Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
    4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Stormy morning gusty wind squally showers and currently 3.2c.Looking out at cows and they are all sitting on straw not queued up at gate ready to go to turnips as normal ."think we"ll give a miss its horrible out there" they are real characters!!

First snow shower 11.45 am currently blue skies and 1.7c

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We haven't seen a blizzard like this for a few years! Can't walk outside, it's blinding.

Whole family has had fun with pup today who picked up a snowball on her name tag proof of freezing temperature.  Mrs Northernlights took these photos      Clear skies now and -0.8c Quite the Snow Dog!

Still piling up. About to don my ski goggles and head out for a wee wander.

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

TIL there is a FakeForthBridge twitter account and it's hilarious! Thanks @Jo Farrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Very blustery here, blue skies and cloud scudding over at high speed. Very occasional sleet/hail showers. Not getting excited at the prospect of snow as I'll only be disappointed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
    3 minutes ago, asjmcguire said:

TIL there is a FakeForthBridge twitter account and it's hilarious! Thanks @Jo Farrow

It's very funny "Oh no. I had a few too many cocktails at the Christmas party and I think I smooched @tay_road_bridge! #embarrasing"  

could be a bit lively early Friday too 

FRBfri.png

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
    2 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Very blustery here, blue skies and cloud scudding over at high speed. Very occasional sleet/hail showers. Not getting excited at the prospect of snow as I'll only be disappointed!

the real cold air isn't here yet, still hope (12z charts), just a bit of excitement. 

1101FPthick.png

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    2 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Not to worry MQ: the MetO is forecasting -1C up there tonight...My old home, seven-miles up Glenurquhart will be in for a right pasting, too!:santa-emoji:

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Been out with the dog and it's very windy but a few spots of rain mixed in. Not all that hopeful for much in the way of snow here.

• Like 3
    Posted

Finally some showers have started turning sleety although surprisingly mountains still don't have very much cover

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
    1 hour ago, Polar Gael said:

Snaw showers now here and they're potent. Wind's eased off a bit for the moment. 2.4C/0C - intae the freezer we go. 

Game on! 

Is it lying at all?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    6 minutes ago, edo said:

Is it lying at all?

It said it was a banana so I'm guessing it's lying? 

:) sorry!! 

• Like 8
    Posted

The closer we get to this 'event' the more I reckon I'll be lucky to see any lying snow. Current forecasts are a big downgrade on yesterday and apart from a short window overnight Euro4 doesn't show much for here! Standard westerly behaviour really so not sure why I let myself believe otherwise :D

Edited by 101_North
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Yeah huge downgrade on metoffice app for here. Want to cry, anything will be a bonus :(

Posted
    9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

The closer we get to this 'event' the more I reckon I'll be lucky to see any lying snow. Current forecasts are a big downgrade on yesterday and apart from a short window overnight Euro4 doesn't show much for here! Standard westerly behaviour really so not sure why I let myself believe otherwise :D

Agreed 101 - just looks dry and cold for us sadly - usual northerly fare

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Heavy showers all day round here - inner Moray Firth - becoming increasingly wintry and the temp's dropping too. Anomolous spike of 9C very early this morning, now between 2C and 3C mostly.  It was very gusty overnight too - lots of leaf litter redistribution this morning.

Heck and gosh - work stood down due to unsuitable weather so I should get to enjoy the next few days after all :yahoo:. That'll ensure we get lots of sleet...

• Like 3
    Posted

That's better. Air must be getting colder now as that last shower did leave the hills with more of a covering. Getting there

• Like 2
    Posted
    44 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Have a wee lookie at this animation, may cheer you up a bit.
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

• Like 1
    Posted

A definite downgrade on the Met Office updates IMBY this afternoon with more emphasis on words like 'sleet' and 'wintry showers' - precipitation symbols on the graphical forecast have lower % chance precipitation, sparser showers and even rain at times overnight :wallbash: How are the dew points looking for later?

I've revised my expectations to 0cm lying snow at home in Motherwell once again, and maybe 2-5cm on higher ground like East Kilbride.  Hoping to be proved wrong though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I commute daily between Glasgow and Edinburgh, I wonder what the journey will be like via train tomorrow and Friday? Hopefully there won't be much disruption on the lines. Imagine having to be put up in a hotel for the night, the horror ;) seriously though, does anyone else share the same concern?

Edited by WhiteXmas