Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Fine sunny start to the day here too with the temp at -2.3C around 8am.

Most of any low lying snow had already melted in all but sheltered wooded areas by the time I drove home last night. This morning the hills still have a white coat but green/brown predominates elsewhere. Maybe a top-up on the local hills overnight, but going to be difficult getting up them before it thaws as it's forecast for 7C by 9am and up to 10C by midday.

Posted
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

After the weekend it's turning colder with a slushfest incoming for everyone except me; I'm getting another foot of snow :rofl: 

Well if your forecasting is as good as this week, we are getting buried then. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

And you can all thank me accordingly afterwards :) 

At least get the new tyre sorted so you can drive to fife for the snow.... No need to waste the time on cleaning windows and buying bread this time :D

Posted

Few heavy snow showers this morning, at -1c it wasn't as cold as forecast overnight. Inland Aberdeenshire got the low numbers with clearer skies. Might manage a few showers as the stuff from the west moves in but it'll turn to rain overnight. A grey day overall, snow cover intact but starting to look a bit sad 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Got about 8-10cm in the end up, pretty good day at the office if you ask me! Could be another spell of snow next weekend...? 

Snapchat-274098937.thumb.jpg.e83ba073ec82e01c660c3e5bdea08669.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all, ive posted a few times in here this winter as looking to move myself and the family to Scotland as really cant be dealing in these winters without snow here in England, even here in the Peak district the last few winters have been totally rubbish for anything more than a dusting thats gone 20 mins after it stops snowing, i did have a house that looked like it was good to go but sadly it didnt happen, so today i have booked a viewing on a rural 4 bed farm house in an area called Ballaterich in the Cairngorms National Park..nearest village is Ballater 4 miles away.. ive done an elevation check and 200m asl for the property postcode. travelling up Monday to view Tuesday.. anybody in here have any knowledge of this area and what do you rate my chances of seeing good snow fall during winter? thanks in advance for any info provided. also really enjoyed watching this thread during Thursdays event..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Wheres all the Snow? Looked at the Braemar snowgate web cam, No Snow. We have had some very mild sunshine down south with all the daffs out and the grass growing already, another early Spring. Coming up to Scotland in April, love your part of the world, you are very lucky to live in such a nice unspoilt part of the world. Good Health to you all.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
On 24/02/2017 at 19:38, More Snow said:

Hi all, ive posted a few times in here this winter as looking to move myself and the family to Scotland as really cant be dealing in these winters without snow here in England, even here in the Peak district the last few winters have been totally rubbish for anything more than a dusting thats gone 20 mins after it stops snowing, i did have a house that looked like it was good to go but sadly it didnt happen, so today i have booked a viewing on a rural 4 bed farm house in an area called Ballaterich in the Cairngorms National Park..nearest village is Ballater 4 miles away.. ive done an elevation check and 200m asl for the property postcode. travelling up Monday to view Tuesday.. anybody in here have any knowledge of this area and what do you rate my chances of seeing good snow fall during winter? thanks in advance for any info provided. also really enjoyed watching this thread during Thursdays event..

You had me scratching my head for a bit there. Finally found Ballaterach about half way between Ballater and Dinnet  on the south side of the Dee. Decent enough place for snow I'd expect. We've had a few snowy walks around Loch Kinord near Dinnet. It's a really lovely area, snow or not. 

You'd also not be too far from Braemar either, probably one of the snowier places in Scotland, and of course Glenshee ski center is just up the road from there. 

Good luck this time. 

13 hours ago, TROY said:

Wheres all the Snow? Looked at the Braemar snowgate web cam, No Snow. We have had some very mild sunshine down south with all the daffs out and the grass growing already, another early Spring. Coming up to Scotland in April, love your part of the world, you are very lucky to live in such a nice unspoilt part of the world. Good Health to you all.

Melted, as has been usual this winter. It's was pretty mild up here today too, didn't check exactly but into double figures I'm sure. Duvet cover hung out to dry did so in no time. 

Posted

Grey wet day here. Gantry sign warning of High Winds arriving!!! Snaw all gone from here, but still patches on the hills towards FIntry.

Eldest is currently en-route to Leuchers to go flying, so hope it is better weather there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Grey wet day here. Gantry sign warning of High Winds arriving!!! Snaw all gone from here, but still patches on the hills towards FIntry.

Eldest is currently en-route to Leuchers to go flying, so hope it is better weather there

Steady  rain here not too far away from Leuchars and the wind has got up just recently so hope he got out earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible windy wet afternoon here, started off nice earlier. Neighbour who is lambing says it's to snow tomorrow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Been unbelievably wet these last few days down here. Horrible 

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy sleet and hail shower currently, wouldnt be surprised if we end up with more snow than Thursdays "snowstorm" but that wouldn't be difficult...

Posted
5 hours ago, Norrance said:

Steady  rain here not too far away from Leuchars and the wind has got up just recently so hope he got out earlier.

Sadly not, they arrived and got sent straight back home. Rather chilly in the strengthen wind, but at least it has stopped raining

Posted

Wild windy night here after a dry morning and a very wet afternoon.Currently  2.9c. A cold spring seems to be on the way following the trend of the last few years.

Posted

A low of -5c and snow overnight left a covering of around 7cms, very light, powdery stuff. Blue skies and currently -1c, off work ill so at least it's nice to look out upon

• Like 7

Posted

Lively blob of precipitation heading north the now, starting snowing lightly here 

IMG_4118.PNG

IMG_4124.PNG

IMG_4125.PNG

IMG_4126.PNG

Edited by Ruzzi

Posted

0.1c at 7.00am with clear sky and a ground frost. Snow on hills down to a thousand feet and frost has lain in shade all day.

Posted

Been snowing heavily here for the past hour. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been trying to snow here for a bit but not coming to anything.