Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
52 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

No body grabs on to anything.

They have a better grasp of the longer term teleconnections than pretty much anyone else on here, only a fool would ignore what they are saying.

"Next Winter, stick to the NOAA anomalies out to Day 14 and the Met Office extended to Day 31 and you won't be far wrong. Anything forecasting past Day 31 such as GLAAM, AAM, Mountain Torques etc. in my view is just Hocu Pocus for our small islands."

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well nothing to chill the old cockles tonight.  A|t least differences are popping in fairly early which gives a hope that something different will op up around T144 at some point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, 40*C said:

Just 20 days to go before we start getting lighter days. Roll on Summer 2017.

yes, can't stand gales/rain and 8° for 4 months!

Posted
8 hours ago, Weather-history said:

"Next Winter, stick to the NOAA anomalies out to Day 14 and the Met Office extended to Day 31 and you won't be far wrong. Anything forecasting past Day 31 such as GLAAM, AAM, Mountain Torques etc. in my view is just Hocu Pocus for our small islands."

Not enough consideration is given to the suns influence upon our weather, if one is looking for 'drivers' , then have a look to see who is in the front seat.

• Like 1

Posted

chart reminds me of last Dec, sigh air all way from Azores, and won't be dry

hgt500-1000.pnghgt500-1000.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted

So, it's the usual, mild and wet for foreseeable future, Atlantic to dominate, 5.9° CET guess may be too low, and the straw clutching about a little high to the north on ECMWF 240, GFS though mild/stormy all the way, certainly more like Dec '15

Posted

looking like wed into Thurs may not drop below 13° in some parts, not the only mild day either, most days shown on GFS from 6th to 18th are double digits in the south

lettucing gutted may win CET comp

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted

Concern is growing as the disease E-coli240 continues to spread  The virus is known to favour warm weather so be extra alert for any signs over the next few days. There are various symptoms but by far the most prevalent are extreme agitation accompanied by hallucinations. There is no known cure but lying down in a dark room and listening to Simon and Garfunkel is known to alleviate the worst.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted

Daffs out by Xmas? if I wrote for the Express, I'd write something like ' Britain to bask in balmy temperatures' 'Dec 2016 to rival Dec 2015'

ukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

You'll enjoy the second half of next week IRA! Just make the most of it eh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

December: Grey & Mild

January: Wet & Windy

February: Storms

Reverse Psychology :D

Now if that doesn't work, nothing will!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer
8 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Daffs out by Xmas? if I wrote for the Express, I'd write something like ' Britain to bask in balmy temperatures' 'Dec 2016 to rival Dec 2015'

ukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp.png

love it t shirt weather cant beat it i just wish we could get this in june some hope

Posted
3 minutes ago, igloo said:

love it t shirt weather cant beat it i just wish we could get this in june some hope

yes, winter clothes away for a bit, no in June we'll have NE'lys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, winter clothes away for a bit, no in June we'll have NE'lys

Seems the norm at the moment can be 16c in December then 16c when I play cricket In middle of July.  you would never know in this country what time of year it was could be autumnal all year round lol.

Posted

well im of to minnesota for christmas and new year to my brothers i will do some ice fishing and have ago on his snow machine on the state of 10000 lakes there is plenty of snow and ice there at this time of year but im still hopefull we will see some of the white stuff here before then and touch wood there will be some when i come back in january

Edited by igloo

Posted
5 hours ago, igloo said:

well im of to minnesota for christmas and new year to my brothers i will do some ice fishing and have ago on his snow machine on the state of 10000 lakes there is plenty of snow and ice there at this time of year but im still hopefull we will see some of the white stuff here before then and touch wood there will be some when i come back in january

I'll certainly be more confident of snow in your location, 300m in Scotland, if you don't see snow then, winters changed even more than I thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!

Oh dear. winter of wildcards just thrown the joker!  Talks of doom and gloom. Remember some of you have already seen snow this winter... early! Look at the way all the charts deflect those lows North... thats good too. That polar vortex is pretty pathetic. Ive been out running on the 23rd of december in shorts and tees. Then it snowed the 25th. We live in the Uk. A very small island which has a massive ocean as a neighbour. I still think we are in for a treat. 

• Like 2

Posted

The moans and ramps thread is going strong again!

I'm too tired to moan about winter this year...fatigue from the past 3 years.

Not sure I can be bothered to ramp as well if anything comes along in case it's a waste of time.

So that puts me in a nice position...relax, have a read of the threads and...well...have a little look...then leave it. Thankfully, the wonderfully thundery June and it's little sister, September, have kept my interest in the weather alive after it nearly fading away so I enter this winter with a curious but chilled frame of mind.

I should really make some kind of comment on the models now I suppose.

Every winter has a period of south-westerly weather at some point.

There...that'll do!

See you in the regionals...enjoy your winters!

Edited by Gord

Posted
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I'll certainly be more confident of snow in your location, 300m in Scotland, if you don't see snow then, winters changed even more than I thought

winters have changed not just for me but for everybody but yes a bit more snow here quite often when you drive up from the village to my my house it will slowly turn to sleet then snow from 200m upwards and it can be a winter wunderland temps from 1c to -1c in 140m clime is common but as the years pass its slowly changing

• Like 2

Posted
On 02/12/2016 at 21:10, 40*C said:

Just 20 days to go before we start getting lighter days. Roll on Summer 2017.

Lighter evening are actually only about 10 days away. Darkest evening is about the 13th or so. Although it is painfully slow before it becomes noticeable.

Think some people in the model thread need to take a break from their computers and get out and enjoy the dry weather. Lovely blue sky day today. Been for a walk, got the washing out, done some tinkering on my bikes out in the garden.

We've been lucky with a really dry and benign Autum, only one particularly wet spell of note and that only lasted 2-3 days. It's not going to last forever and storms are inevitable at some point over the next few months on our mild and wet island so make the most of it while things are nowhere near as miserable as December 2015!

If you want snow go and move or book a holiday to Scandinavia/Canada/Northeast USA/Eastern Europe etc.

• Like 1