Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Wind has suddenly risen after a clear frosty sunset and is now howling round the house Currently 2.8c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I hope we get some sun today, am getting very fed up. Cabin fever!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It's making an attempt to brighten up here as the sheet of cloud is finally breaking up a bit. Temp around 6C in Dyce, dry with a bit of a breeze.

Posted

2c this morning a bit breezy with quite a widespread ground frost and ice on some puddles.

Posted
5 hours ago, Ravelin said:

It's making an attempt to brighten up here as the sheet of cloud is finally breaking up a bit. Temp around 6C in Dyce, dry with a bit of a breeze.

Attempt failed, back to cloudy. Temp static at 6C +/- a tenth or so.

Posted

Still quite chilly with the wind but the skies look something like a balmy spring afternoon (without the balmy warmth) lovely day

• Like 2

Posted

After a few brief attempts of breaking through, the sun disappeared and stayed occluded for most of the day. Slightly less cold than yesterday with the temp sitting at a stubborn 6C.

I did hear a Lark singing this morning, on leaving home, in among the spuggie chatter. A good sign that Spring is near.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
9 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Blue sky day.  Almost warm in the sun - feeling overdressed in my full winter kit. Will it last? No.

Had tae read that twice HC!

The first read had ye pure teuchtered up in a heavy Tweed Jaikit and a Kilt.

Big Innes

• Like 6

Posted

Sadly snow wise this has been the worst winter for a long time, last year was bad but at least we had a few days with lying snow . This year we've had a few icing sugar showers and that's been it 

Roll on spring and the beer garden ! Days are getting noticeably longer too 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Big Innes Madori said:

Big Innes

You'll be after my plums then?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
10 hours ago, Big Innes Madori said:

Big Innes

I thought the same! Thought ooooo he's posh - a full winter kilt ?? Then had an interesting mental picure of a half summer kilt, maybe a mini one.. I think I got up too early. I need more tea. :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

Glorious morning, for a change. Full wall to wall blue skies, temp sitting fractionally above zero at 8am, slight frost on the car, low lying mist, virtually no breeze.

10 hours ago, JoeShmoe said:

Roll on spring and the beer garden !

It's getting to the point that if we're not going to get any meaningful snow we might as well get on with spring, and not another cold one either.

Although there is time yet, we could be looking at the first season for years that I've not skied somewhere in Scotland. Even just one decent day would be nice before the long wait until the next hunt for snow begins.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, JoeShmoe said:

Sadly snow wise this has been the worst winter for a long time, last year was bad but at least we had a few days with lying snow . This year we've had a few icing sugar showers and that's been it 

Roll on spring and the beer garden ! Days are getting noticeably longer too 

The worst snow wise for easily 10 years here - since I moved out this way anyway. On the other hand it's been colder with more frosts than last winter. A very dry winter, no real memorable wet periods, no memorable winds. Plenty of calm, bright days and generally pleasant days. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
13 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

You'll be after my plums then?

Ye need tae take care o' yer soft fruits HC

Don't want tae be getting a cauld draught up the trossachs eh! :sorry:

:D

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted

Today is warm and sunny (ok, ok, I mean for February) and I feel the sap rising. Perhaps.  But we all know how long winters have been running the last few years... @CatchMyDrift- models have been swithering the last few days - I'd say we're odds on for something wintry before too long.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Today is warm and sunny (ok, ok, I mean for February) and I feel the sap rising. Perhaps.  But we all know how long winters have been running the last few years... @CatchMyDrift- models have been swithering the last few days - I'd say we're odds on for something wintry before too long.

Total agreement here folds got their midwinter muck out today with a hired in telescopic loader(marvellous piece of kit which can tear out hundreds of tonnes of dung in a matter of hours) Cattle could still be inside on winter diet for  almost another three months yet especially if this spring follows the last few springs weather  patterns. Next job to get another store of turnips in.

Started the day at 4c and sunny with still a few patches of frozen snow from last weekend behind north facing dykes but its probably all gone as it rose to 8c this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted

@CatchMyDrift - re pictures above... lovely soft light but with a bit of brightness now we're out of midwinter, and it takes the edge off the stark blocks of conifers.  I like your composition - skylining tree silhouettes, meandering river, etc.  :smile:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Just back from walking the dog. Clear sky with bright stars. Felt surprisingly warm with no wind.

Posted

Morning all,

its been a horribly dull last week or so here but we finally saw a bit of sunshine yesterday afternoon, an appearance that everyone was commenting on. Also crept up to 10c. 

Posted

There was a good variety of weather today, imby.   It started off grey and misty this morning, then up in the NE corner, a few sunny intervals transpired - temp between  Fraserburgh and Peterhead 11C in the early afternoon.- mid afternoon, some sharp showers and rainbows. And now there is some lovely clear light on the hills.

Not boring  in my book ?