Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SACRA

Posted

Well today I had a temp of 10 deg. very still hardly any wind either.  I think down here I will have to wait much longer than others up north but that suits me fine.  24th Dec would be a really good day for it to start snowing for me.  lol 

• Like 1

Maxed out at 6c here today... going to be a cold night probably -4c or -5c and a max of 3c tomorrow... been looking at the models today and this blocking theme looks set to continue for a while...i cant remember a time where the models have seemed to be desperately trying to find a route to cold but nothing coming.... i honestly do think it will be a sudden switch out of the blue...and im hedging my bets at an 87 OR 91 Easterly.... entire country brought to a stand still... days and days of bone chilling cold and more snow than we've ever seen in our lives...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well obviously no snow yet but nice to have some cold weather and frosts. Hopefully the snow will follow soon enough. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Coldest night of the season so far -4.3c :cold:

C.S

Posted
Just now, Snow Queen one said:

Lovely frost this morning the trees are white.  been a long time since it has been this cold in my neck of the woods.  I do think we are in for some fun and games this winter.

Agreed

don't go in the MAD thread though.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No snow here at Alvechurch as expected this time of year tbf nice cold crispy days and nights though. Got a horrible feeling this year will be a disappointment for snow again though.

Posted

Cold in the Chilterns, down to -9 I understand last night, still -4.5 in NW London this morning, and a frost on cars at 8pm last night..

1st Day of winter and no snow not even a flake... :rofl:   mod thread is not a happy place to be right now... the ECM is running late due to a power outage meaning its expected to roll out at the same time as the pub run... that should liven things up a bit, like i said the other day i still feel the models will wake up soon with a sudden latching onto a cold pattern. i fancy a nice cold white Christmas and new year. I have a chest freezer in my garage full of extra food.. enough UHT milk to sink a ship.. more Stella than ive ever seen before, no way im getting caught out by a sudden blizzard..keep the faith fellow Snow lovers we will be having our fun and games soon enough...

Well we had an ice day here yesterday as temps held at 0c or just below so thats one more than last winter.... and this mornings output seems to be a lot better toward the end of the month for HLB more ice days and lots of snow to come i feel.... come on fellow SACRA members we must keep the faith....wont be long until the local councils are running out of grit salt..:snowman-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have a feeling that when we will get snow it will be when it will be when it is most unexpected.  Then chaos will happen like it did in February 2009 when after a time of heavy rain the weather in January.  The first new of colder weather was three or four days before the snow landed in the UK but was only forecasted for colder weather coming from the continent and a day later did the weather forecast say anything about the possibility of snow. If the weather can change so quickly from mild to very cold over a short period of time, it can happen again.:cold-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

please give me a number too :). I have numerous lamp posts to go, and many windows to peer out of.  I also weather check mon-fri @8:30 and then @3:05pm. :cold-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

I remain optimistic of that most magical of events.....a white Christmas! ''Tis just the calm before the storm (snowstorm that is) we are enduring. Come the 15th-20th December a great change will set in and true Russian cold will visit Britain for its winter holiday, and it will stay until we are tired of sleighing, of building snowmen. That great snow maker the channel low will become a frequent visitor as will the Baltic trough as it wanders westward....we will feast this winter in the best traditions of SACRA.

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

Well, the polar conditions may not be here yet but there are absolutely bi-polar conditions in the model thread...

Madness is not the word in that thread.

my take on things as they stand are as follows....after the mild rubbish I expect the HP to build back in (aprox 7-9 days) giving harsh overnight

frosts and crisp sunny winter days(with possible ice days) this lasting through until around Boxing Day,The period Between Boxing Day and NYD

Holds much interest for me as I think our HP will Migrate NW To allow a potent Northerly to set in bringing some Heavy Snow Southwards.

Just my take on things and of course things will change.

Interesting times ahead.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I really don't understand the obsession with snow?????????...I had to drive from Calgary to Edmonton last week and woke up to find it was throwing it down with snow and my car was partly buried with snow..not only do then have to spend time brushes my car off..i had forgotten the hair raising experience of driving up the highway in the dark in white out conditions..at that point I was thinking roll on spring..just make it stop for the love of god!:ninja:

• Like 2

Posted

So true, those of us who live where snowfall is frequent and often disruptive are all too aware of the downsides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I don't want a frost for Christmas
Yes the ground can often freeze
I'm not into double figures 
Even less south-westerlies
All I want is a split flow
Scandi high and Euro Low
Can it be just so? 
All I want for Christmas is...

• Like 4

Posted

It feels like we have had Christmas already so that means it will now snow.:santa-emoji:

Posted
On 12/11/2016 at 06:43, Spikey M said:

I know you can't steal weather, but part of me remains convinced that America is stealing our cold.

We should invade.

Have you seen it? Was watching the American Football and it was a sight for sore eyes. They don't stop playing either, they just uncover the lines and keep on playing. 

Seriously if i win the Euro Millions tonight i buying me a snow cannon for my garden... and if that dont work im moving to Northern Canada... then i wont ever have to worry about mild sectors or dew points or weather cold Zonality is good enough or be concerned by something being marginal... 16 days in and not one single snow flake... im pretty savage right now with the UK weather it had better start bucking its ideas up or else im gonna go nuke that poxy PV.....:diablo:

Well well well..... the last 24 hors has suddenly gone from borefest to snowfest..... i can see a cold snowy period just around the turn of the the year... blizzards as far as the eye can see ice days the lot.... im off to strip the shelves of bread and milk in my local supermarket...lol