Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Looks like a lot of heavy rain (and hopefully snow for glencoe/nevis) on the radar for West of Scotland at the moment. Is it weird that I miss the rain banging off the roof and velux window?:cc_confused: It's rarely the same level of persistent heavy rain here nr the east coast of englandshire...

Posted

Damp cool start at 3.8c.    Geese overhead flying west looking for a grass field, not going north yet.  Spring never really starts for me until the geese have gone and March was always the hungriest month for nature. There is really no green left with brown being the dominant colour.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We have wall to wall sun today but it's very windy. First full official washing hung oot of 2017 :D

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
18 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I don't think it matters for us @Blitzen 

Thanks for the link Catch.   An informative and interesting read.:)

Well guys and girls finally we have done it, confirmation today from the estate agents that the house we wanted is ours, we collect the keys on 31st March and hope to be moved in the following week... now i really cant wait for Winter 2018 to get here.. 218m asl at the base of the Lammermuir Hills i hope should get me my fix every winter..

Also do you all think i could still see some snow in April in that location?

Looking forward to being part of this thread very soon. :drunk-emoji:

Posted

We've had snow in April here a few times, I'm about 20 miles as the crow flies due west of you and a wee bit higher.

sounds good to me. not looking forward to summer as warmth and sunshine is not my thing.. roll on Autumn and Winter 2018..

Posted

Miserable day here heavy showers strong wind and cold with a maximum temperature of 5c not very spring like more like  November.  Surface of ground very wet again

On a different note against the black showerclouds at dusk the new windfarm just 4 miles to the SE of us must have just  put its aircraft warning red lights on, very colourful above the conifers not at all rural.or as young Mr Northernlights has just said the aliens have  landed!

Mrs Northernlights has just seen them  and thought Cristmas had  come early as it appears that the red lights are on top of the conifers at night.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

Very very wet overnight fields now have a lot of surface water currently 2.6c. Just making up for the very dry winter we have had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You might see snow in April, it's possible even at low levels. In a straight line you'll probably be one of my nearest neighbours to the north but you'll be miles away over the hills. I hope it all goes well for you :) 

Just seeing snow will do for me.. even here in the peak district the last 2 winters have been nothing short of a horror show with nothing more than an hours worth of sugar dusting thats gone quicker than it came. just the packing up and van rental to get thru.. looking forward to being on this thread more often.

Posted

Bit of everything on the drive to Skye for work this morn, snow, ice, mist, rain, hail, wine gums, slippers, the works, some pretty glorious sun by the time we passed Glen Sligachanimage.thumb.jpeg.4f610a9e80942b9b352908a6c66ff5ba.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Morning all,

Cloudy, calm start, 2c. Some rain forecast later but looks like a mostly dry and mild weekend on offer over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It's been a fairly decent week here I suppose, if nothing terribly exciting. There's been some nice sunny days and even some very light frosts. Wetness has generally been absent, although with the weekend now approaching no doubt that will change.

Posted

Load of geese just went over me, heading north. Hope it's a real sign of warmer days, I'm bored with this winter now and I want some sun.

• Like 3

Posted

Grey skies, misty, temp 10C with a gentle breeze from the SW and a spit in the air.

I had a quick word with one or two of the daffodil pickers this morning - quick because the dog sniffed out a rucksack lying in the field, containing someone's lunch.:shok:

A fair number of local Scots, judging from accents, are working alongside seasonal migrants.

Posted

First spring like day bright periods and currently 13.5c like someone flicked a switch.with an RH of 58%.

Posted
5 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

16.1c at Fyvie Castle making it Scotland's warmest day of the year so far

Aye, it was quite pleasant up this way for a while earlier today. Not bad considering the severe depression that passed across the whole of Scotland yesterday, starting at around 16:00GMT.

Posted

I was watching 'Grand Tours of the Scottish Islands - Northen Skye: A Land of Giants and Fairies' on Friday night and was struck by how much part of the island Fladda Chuain looks like Scotland from above. It is down to the angle of the airel shot. Enjoyed the programme and you can still watch it on the BBC iPlayer. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07w4fhk/grand-tours-of-the-scottish-islands-series-4-4-northern-skye-a-land-of-giants-and-fairies

IMG_0070.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Morning all, currently northbound on the M74 for a few days in Braemar to explore the Cairngorms on a mountain bike with the other half. Snows looking a bit sorry for itself and not much fresh snow forecast, but on the plus side will be able to explore much higher up on the bike than normal for the time of year. Will post some pics on here this week if there's some good visibility. 

• Like 4

Posted

Had the day off work yesterday and found time to go out for a run/walk yesterday lunchtime (well it's been a while so there was no way I was running the entire 8.5km). It felt warm in the sun, very warm in fact. Maybe just a localised effect though i.e. me radiating heat. Clouded over a bit later but a pleasant day overall.

Mainly sunny and dry again today but a very stiff breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Have to say I'm enjoying spring.

So moved on from winter now. 

Maybe it's me, but have snowdrops not lasted a long time this year?

They're only just finally dying away at the house yet the crocii are well up and daffs opening too. 

Crackin day again out there.

Edited by scottish skier