Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
41 minutes ago, igloo said:

tell putin to bring over some of his cold air instead of his jets and battleships:diablo:

we should tell him to nuke the azores , maybe that will get rid of that high pressure area over there:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

only upgrade I see in todays 12Z's in FI is if you like mild! definitely a backtrack if anyone looking for cold from Monday 5th, WH suppose I only meant my location, wrongly I know, here was just rain and 5°

ukmaxtemp.pnggem-0-198.png?12

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

I notice the mutterings of old Met men seem to be held in very high esteem over on the other thread. Well I never, who would have thought it?

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

I notice the mutterings of old Met men seem to be held in very high esteem over on the other thread. Well I never, who would have thought it?

Well he has gone to the trouble of having his heating upgraded so it must be a 'sign' ? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chill Pill said:

Well he has gone to the trouble of having his heating upgraded so it must be a 'sign' ? :rofl:

I should take care not to read too much into that as old Met men often get 'signs' which are really quite inexplicable.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

I should take care not to read too much into that as old Met men often get 'signs' which are really quite inexplicable.

Exactly. How any see's past 72 is beyond me.

Posted

better from ECM though! could be serious fog problems for a few members, assuming high dosen't move further south, looks milder in N Scotland

ECM1-216.GIF?26-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

better from ECM though! could be serious fog problems for a few members, assuming high dosen't move further south, looks milder in N Scotland

ECM1-216.GIF?26-0

I get the feeling this is going to be a stubborn old high to shift surface conditions will vary day to day with cloud cover and probable fog longer term who knows depends on which direction the high goes when it eventually leaves

Posted
5 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

I get the feeling this is going to be a stubborn old high to shift surface conditions will vary day to day with cloud cover and probable fog longer term who knows depends on which direction the high goes when it eventually leaves

Boring......and foggy days are just dreadful. And i really dont care if it means frosty mornings.

Give me a mild, dry Winter anyday (rare i know). Looking back i quite liked Dec 15 - balmy evenings, no heating on....yes, luverly.

Cold and snow......now that is v nice! 

But......fog and dreary grey days with low temps....NNNOOOOO!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Boring......and foggy days are just dreadful. And i really dont care if it means frosty mornings.

Give me a mild, dry Winter anyday (rare i know). Looking back i quite liked Dec 15 - balmy evenings, no heating on....yes, luverly.

Once the cokd is in at ground level it only takes small tweeks here an there for snow to turn up. An under cut could hit the cold air plus drag in colder uppers, or a low could come down the north sea an do similar. The winter I keep hearing people talk about, 62/63 was a high pressure over the UK dominated type winter. Let's just see what transpires in the long run.

ps, I don't mean this winter will be anything like 62/63. That should go without saying, however I know some might read it that way.

Posted
12 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

I don't, already signs on 00Z's that we could be back to normal from around 5th Dec, a lot of members on here underestimate the Atlantic

ECM looks 'normal' we and windy, GFS in middle trending Atlantic, GEM also going for Atlantic, I'm going for a very mild/wet windy spell from 5th Dec, just hope it can be as dry as possible in the day

ECM1-216.GIF?27-12gfs-0-222.pnggem-0-216.png?00

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I don't, already signs on 00Z's that we could be back to normal from around 5th Dec, a lot of members on here underestimate the Atlantic

ECM looks 'normal' we and windy, GFS in middle trending Atlantic, GEM also going for Atlantic, I'm going for a very mild/wet windy spell from 5th Dec, just hope it can be as dry as possible in the day

ECM1-216.GIF?27-12gfs-0-222.pnggem-0-216.png?00

Don't...want...rain+gales,repeat,don't..want...rain...and...gales......I...will...happily...take..a..'dry'..high!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Don't...want...rain+gales,repeat,don't..want...rain...and...gales......I...will...happily...take..a..'dry'..high!!!!

Looks like you will get it too. unless the models change.  I suspect it is going to be late december before we see a seriously cold spell. But I am happy to wait till Christmas. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Manchester GFS 0z rainfall ensembles were not that wet for this area. No one ensemble actually went below 990mb as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

I love foggy days, usually get a few each winter here in the Thames Valley near Heathrow. Enjoy sound being muted, a bit like when it snows. Frosty and foggy weather in winter is my favourite as long as days are sunny. Hopefully this period of high pressure coming up will be just like that, very pleasant and no endless Atlantic wind and rain to deal with, that's really boring when it goes on for months like in recent winters. I do feel that fans of cold and snow will get a decent fix at some point over the next three months!

• Like 1

Posted

Struggling to see anything snowy. Delayed and delayed.

I think we are potentially looking towards the third week of December before any snowy cold can arrive.

Posted
18 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I think we are potentially looking towards the third week of December before any snowy cold can arrive.

perfect..timing..then...:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
48 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Not too worried about snow just yet personally, cold and dry with sunshine, frost and fog will do me fine. Got too much travelling to do between now and Dec 21st haha.

One thing I'm taking from the models at the moment is that mild weather continues to be out in the far reaches of FI. I was expecting mild weather to arrive by this coming Wednesday, then it was the weekend, now it looks like the 05th/06th. In the meantime we have a lot of dry, fine and chilly weather which for me is as good as snow just at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

perfect..timing..then...:D

Latest Met Office update is very poor for snow for December.

Maybe January will be more favourable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

As long as it isn't a washout like last year, I'll be fine. Mild and dry or cold and dry is fine by me. Please, just no rain!

Edited by cheese

Posted

something certainly to expect from 5th Dec, wonder what ECM will show, but I think normality from 5th, don't expect rain bands to move through at night either, still though 7 more dry days to go! not bad for Dec 1-4 dry, prefer GEM on the right as it looks dry (south) but doubt it'll come off, if it does though, shorts/flip flops out, winter clothes away

ukprec.pnggem-0-216.png?12

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Latest Met Office update is very poor for snow for December.

Maybe January will be more favourable.

then maybe Feb will be more favourable, after no doubt snowless Jan for the south

Posted

Well looks like a HP borefest for next week or so. Yawn!

Forget the "Get the cold in first" cries.....if HP dont shift then it wont. Moan over.....for now.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Well looks like a HP borefest for next week or so. Yawn!

Forget the "Get the cold in first" cries.....if HP dont shift then it wont. Moan over.....for now.

hope so! cos GFS looks horrid as I posted above, ECM good though, HP in late autumn, early winter very rare nowadays, makes a change, even if not all that cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Let's look at it this way, the forecast for the reliable timeframe doesn't involve any rain... WIN!

Looking forward to the next few days. Bright sunny days and proper cold with decent sub zero temperatures no the way!

• Like 2