Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Anyone ventured into the mad house today?   I kind of avoided it because the forum list shows 'Model Moan and Ramp Thread' where 'Model Output Discussion' should be....(always a bad sign)   Funny how it is always moans and never ramps.   Wonder why?

I always say that every winter tells a story......I think I'll just leave it there!

1.1c/0.1c/ESE started snowing lightly.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Benvironment said:

I've got pals in southern BC who have seen 1 metre of snow fall in the last few days, and THIS is the worst that our feeble excuse for a winter can deliver.

It's just embarrassing :angry: Embarrassing I tell you!!!!

P1030023.jpg

I'd start to panic Ben! I'm coming to get you!

tmp_6124-IMG_20170209_2136441224585047.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
12 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'd start to panic Ben! I'm coming to get you!

tmp_6124-IMG_20170209_2136441224585047.jpg

Sure that's not dandruff :D There's off/on barely discernible lamp-post snow here in Leith. But the radar has some stringy blobs out there and maybe they'll beef up this next 24 hours...I'm semi-optimistic still. Noticed the gritters were out and about earlier, overkill but fair enough to take no chances.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

A thin covering o' snaw here noo, there must have been a few wee spells while ah've been watching pash oan the telly and eh snoozing!

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Has @Ravelinbeen in today? He should be getting more snow than anyone else... Perhaps he's cut off by 10' drifts already!

Hah, no chance in this pathetic excuse for a winter. Having said that, there's a heavy shower overhead at the moment and everything is turning slightly white but no doubt it'll pass over in 5mins.

• Like 2

Posted

OK, so that got very heavy as I think we took a direct hit from that shower. Just didn't last long enough. White outside now though. 

Quite a few more showers out in the North Sea heading inland so I might have a measurable covering by the morning if I'm really lucky. 

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all. Snowing lightly here in Broughty Ferry right now but all surfaces are wet so there has been no accumulation from any overnight showers. I suspect higher parts of Dundee will have a light covering of snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Morning. About one snowflake every 10 feet here in Falkirk when I dropped OH to the train station this morning.

• Like 2

Posted

Not even a sprinkling! This winter is dead to me!

Sadly Euro4 agrees with you Catch!

17021112_1000.gif

Edited by 101_North

Posted
30 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

IMG_1856.thumb.JPG.32c8829fe1f0106ab4d5f8e8f1ba24f2.JPG

Sprinkle sprinkle little snow, to 101 you'll never go.

I actually had more than that before I left for work - at least double!!! I guess with no photo no one will ever believe me lol

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Whoo white out here lol. Not even enough to make it worth while going outside to photograph my finger :closedeyes:

DSC_0183.JPG

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Oh well, at least the pic is different this morning!   Stopped now tho'.

static_weathercams.php.jpe

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
57 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Seems Fife caught the lion's share of what little was on offer. 

P1030029.jpg

That's a horse...

Last night's showers inevitably didn't settle here so I just had to de-ice the car this morning - -2C and still at -1C in full sun. Can see snow showers drifting west in the firth (or could a few mins ago) and hopefully the wind will turn to the NE later. Yeah right, by which time the showers will have died off.

This is the weather god's revenge for brexit, I'm sure.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted

This is the road out of the village, not the one the daughter got stuck on, which was much worse. 

IMG_20170210_085015.thumb.jpg.7dc56c8ea7ec35f8e5ba3364a4b7d38e.jpg

IMG_20170210_085153.thumb.jpg.58c27b36f8e129702a29d126125c76c9.jpg

Hastily taken and didn't have time to take any more, or better ones. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted

Glad you were able to sort out your daughter's difficulties and no harm was done.

Roads pretty dicy here too with a thin covering of freezing snow.

I am due to go to the Mintlaw, New Pitsligo area this afternoon, but I'm minded to cancel - especially after reading your post above!.

• Like 1

Posted

That's a cautionary tale @Ravelin, glad it worked out okay. There's no snow in St Andrews but the higher areas out of town and in the surrounding countryside have a light cover. The roads have been bad here too. The gritters were out but I think the showers just around dawn washed away some of the grit and then black ice took hold. 

Mostly cloudy with the odd light flurry, 2c.

Posted

That's the warnings issued for overnight and into tomorrow for Lothians, Borders and further south. Mostly higher ground but temp accumulations to lower levels blah, blah, blah. Pretty standard wording which generally equates to" hee-haw for most"! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
17 minutes ago, ciel said:

Glad you were able to sort out your daughter's difficulties and no harm was done.

I am due to go to the Mintlaw, New Pitsligo area this afternoon, but I'm minded to cancel - especially after reading your post above!.

Not wishing to jinx either your journey or the snow for those who want it, but the radar is showing showers heading towards most of the east coast from Caithness down to the borders (apart from the inner Moray Firth of course).

• Like 3

Posted
31 minutes ago, ciel said:

Only you can decide whether it's necessary but if the council get their act in gear and grit the roads you should be OK. Daytime temps will help and I doubt that any of the showers will be heavy or sustained enough to cause problems. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Not wishing to jinx either your journey or the snow for those who want it, but the radar is showing showers heading towards most of the east coast from Caithness down to the borders (apart from the inner Moray Firth of course).

4 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Only you can decide whether it's necessary but if the council get their act in gear and grit the roads you should be OK. Daytime temps will help and I doubt that any of the showers will be heavy or sustained enough to cause problems. 

I've cancelled and rearranged for next week - I would be traveling home around dusk and, in addition to the road conditions, I really dislike driving in that half-light.

I'm not actually able to link to the NW radar - the page is telling me that it is unavailable or busy, but my internet connection is pretty hopeless anyway atm.

Posted
4 hours ago, 101_North said:

Not even a sprinkling! This winter is dead to me!

Sadly Euro4 agrees with you Catch!

17021112_1000.gif

That darkest pink blob below the 1036 line is pretty slap bang over me and at 200 meters ASL and just about far enough west to hang on to the 0C dew points then I fancy my chances for something a tad more than a dusting tomorrow. Fingers tightly crossed for just one decent fall before the end of winter. 

• Like 3