Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Hit a brief high of 18C in the sun in Dyce yesterday. I wonder how log it'll be before we see that again?

This morning it's 7/8C with lots of grey cloud and patchy rain. Won't complain too much cos we probably need some rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So, now that the Madness of Easter has passed ( they were here in bigger droves than last year! ) and we can breathe quietly for a few weeks, I notice a definate chill in the air! It was quite nice yesterday sitting in the sun, so long as I had shelter! Snow for some next week, which means rain and sleet for us, but don't switch the heating off yet! Like Northern Lights I also saw my first swallow on Tuesday, and there are wee lambs by the bucket load!! Boy, are they in for a shock next week!:cold:

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 3

Posted

Thin layer of cloud this morning, but sun peeking out occasionally, making it pleasant enough for any outdoor activity. Temp 10C and no wind.

Not relishing the prospect of the forecast Arctic blast, but some rain would be welcome.  Water levels are very low.

West Water, Glen Lethnot.

WW_Lethnot.thumb.jpg.d6ff8481e740b7d6d92eb6dc81d151f4.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Snow-forecast which is derived from the GFS has 36cm of snow in the next 2 days for the Lecht, the NMM short range looks to be 40-50cm! Somewhere north facing could get hammered in the next 2 to 3 days. Sadly from the GFS it looks as if the weather is then going to bring mild and wet weather for Saturday! We shall see...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Quite jealous of you lot! We want all your snow you may very well get! 

While it's fairly quiet and since the topic is getting rather long, will be locking this and opening up a new Regional Scotland Weather Chat thread to continue your discussions! :good:

Edit: Link to new thread,

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1