Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December 2016 C.E.T. forecasts -- start of 2016-17 competition year

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Rest in pieces 2016!  12C  :(  Last sub 0C, last sub 1C, last sub 2C, last sub 3C and last sub 4C December all in 2010.

Edited by Lettucing Gutted
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

I will plump for a CET mean of 5.1C if I may- I am NOT expecting a very cold month. December will be replete with some cold frosty spells and lengthy mild wet and windy conditions from the south-west. Indications are afoot of Westerly AAM being transferred to higher latitudes and a strengthening of the Polar Vortex. Those anomalous strong Westerlies high-up over the Equator (as noted in September and October) have to come down and spread their influence northwards sooner or later!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
On 11/21/2016 at 07:31, Lettucing Gutted said:

Rest in pieces 2016!  12C  :(  Last sub 0C, last sub 1C, last sub 2C, last sub 3C and last sub 4C December all in 2010.

What are you expecting- high pressure extending from the Canary Islands to Denmark funnelling warm air from the Azores throughout the month? That could produce a mean temperature like that in December but I cannot imagine such a set-up persisting like that- not even in my worst nightmares!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
53 minutes ago, iapennell said:

What are you expecting- high pressure extending from the Canary Islands to Denmark funnelling warm air from the Azores throughout the month? That could produce a mean temperature like that in December but I cannot imagine such a set-up persisting like that- not even in my worst nightmares!!

not even I'm expecting that! I expect a Dec dominated by the Atlantic, with no snow all month for CET zone, as I said on other page, 5.9C

Craig lol, don't win again! 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Blocking pattern for much of December ......Atlantic....zzZZZZZZ

3.9c :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

5.3C, as a result of alternating cold and mild spells.  Warmer relative to normal in the south than in the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Roger please drop my guess down a tad to 4.0, thanks bobd29

SACRA 16/112

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

3.6C for me please...

MIA

From down here in the Canaries, (and now I find I've now got internet access)   Just the 24C today here!..

The charts are looking even colder to me for the UK. So I want to go down a touch. 3.3C please for me!!!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
New information!
  • Like 1

Posted

I see it going very cold 2.1C please initially from the north and then easterly winds setting in.

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I hope I'm wrong but I think it'll be cooler than average, but not excessively so.

4.3C please

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Despite last year, Decembers are generally the least likely to spring a surprise.

Since 1945 there have only been six Decembers that have either registered in the top 25 all time warmest Decembers (4) or in the top 25 coldest Decembers (2)

February and May, with only nine such registers, are the next lowest. In contrast March has registed 19 (2 of them in the coldest) while October has registered 18, all warm. You have to go back 98 years to find the last time an October that was in its coldest 25 ever.

June is worth a mention with 11, simply for the fact it's the only month with more coldest month registers (6) than warm.  In fact the last 40 Junes have seen just one get in its top 25 warmest, whereas 4 have registered in the top 25 coldest! On average June has been a colder month over the last 40 years than it has been since the end of the 2WW

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

4 c please .......I think after the first week or so we will see Winter start up..... Quite convinced we will see some decent Winter weather this December ..... And my money is firmly where my mouth is with a small wager on a White Xmas

image.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

3,4C for me thank you. This month will be between 1 and 2C below normal, this guess is towards the lower end of the range but why not be positive. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

4.3 for me please, hoping that I've gone too high and it forces mother nature colder!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Going for 5C