Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
3 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

:shok:

This invokes visions of folk swerving wildly to avoid bolts striking the road in front of them.

#secondwinter

Thundersnaw, not had this since 2010 up here I don't think

Posted

Not sure when the fun and games we're going to start but got a hail shower rolling through currently

• Like 1

Posted

Let's see if a Spring yellow warning for snow leads to any less frustration and disappointment than it's Winter colleague! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Let's see if a Spring yellow warning for snow leads to any less frustration and disappointment than it's Winter colleague! 

Nothing weather related, but I had no idea you used to look like this when young:

screen-shot-2014-08-14-at-21-43-22.png

(first series)

• Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Nothing weather related, but I had no idea you used to look like this when young:

screen-shot-2014-08-14-at-21-43-22.png

(first series)

I'm happy to have 'grown into' my looks but it's always bugged me that the other fellow never aged at all LOL

original_3_0.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
5 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Just back from visiting family down in Lancashire. It literally rained for the duration of my visit.:D Not used to such rain living in the relatively dry east coast of Scotland! 

Was just checking the March temperature anomalies which are currently running a degree or so above average. Having said that looks like a cold few days coming up, though should be mostly dry over here.

Was down there yesterday, we were commenting on how dry it was though! 

Shap was horizontal rain as always  but south of say Lancaster uni on M6 it was fairly dry.

I have noticed that as Stirling is a lot drier than back home. Always rains in Dumfries and has a more humid feel.

The worst place is Cumbria by far though, Shap area is inhospitable 

Posted

Yes as soon as we think about sowing in spring colder weather arrives Very blustery with occasional hail showers and currently 5.6c.

At the risk of repeating myself I wrote this on the 5th of February .  Hail on again as I type

"Have always thought that springs are trending  towards longer colder  spells    (even allowing for the fact that snow and frost is not that unusual in spring up here but usually in short bursts and not sustained)    up here in the last ten years or so as cattle turnout dates are getting later into May instead of the end of April.  Seems this spring may be no different.

Not very popular with neighbours when I say seasons are operating two months behind nearly all the time and  probably another cold spring beckons."

• Like 3

Posted

Cold starry night, wind down a bit ,currently 1c with ground frost taking hold.Grass crunchy to walk on.

Posted
36 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Opened the curtains and........ snow! Falling quite heavily at the minute. Actually a decent enough covering by recent standards too - easily equals the best we got this winter. Bonus :)

Edit: Absolutely hammering it down now. Big fluffy, snow too. Best fall of 16/17 - admittedly from a fairly low bar!

tmp_18550-IMG_20170321_0628501235416631.thumb.jpg.4e1cf4b642d3db8b2032384d000e932b.jpg

tmp_18550-IMG_20170321_063844785816977.thumb.jpg.5261b537997e32772fc3ecfabb866744.jpg

Nice one! Just been sent a video of snow in south Glasgow and looks like the best there since November's event! (Typically I've missed both) m77 looks hairy in places but won't last long before it melts. 

• Like 5

Posted

Congrats 101, that's a decent covering. Dry start with blue skies here in Dundee. 

• Like 1

Posted

Easing off for now but about 2-3cms on the ground. Not long before it's gone sadly. Drip, drip...

Edited by 101_North

Posted

I walked the dog about half 5 when there was just a little bit of snow on the grass and cars but by the time I left for work at half 6 there was a blizzard and a few cms of snow already - it's the fastest I've seen it fall in years in the Glasgow area! The roads were treacherous too and no sign any gritters had been out despite the snow and ice warnings

• Like 4

Posted

Currently snowing, some slushy stuff on car windscreen but otherwise not laying.

• Like 1

Posted

Could help myself before heading to work :)

tmp_23062-IMG_20170321_081815712654032.thumb.jpg.a72ac8ddea1cf36ce8466eb53a41e021.jpg

(I was in a hurry LOL)

Pretty much stopped by the time I left. Just over an inch in the end. Not bad at all given how poor winter was here.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy and falling fast here, about 5" and still coming. Sent the (moaning) husband oot into it to take a fotie :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

If you look at the top of the wheelie bin that shows the depth.  He canny get the camera to work and took this one at 8am ish. Sun is oot now and so is he, playing with his snow shovel :)

ASNAW.jpg

• Like 5