Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

There are some interesting blobs in the radar way off to the NNW. I'm wondering if they will hit this region in the next few hours. Either way it's nice to see a light covering if snow on the ground (that won't be washed away overnight!)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
54 minutes ago, doctormog said:

There are some interesting blobs in the radar way off to the NNW. I'm wondering if they will hit this region in the next few hours. Either way it's nice to see a light covering if snow on the ground (that won't be washed away overnight!)

Yeah I was trying to figure out where they were going! Looks like somewhere out your way might get some showers after all from them...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, edo said:

Lol I fear he has spent to much time in the MT 

Get into rehab Ravelin ure in danger of turning native 

No chance, just a little mid winter model fatigue, combined with it being the crappiest time of year (dark evenings, no holidays imminent, weather disappointing etc). Compared to most in the MT I've got my head screwed on and ain't going to overreact to every little change on every model run. 

I think I need a little fresh air therapy tomorrow ie a little walk. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yeah I was trying to figure out where they were going! Looks like somewhere out your way might get some showers after all from them...

Typically after I posted that, the winds seem to have switched to a more westerly direction keeping the precipitation out to the north! I should really learn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
2 hours ago, Polarlow said:

First descent fall of snow this morning here in Dundee, as Sawel has already mentioned. Here is my 7;00am trip to the shops for a paper ! LoL...It was too cold to clear the car by hand... So I just used the wipers..................

07040001.MOV

i think my daughter lives in flats behind you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
3 hours ago, mardatha said:

Mistyqueen - if your chart is right then I'm going to be digging meself oot until July! O PLEASE PLEASE GOD GIMME IT :yahoo:

I wouldnae put any money on it, it's a long way off and you know how charts can change in the blink of an eye!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, Ravelin said:

No chance, just a little mid winter model fatigue, combined with it being the crappiest time of year (dark evenings, no holidays imminent, weather disappointing etc). Compared to most in the MT I've got my head screwed on and ain't going to overreact to every little change on every model run. 

I think I need a little fresh air therapy tomorrow ie a little walk. 

I can empathise with all the above and throw in eating like a rabbit all week with the standard healthy eating January and I feel exactly the same....may go for a drive tomorrow in search of a snow covered Hill for sledging 

Posted
59 minutes ago, edo said:

I can empathise with all the above and throw in eating like a rabbit all week with the standard healthy eating January and I feel exactly the same...

I've been the opposite, eating a whole load of junk this week and I need to stop. I also need to get back to doing more exercise as i've got lazy in the last year and it used to be my way of coping with sitting in an office all week, which at the moment is driving me nuts. 

-2.3C outside so at least if it doesn't snow tonight it's going to be frosty. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Dropped to -3.3 earlier in the evening, rose back up to -2.2 and is now dropping again - currently down to -2.7

Avg sitting at 0.2C I don't think it's going to drop to 0 before midnight, so we'll finish the day with an average above 0 (just)

Posted

A touch more light snow falling here when I woke up this morning making the place look slightly whiter. Temp currently -0.6c and overnight low of - 2.6C.

Posted

Nice morning and currently -1c. Looking forward to the mild and rain that's on it's way!

Another entirely forgettable 'cold spell'!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Minus 3.5 and a beautiful blue sky here. I don't want to hear about mild and rain!! But the back of the hoose is a sub-arctic zone..

Posted

Clear start, temp around -2c. Planning on a long walk later to make the most of the wintry landscape while it's still here!

I think for the likes of HC and myself this has certainly been a notable cold snap by virtue of us experiencing snowfalls after a long wait. However, going back to my predictions of earlier in the week I would agree that for many it's been a disappointment. I certainly expected snowfall to be more widespread and significant, whereas it's been very hit and miss.

The only downside for me was that I totally missed the snow falling and accumulating yesterday morning so that's next on my wish list!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A bit of a shower has just passed through so we have a nice fluffy covering again... Spect that'll be about it though. Traffic cameras are looking pretty wintry across the Highlands - now where's a gritter when you need one? Aaah, there they are...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Kilties! Light cloud here with patches of blue sky, temp a whopping 4.5c! I guess that's the end of the cold spell then, not that it amounted to much up here! Possibility that we may get another next weekend, but I'll leave the predictions to the experts!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

-1.1c was the lowest we achieved overnight.   Currently -0.7c.   Lovely sunny morning again.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A9 is closed Dunbeath to Berriedale this morning due to snow. 

Posted

Flying back to the UK tonight, weather warnings in place for snow and ice for most of Scotland. Should be an interesting drive from Newcastle up through the borders and east coast. By pure luck I remembered to stick on the winter tyres, the X5 is lethal without them.

Edited by Norrona2015