Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SACRA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Please can I join in? and here are my igloo credentials: we built this when we were young and our school was closed due to snowy weather. Beautiful memories.

igloo.jpg

• Like 2

A pretty good update on the BBC weather just now.... looks like the AO set to stat negative... confirm wetter spell in to the start of December but then a more blocked set up with it turning colder with increased ice and snow risk.... he also confirmed that the computer models are struggling greatly with the NH set up.... so im guessing we wont see anything consistent from the model output anytime soon.... so basically im expecting blizzards, roads closed, airports closed, schools closed and British Gas rubbing there hands together all before xmas...

Posted

Lol welcome woollymummy of course you can join I am giving you number 16/116.

I am looking forward to some snow and ice but only after 16th Dec.   My daughter is due to give birth to our first grandchild on that date lol.

So snow can stay away till baby is safely here and she is back home.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

SACRA thriving and with GP's latest positive comment on the MOD thread there is everything to play for for a white Christmas this year...should be a nice present for your new grandchild snowqueen :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Can i join too please? Hopefully this winter goes in some way of taking away the pain of the last few yrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I'm sure I joined this list a few years ago?  Either way, after this mornings 06Z GFS run can I get really loud "RAMPING!" from everyone!

Posted

Sign me up! :)

snow round these parts through the last few years are as sparse as my mental strength. 

Edited by Changing Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I'm a complete nutcase for mountains, skiing, playing in the snow and a good howling blizzard. Even my skis have blizzard written on them! :laugh:

I would love to join SACRA please Snow Queen one!

Brian Blessed 20.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Nippy here today. 8c but feels colder. Met office forecast for tomorrow is 2c. :)

Latest model out put dont look to good.... lets just hope its a wobble.... might just have to put The Day After Tomorrow on dvd... plenty of snow and cold there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

might just have to put The Day After Tomorrow on dvd

While I am a fan of snow and cold..... anything faster than a 4C per hour temperature drop is just a tad too cold for me..... and given the choice - I prefer my pee not to instantly freeze mid-stream....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Can I have a number to please snow queen

Cheers

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The last time I saw snow on the ground was February 2015. 1cm which melted by lunchtime. Other than that haven't seen any since early 2013.

Oh and could I join please. :D

2015-02-03 07.39.45.jpg

Edited by matt111

Well the Met Office update today has certainly put the cat among the Pigeons for sure.... i do really hope they are right...

UK Outlook for Thursday 1 Dec 2016 to Saturday 10 Dec 2016:

We are likely to see outbreaks of rain and strong winds affecting northern parts of the UK to start the period, but it should be largely dry and fine with bright or sunny spells and light winds across the south. There will be some frost and freezing fog patches overnight where skies are clear. As we go into early December, as pressure remains high around the country, central and western areas are likely to be fine and dry with a threat of more unsettled conditions further east. With cold conditions becoming established across the country, there will be further overnight frost with the risk of some sleet and snow across northeastern parts, especially over higher ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Saturday 26th November ice day recorded first since 2010 max temperature yesterday was -0.8c:cold:

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Hello Snow Queen one, thanks for the number, I would bet on the little one arriving about a week late though, so lets hope the snow comes on 23rd at the earliest. Or preferably in January when we haven't all got to be driving about to see the relatives.:santa-emoji:

• Like 1