shows 4 Inches on the 9th Jan...  #PrettyPlz

Hi Aaki it showed more but it's updated!!! # thanks for your response. 

Posted

Just viewed the ECM and thougt oh dear, not sure I want to drop onto the model thread, Iknow what I'll find. Sure enough, a massacre in the teddy bear workshop!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The pattern is still pushing for cold,nothing really to say otherwise. No mild output that could be taken seriously,we may and i me may have a rather cold and possibly more wintry start to the new year. ?Fingers crossed!

Posted

I'll believe it when I look out the window. Far too many garden paths have been followed that don't lead to 'The Promised Land' (which is different things to different people anyway!) but rather take a circular route leading you back to the same spot where you started!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, Richard Taylor said:

I'll believe it when I look out the window. Far too many garden paths have been followed that don't lead to 'The Promised Land' (which is different things to different people anyway!) but rather take a circular route leading you back to the same spot where you started!

The window believe it or not is actually one of the most accurate models with a very high success rate with CFS following not too far behind :drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
55 minutes ago, Richard Taylor said:

Take a collective view of the output,it's the trend your looking for. Fully agree our weather is at best fickle to predict so caution is always advised!:)

On 24/12/2016 at 02:28, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

it's as zonal as hell, to be expected in the large teapot! 2016 now, everybody knows cold spells are becoming rarer, snow getting less as years go on, at least in the south!

On the eve of the warmest recorded temperature in the UK, a climate expert who was interviewed on radio 4 was asked the question 'why'. The answer.....' Its the direction of the wind'.

There is a radio show each day this week on radio 4 at 9.45 its all about snow and snow flakes. My TV licence pays for this!

Posted

Ian F's post this morning which was deleted really was a great post. I saw it at 7:am, it already had 20 likes. Came back online midday and it was gone. I wont reproduce it here out of respect for the deletion reason but I'll say this. It sounded great for low level snow showers after the cold front moves through.  

• Like 1

Posted

Always 10 ten days away until anything any good on the horizon and then watered down. This winter is going the way of the last few. Dreadful.

Edited by The Wolf