Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Lots of fog between Dundee and Glasgow but beautiful afternoon here in the Weeg. Clear blue skies and sunshine.

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We haven't seen a blizzard like this for a few years! Can't walk outside, it's blinding.

Whole family has had fun with pup today who picked up a snowball on her name tag proof of freezing temperature.  Mrs Northernlights took these photos      Clear skies now and -0.8c Quite the Snow Dog!

Still piling up. About to don my ski goggles and head out for a wee wander.

Posted Images

Posted

Just sublime weather after -1c this morning ,frosty in shade all day. With no wind have been clearing out a shed of loose straw caused by a few mice eating strings,cows really comfortable now on this very dry straw. a pleasure to be working outside. Currently 4c.

• Like 5
    Posted
    4 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

You don't need an SLR, just something whose primary function is to take pictures...  It's just marketing bollux that makes out phones can take orgasm-inducing photos with a lens and sensor the size of a fish egg.

Got a couple with the nice camera when back that way. Added them to the post. Camera difference rather obvious!

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86595-scotlandalba-regional-weather-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3529302

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
    4 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Well, having read all of your 'stunning' morning posts, I am beginning to wonder what the east central belt has done to deserve the winter we have had!   Yet another morning to add to this week of murk!   Never thought I would wish for spring 3/4 of the way through January but I have well and truly had it with winter this year.   Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a frost and last night only got down to 1.7c here whilst many are reporting a good few degrees below.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

A bit different up here Blitzy!

Managed an early walk with the wee Grandson while it was white frost and brilliant sunshine here till 12.15pm when the fog rolled over and has been foggy and cold since. 

Last Saturday was brilliant sunshine and a boot 4 inches o' snaw when I was towing the wee grandson and his mum a boot oan a sledge behind the quad bike.

Overcast mild and boring between these days though!!!

Big Innes

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Beautiful day here. Due to the fact the sun hits the hill here at 11am (still) then the 'high' was 0.7c (higher now but i'm referring to daytime high)

Whereas 1/2 a mile away the car was reading 4c where the sun had hit. 

Low was -3.4c 

Tbh i'm bored by this winter. Lying snow is so so difficult to get it would seem.

Roll on summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    2 hours ago, SW Saltire said:

Beautiful day here. Due to the fact the sun hits the hill here at 11am (still) then the 'high' was 0.7c (higher now but i'm referring to daytime high)

Whereas 1/2 a mile away the car was reading 4c where the sun had hit. 

Low was -3.4c 

Tbh i'm bored by this winter. Lying snow is so so difficult to get it would seem.

Roll on summer!

Four years ago tonight I lived at 220m and was getting smashed by strong winds and drifting snow:

IMG_1766.JPGIMG_1767.JPGIMG_1768.JPGIMG_1769.JPGIMG_1770.JPG

• Like 9
    Posted

What's this? Chance of a flurry?! 

Regional forecast

Strathclyde

Headline:

Patchy rain or snow Sunday morning, then brightening.

This Evening and Tonight:

Clear spells during the evening with frost becoming widespread for a time, also freezing fog patches. Cloud thickening from the south with some patchy rain, with light snow on higher ground, perhaps even some lower levels by morning. Minimum Temperature -2C.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
    3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Four years ago tonight I lived at 220m and was getting smashed by strong winds and drifting snow:

IMG_1766.JPGIMG_1767.JPGIMG_1768.JPGIMG_1769.JPGIMG_1770.JPG

Fantastic photos! We can dream...

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Wtf just awoke to a dusting of a snow...OK it's only stuck to the grass and cars but it's white it's snow and it's a dusting....sadly it got me excited after not looking at the models for daysale thinking there must be an amazing weather turnaround but unfortunately not so much...only been about 15 posts in the MT in 20 hours says it all...gales by next weekend and not even cold in the deep reaches of FI....still hopefull we will get snowy spell in Feb but I'm always hopeful

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Beautiful day yesterday, cracking blue skies and a bit chilly with it. The sun still has a few weeks to go till it climbs high enough to reach into the dark corners of the village here. Going to drag the OH out for a wee dauner later on, get those muscles moving wi' a guid stretch o' the legs!

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

After a week of ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz... weather, awoke this morning to an unexpected light dusting of snaw. Barely there on the grass, bins, cars, etc, but grand to see. Yesterday was freezing fog all day. -0.4C/-2C and the very lightest snaw falling again. 

Edited by Polar Gael
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.........Not a lot to say reallyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

static_weathercams.php.jpe

• Like 4
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

Morning.........Not a lot to say reallyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

static_weathercams.php.jpe

I had rain first thing this morning if that cheers you up? 1C and rain...perhaps the most miserable weather going? 

• Like 2
    Posted

In stark contrast to yesterday's sunshine it's grey and drizzly I'm Glasgow this morning. Heading home soon on the train.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I'll just say thaat it's sunny again here after a frosty start, and now I'll run away and hide....

At least there'll be a bit more happening in a few days rather than endless nothingness for all you guys in the gloom.  I'm starting to understand folk who live in parts of Europe where the weather can often do the same thing for weeks. They get excited over wee scraps of cloud bubbling up in the afternoon...

• Like 1
    Posted

Snow you say?

Sorry, I've moved into Warm-Weather Ramp Mode (WWRM) so this current snizzle is a bit of a downer.

Mon the sun.

• Like 1
    Posted
    28 minutes ago, CoastRainbow said:

A wee dusting of snow this morning above Greenock :) a wee surprise 

IMG_2587.JPG

The cut? :) 

The GFS looks stinking at first glance but late in FI the jet takes a trip south as it should at this time of year and we are increasingly left in the cold air to the north of the centre of lows as they pass west to east. Without proper northerly or easterly cold air this is our best chance of getting a dump of snow, so it's not all bad news. 

Edited by CatchMyDrift
    • Like 4
    Posted
    3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The cut? :) 

The GFS looks stinking at first glance but late in FI the jet takes a trip south as it should at this time of year and we are increasingly left in the cold air to the north of the centre of lows as they pass west to east. Without proper northerly or easterly cold air this is our best chance of getting a dump of snow, so it's not all bad news. 

Yeah that's the Cut @CatchMyDrift some more photos :) IMG_2613.JPGdIMG_2590.JPG

• Like 3
    Posted

P1030501_zpsohopon3y.jpg

Back to grey gloom today after seeing the sun yesterday for just about the only day this week! Managed to get out for a walk in the Southern Uplands yesterday afternoon and it was ideal crisp walking weather. Frost lingered in the shade all day - I took this photo in the Dalveen Pass and you can clearly see the parts where the sun failed to reach contrasting with the late afternoon light higher on the hillside.

Edited by spindrift1980
    • Like 3