Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Looking snowy for some this weekend, feels like the build up to this weekend has been going on for weeks! Still got fingers crossed for my Forth - Clyde streamer at some point over the weekend. 

IMG_3981.PNG

IMG_3982.PNG

Posted
8 minutes ago, ruzzi (snowboy) said:

Looking snowy for some this weekend, feels like the build up to this weekend has been going on for weeks! Still got fingers crossed for my Forth - Clyde streamer at some point over the weekend. 

IMG_3981.PNG

IMG_3982.PNG

Yippee! Sleety pish for me :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, ruzzi (snowboy) said:

IMG_3981.PNG

IMG_3982.PNG

I recall back, oh, must be 86 or something like that there was a Forth-Clyde streamer.  Started early morning, absolute howling gale and constant snow showers for about 6 or 7 hours.  Went from nothing on the ground to over a foot easily and that was in Viewpark area (near M74/M73 junction).  Something like that would be most welcome.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Dreich - thaw of the last of yesterday's snaw continuing. Grey & hill fog. 1.8C/2C. 

Ignoring the latest TOORPing primal scream therapy session, for us kilters, it looks cauld with some pop up snaw events possible over the next few days. 

Then chilly rather than cauld and possibly moderating out to give us something slightly less cauld during the day by end of next week. 

All appears to turn on what happens to the Scandi High (whether/how long it persists or flattens) & then whether there is retrogression to a Greenie High. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Some of the precip charts look reasonable for the eastern Borders in particular on Saturday, glad I'll be home by then IF they come off :) 

It's looking possible that the East Lothian sidewinder (i.e. the Forth streamer...doesn't always need to be a Forth-Clyde effort :) ) will fire up at the weekend, time will tell and we'll see who gets it!

Yup, I find it hard to imagine we'll see nothing from this Catch. If anything these situations are underplayed before they set in and then we wonder why we weren't confident enough just to outright forecast it based on previous experience ! Obviously the usual provisos apply about uppers, dew-points, wind direction, coastal/city effect, (sleety in Leith ? maybe or maybe not). Doesn't seem like it'll set-up long enough to make it memorable but I'd take any 24-36-48 hr event at this point :D

Edited by Paul Martin
  • Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Rickoza said:

I recall back, oh, must be 86 or something like that there was a Forth-Clyde streamer.  Started early morning, absolute howling gale and constant snow showers for about 6 or 7 hours.  Went from nothing on the ground to over a foot easily and that was in Viewpark area (near M74/M73 junction).  Something like that would be most welcome.

March 2013 was the last time I saw it with good effect in my area. Inches and inches with drifting in a strong wind, took me an hour to get from Newmains to Allanton in my fiesta at 4am in the morning, yet 2 miles away at Newhouse there was about an inch and half. The strength of the flow doesn't look very strong this time round to be fair but it's still a possibility 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Is a snippet a baby spell? or is a spell a baby snap? These posh weather forecasting terms lol yer all showing off noo!

Posted

The radar appears to show snow showers coming in off the sea into NE Scotland now.  Here the cloud broke in the morning and we have had  a sunny cool afternoon with a hazy line of high  cloud clearing off to the west.     Was up to 7c this morning but started to fall as the cloud cleared and is currently 2c with fresh SE wind.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You should know by now I make it up as I go along.

Like me with cooking. But you make it believable. My cookin def isn't!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Just had a live stream snaw fix while Skyping our oldest daughter and wee grandson who are living in Vancouver Island.

They have had snaw for the past three days now and it was falling moderately all the time we were on. They have also had a weather warning today for eh, even mair snaw!

Will we get anything fae this wee cauld spell, time will tell eh.

Big Innes

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well the cold wind certainly had a snap to it today, went out with as many layers on as would fit.  The radar was showing snow in shower lines heading this way from Aberdeen just now so I went out and could feel something on my skin other than wind.  Couldn't see anything tho.

• Like 4

Posted

I'm still not seeing much in the forecasts to inspire confidence for my location! Latest Met forecast full of 'light', 'occasional', 'few and far between' etc. I know these things are difficult to predict but I'm expecting a chilly few days with maybe a flurry or 2 at best.

On the other hand at least they haven't issued any warnings yet - traditionally the death knell of 101's snow chances!

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all, cloudy, 3c.

I think that's the most likely outcome 101. The most encouraging excerpt from our local Met Office forecast is for tonight: further snow showers giving slight falls in places, locally moderate on higher ground. Higher parts of Dundee may sneak a cm or two but I don't see anything more than a temporary dusting near the coast/on low ground.

• Like 3

Posted

Just drove from Dundee to St Andrews. Light precipitation but it's drizzle rather than the white stuff. Uppers probably about -8 or -9 ATM which supports what we were saying earlier in the week about needing -10c or below in a long fetch easterly. Those should arrive later this morning according to the GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Radar shows some blobs swirling around that look like they're maybe heading for Orkney. I think I see the clouds responsible out in the distance to the ENE from Buckie - glowing pink just now.   I'll try willpower and breathing in deeply but I don't hold out much hope.

Posted

A few flakes swirling around here just now. That's the marginality question answered, now I just need some heavy PPN :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

1.9C when I left the house this morning. Dry but cloudy with a bit of a breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all, cloudy, 3c.

I think that's the most likely outcome 101. The most encouraging excerpt from our local Met Office forecast is for tonight: further snow showers giving slight falls in places, locally moderate on higher ground. Higher parts of Dundee may sneak a cm or two but I don't see anything more than a temporary dusting near the coast/on low ground.

Here on the West side of Dundee it is a bit cooler at 1.9C but essentially dry so far this morning.

Posted
31 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The showers/wind are coming from the SE which is why it isn't marginal for you at the moment. Sorry? :rofl: 

Sleet for Catch, sleet for Catch, sleet for Catch....... LOL

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Stay calm folks I'm still confident it's coming :fool:

Grey as a big grey grey thing here...freezing in the wind but nothing else to report 

• Like 3

Posted

Was -5c this morning under clear skies, snow cover hard as cement.

Caught the front group of the largest flock of geese I've seen flying overhead south of Cawdor. Took ages to pass over. You'll have to zoom to see as it was well beyond the limits of my phone im afraid. Lovely blue skies today but chilly indeed

image.thumb.png.90a5cca9567665e37d6e42dc59d12e8a.png

image.thumb.png.bf5e5d24ac6c5b169274501ee79def57.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Big it up to the HH1 squad 

:rofl:

Can't believe gonna potentially waste these uppers with no precip

• Like 4

Posted

You're all bastards on here today :p

Edited by 101_North