Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

    Ramp & Moan away.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 12k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    This is wrong on so many levels...

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

    Ramp & Moan away.

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: winscombe north somerset
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
  • Location: winscombe north somerset

    morning gang ,it certainly is frustrating times but hopefully we will eventually see some cold air flooding south , as for gfs this morning its been on the bottle ,ecm not yet out [come on ecm place that high in the right place for a beasterly ], uk met ,smell the coffee ,well i,v had me fag and a good moan and ramp now back to bed ,cheers gang :yahoo:

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl

    do we need 2 whiners threads? ECM 240 though, don't normally think it will come off, but could do today, next day would look ugly probably, with purples over greenie, definitely looking like the Atlantic will dominate early Dec, 1st could easily be 10° or higher, sigh

    ECM1-240.GIF?25-12

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Derby
  • Location: Derby

    What we want for a change is nice winter not snow. Mild  temps but with a cold wind somewhere.  And my ramp for summer a long warm summer with rain. Snow on hills and peaks that will suit me fine. Looking at models that's what winter might be. Not saying any more than that. Because I have done. A winter forecast using working outs of previous winters from 2012-15 that's what I used to do it.  

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level

    Have to say the 0z runs Gem aside look horrendous if its high lat blocking you are looking for.So much potential in the 72-144 timeframe for retrogression but yet again too much Atlantic energy scuppering things.The ecm mean looks as bad or worse than the op, back to looking into FI for hope, deja vu.com...

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL

    If the GFS didn't exist we probably wouldn't have much ramping anyway, it is the sole cause of the whaling and gnashing of teeth. Despite numerous upgrades its still crap.

    I guess we are now looking to the second week of December and into mid month for any snow. If it did arrive and lasted through the Christmas holidays, I'm sure most would be happy with that.

     

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl

    oh well, get my flip flops out, and shorts TMW not too bad a suppose

    h850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.png

    Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
    2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

    If the GFS didn't exist we probably wouldn't have much ramping anyway, it is the sole cause of the whaling and gnashing of teeth. Despite numerous upgrades its still crap.

    I guess we are now looking to the second week of December and into mid month for any snow. If it did arrive and lasted through the Christmas holidays, I'm sure most would be happy with that.

     

    Ha ha. You mean wailing. This is whaling. The atrocious spelling and grammar are part of the entertainment on the model thread.

    whaling.jpg

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.

    This is how I feel when a cold spell is forecast and then actually arrives. :rofl:

     

    emperor.jpg

    Edited by Seasonality
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
    7 hours ago, Jonathan Bollen said:

    What we want for a change is nice winter not snow. Mild  temps but with a cold wind somewhere.  And my ramp for summer a long warm summer with rain. Snow on hills and peaks that will suit me fine. Looking at models that's what winter might be. Not saying any more than that. Because I have done. A winter forecast using working outs of previous winters from 2012-15 that's what I used to do it.  

    Mild winter for a change? Where the hell have you been for the last few years? Not the UK I take it.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
    4 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

    Ha ha. You mean wailing. This is whaling. The atrocious spelling and grammar are part of the entertainment on the model thread.

    whaling.jpg

    Many apologies, I loose my head when people use the wrong form of a word.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
    Just now, mountain shadow said:

    Many apologies, I loose my head when people use the wrong form of a word.

    :rofl: I see what you did there! (lose)

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    5 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

    This is how I feel when a cold spell is forecast and then actually arrives. :rofl:

     

    emperor.jpg

    WTF dunno what to say! i'll say if we get proper cold (south) at +24, then somehow still will end up going tits up

    Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bedworth, North Warwickshire 404ft above sea level
  • Location: Bedworth, North Warwickshire 404ft above sea level

    I think if we have a 4th winter in a row where we don't get snow for more than 1/2 day, i'll give up on weather watching all together.

    Is it too much to ask for snow to last on the ground for 2 days now???!!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

    I think if we have a 4th winter in a row where we don't get snow for more than 1/2 day, i'll give up on weather watching all together.

    Is it too much to ask for snow to last on the ground for 2 days now???!!

    well it's obvious our winters are getting milder, we must have gone up by 0.2° since the 90's? won't seem a lot but can make a huge difference to low level snow (south) so yes a huge ask unless you live 300m asl in the north

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
    3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

    Even flatter.

    Flat as a witch's tit?

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Manchester Deansgate.
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
  • Location: Manchester Deansgate.
    Just now, Seasonality said:

    Flat as a witch's tit?

    Yes - ******* gutted!!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    7 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

    Flat as a witch's tit?

    When what we all want is as cold as a witch's gazonga!:good:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Chessington, Surrey
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
  • Location: Chessington, Surrey

    I know this is good news and that's great but I'm like a little brat at the moment but I can't say I've been spoilt I haven't seen a flake in 3 years . It keeps getting further away . Aaarrrrggghhhhh

     

    https://mobile.twitter.com/WxCoEuroEnergy/status/802156421425008641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL
  • Location: Carryduff, County Down 420ft ASL

    A whole hour into the 12zs and not one post in the main thread on the 12z runs. That tells you any snow is a long,long way away. We're certainly into the 2nd week of December now.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
  • Location: Warsaw, Poland. Formerly London.
    1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

    I know this is good news and that's great but I'm like a little brat at the moment but I can't say I've been spoilt I haven't seen a flake in 3 years . It keeps getting further away . Aaarrrrggghhhhh

     

    https://mobile.twitter.com/WxCoEuroEnergy/status/802156421425008641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

     

    butthurt.jpg

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Tyrone
  • Location: Tyrone

    I was thinking we would get a northerly further done the line from the GFS 12z around the 5th dec. Shows yea what i know haha

     

    The shortwave low what ever you call it went under.

    Edited by booferking
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...