Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

How long is a piece of string?

How can you tell how long zonality will last? It will last as long as the circumstances allow it. What makes you say that zonality lasted only 2-3 weeks in the past? 

Take those comments with a huge pinch of salt... He spouts a lot of twaddle and sweeping statements. As you say, there is no typical period length of zonality, or any other synoptic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, 78/79 said:

I for one certainly hope that the Atlantic doesn't show it's ugly mug for too long, it becomes almost impossible to get out and earn a living when it's raining for weeks on end:wallbash:

Agree, don't think anyone wants Atlantic dross for weeks on end, more a case of getting out of this 'nothing' weather pattern. It is dry at least which is great but it's very dreary without sunshine. Of course there's always the risk of mild southwesterlies setting in which would be depressing, but conversely a week of cold zonal might shake up the pattern more favourably for cold. Would be good to be able to go out for a walk over Christmas without getting soaked/battered by winds etc. 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

How long is a piece of string?

How can you tell how long zonality will last? It will last as long as the circumstances allow it. What makes you say that zonality lasted only 2-3 weeks in the past? 

06Z not bad! looks better after Xmas, just hope not a false dawn, see if 12Z follows

Posted

Good Afternoon all

Well its finally happened after weeks of cam watching New York (Times square) finally has some snow, for all of you who are starved of some white action i have posted a link Enjoy!!

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsstreet

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

I presume the post ref " lippy "  in the MOD thread is insinuating that some male forecasters are in touch with their female side? :D .... or was it that some are multitasking  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Hanny said:

I presume the post ref " lippy "  in the MOD thread is insinuating that some male forecasters are in touch with their female side? :D .... or was it that some are multitasking  :rofl:

Love the way certain folk on the MOD thread deem themselves to be of a higher intellectual standard than us normal folk and do their bit to voice their opinion very strongly. Not nice and not mature at all,i'm sure they know who they are,but it's a free forum to express yourself. Just my humble opinion though!:)

Posted
45 minutes ago, markyo said:

Love the way certain folk on the MOD thread deem themselves to be of a higher intellectual standard than us normal folk and do their bit to voice their opinion very strongly. Not nice and not mature at all,i'm sure they know who they are,but it's a free forum to express yourself. Just my humble opinion though!:)

if you mean Season from Poland, dosen't matter, he gets upset about posts on here! his problem! :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Sorry it's off topic but has anyone got a link to Hitler reacting to the models/ lack of snow. Thanks

Posted

I think the problem with me is I've been following the model outputs for wintery potential since Oct, and with America going into the freezer early, it has seemed to be a long winter already.  The model outputs more often than not show mouth watering potential with a fledgling PV being knocked about, combined with a distorted expectation for Dec (blame 2012). I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't Xmas yet and there is still a long time for there to be some wintery weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hoping for heavy rain/sleet and strong winds on Christmas Day so it feels cosy around the fire with family. Couldn't get any worse than grey skys and mild. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Is there a 192 club anywhere on this forum?

It's just that Christmas falls in t192hrs and over the years being here I've found that around 192hrs the models start to get interesting and dare I say possibly near the outcome regarding t0z - even the pub run:ball-santa-emoji:

Edited by Pixel
happy santa

Posted
3 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Is there a 192 club anywhere on this forum?

It's just that Christmas falls in t192hrs and over the years being here I've found that around 192hrs the models start to get interesting and dare I say possibly near the outcome regarding t0z - even the pub run:ball-santa-emoji:

maybe 192 is the start of high resolution on ECMWF, GFS 240 is higher resolution, 252 is low res

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

8 hours ago, snowflakey said:

I think the problem with me is I've been following the model outputs for wintery potential since Oct, and with America going into the freezer early, it has seemed to be a long winter already.  The model outputs more often than not show mouth watering potential with a fledgling PV being knocked about, combined with a distorted expectation for Dec (blame 2012). I have to keep reminding myself that it isn't Xmas yet and there is still a long time for there to be some wintery weather.

Don't worry you will get your easterly ...........in March 17, and for 3 Months and more cool drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, knocker said:

Just a reminder that the 'Cold Zonalities' will be playing at various venues next week and the performances will include songs from their latest album, 'promises.....just empty promises.'

The venues are the same as every year: Flash, Buxton, Alston, Eskdalemuir, Wanlockhead and the grand finale in March on the summit of Ben Macdui. I remember when they went on Pointless Celebrities and said "Shropshire" and "West Midlands" when asked to name African countries....

• Like 1

Posted

STILL scratching around in deepest FI for hope.Really thinking this wQBO is going to destroy another winter unfortunately, im sure im not the only one feeling utterly deflated...oh for a bit of late night lampost watching, i use to scoff at northerly topplers, id take one with open arms right now..:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

So far this Autumn/Winter has committed the biggest of all sins. It has been BORING.

I can cope with no snow if there is something interesting going on, but this 'slightly warmer' then 'slightly colder' stuff can do one.

Oi, Mother Nature, do something.

• Like 1

How big is the envelope for wk2 wk3 etc for the colder pattern now. Has it shrunk from a healthy and robust A5 to  bog standard size, or are has the post been cancelled. Or maybe metaphors about envelopes need to be confined to the. shredder as there initial  ambiguity, rendered them completely useless.:diablo:

Posted

Defo going to book a winter holiday to Canada next year.  Need a break from this dire British winter weather! 

• Like 1