Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SACRA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

I would like to get in on the act if I may @Snow Queen one I promise to bring a bit of luck:cold:

please can I become a member?

Edited by Boba fett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

i had been wondering what SACRA meant...lol... i get it now... im gonna enjoy this place during the next 4 or 5 months... i want a 2012/13 winter again... but without the dreadful let down of That ECM from December.... but still i would suffer another let down if the winter to following produced like Jan Feb March 2013 did...

Yes,remember march 2013 well,this is a road but doesn't look like it though,i had so much fun that day especially with the snow blowing around :D

PICT0136.JPG

7 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yes,remember march 2013 well,this is a road but doesn't look like it though,i had so much fun that day especially with the snow blowing around :D

PICT0136.JPG

We still had roads looking like that weeks later.... best blizzards ive seen in my life....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, More Snow said:

We still had roads looking like that weeks later.... best blizzards ive seen in my life....

Yep,not seen anything since,WE ARE DUE ONE this winter:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

The format of those numbers looks suspiciously different to the one I have.... I'm member 9004 - but all those people getting fancy numbers starting with "16/" look like they have much lower numbers than me..... :sorry:

But what I'm much more interested in.... how does the holder of the sacred list - end up at any number higher than 1????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Haha this takes me back!

I think it was 2006 when I first started SACRA, although SQ1 has taken on the mantle since.

I used to be Number 1 but not sure if this is still the case as I am only an occasional poster now, preferring to lurk in the shadows and let much more intelligent people analyse and explain the models.

Looking forward to what promises to be an interesting season ahead!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms

We'll I've not been on here in what feels like years, about the same time we last saw snow here in the east I imagine (it feels like). Some interesting charts, a heavy glug of SATSIGS, and finally the return of SACRA, have drawn me from my hibernation. Look forward to an interesting season! According to my signature, I was back in the day SACRA # 01610 (you can tell I was a prominent participant...not). Probably long since buried, like my drive will be in a months time. Can I get a fresh number? and look forward to my lamppost coming out of retirement. :cold-emoji::snowman-emoji:

Spoiler

Edited by Mr Plow

Posted
32 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

and look forward to my lamppost coming out of retirement

You are lucky - since they changed us to the bright white LED things -

a) you can no longer spot light snow drifting down (you can't even see rain of any intensity) and

b) It's like staring at the sun - it's painful and ultimately you can't see anything.

Edited by asjmcguire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cant remember if i had a number from previous years or not! But i'm here now anyway. I love the snow as much as you guys do though! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, More Snow said:

SATSIGS??

I definitely take what your display name is, thank you very much! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms
31 minutes ago, More Snow said:

SATSIGS??

Sod All The Science, It's Gonna Snow

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Sod All The Science, It's Gonna Snow

Ah a bit like FOBIS ....... (hint... the F makes it NSFW)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Always wanted to be a SACRA member since I joined so please allocate me a number. I will ramp with the best and look for the tiniest hint of snow in the farthest reaches of ens to lift the shield that has blighted the southwest for the last 3-4 years!

Posted
11 hours ago, asjmcguire said:

The format of those numbers looks suspiciously different to the one I have.... I'm member 9004 - but all those people getting fancy numbers starting with "16/" look like they have much lower numbers than me..... :sorry:

But what I'm much more interested in.... how does the holder of the sacred list - end up at any number higher than 1????

Hey there.  I belive anti mild started the group ages ago and did not have time to oversee it so I volunteered to do it and have been doing so since.  lol

A warm welcome back to anti mild.

All seasons-si   your number is 16/107

Boba felt your number is 16/108

Mr plow your number is 16/109

Mark New your number is 16/110

Asjmcguire your number is 16/111

Bob 29 your number is 16/112

A warm hello to all the new group members and existing ones.

Loving all the comments.

Edited by Snow Queen one
  • Like 1

Fear not my fellow snow lovers.... this morning on the school run i spotted a number plate end in the letters WAA then almost the very next car was HLB.... i kid you not.. its a sign from the number plate god.... we are in for some major fun and games over the next 4 or 5 months...

It better be a sign.... i saw snow falling last week first time since April... now all i want is minus 15c 2ft of snow preferably over the Xmas and New Year period...is that to much to ask for really?? i mean i been a good boy all year its the very least i deserve... lol

Can i a membership number please too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Love the photos....a foretaste of this Christmas I believe. Quite happy to endure the tortures of phantom beasterlies for the next week or two....then the serious stuff can begin.

SACRA 16/112