Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

The lowest was -3.7c which, considering the winter we have had in this area, has been the lowest overnight since November.  Currently sitting at -2.6c with a hard frost.

static_weathercams.php.jpe

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bucking the trend here again as it was a degree or two above freezing when I got up this morning and no sign of a frost, not even on the car windscreen. Currently a cloudy 5C in Dyce with less wind than yesterday.

Sunday looking like a corker of a day if the forecast is accurate, a cloudless 3C. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Apparently its 5C currently but I can tell you its not! Feels more like this morning when it was below zero, whats going on?!

Posted

Well another glorious winters day started at -1c and rose to 4c. Ground frosted hard in the morning with the freezing wind and now the surface is very dusty. Second day of young Mr. Northernlights taking off stones in conditions better than many March/April days .At least they"ll be off  before the snow comes in March/April.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
On 25/01/2017 at 23:05, More Snow said:

right guys and girls i know ive asked this question in here already this winter but.... its looking like we may have agreed a deal on a house on the outskirts of a village called Ballinluig near Pitlochry anybody with any info on this area from within this thread please let me know if its a good area for kids etc.. we are used to being secluded and cut off so thats no real problem... main question i guess is DOES IT SNOW MUCH??

I have a spent a fair bit of time at Pitlochry and Logierait and they can be very snowy but they are not huge sweet spots but do more than ok in the right conditions ....about 150m above sea level so bit of extra height that helps in marginal events....it is a lovely spot though and pitlochry and Dunkeld are both very nice places to have a shortish journey away from you 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A cheeky wee ice day today. Max of -0.7C and everything frozen solid all day. Stayed quite foggy, too.

Very light snaw started at half 7 this evening and has turned a bit heavier for now. Settling readily on the frozen ground. 

Slim pickings in this winter for us cauldies, but today has been a nice wee bonus before the Atlantic returns.

I guess there's always the hope of a Beasterly later on in February/March to rescue winter 2016-17. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
On 1/25/2017 at 23:05, More Snow said:

right guys and girls i know ive asked this question in here already this winter but.... its looking like we may have agreed a deal on a house on the outskirts of a village called Ballinluig near Pitlochry anybody with any info on this area from within this thread please let me know if its a good area for kids etc.. we are used to being secluded and cut off so thats no real problem... main question i guess is DOES IT SNOW MUCH??

I am from that general area. It will get a fair amount of snow but not as much as nearby areas I think due to the width and layout of the valley there. Open to the SouthWest. Dunkeld and Aberfeldy get more snow and it lasts longer due to the shade from the hills. For some reason the area from North of the jubilee bridge up to near Pitlochry does miss out just a bit. Still usually better than South of Bankfoot though. 

edit Snowing in parts of Highland Perthshire just now. Not sure about Ballinluig and can't tell from the traffic cam. [Traffic Scotland has a cam on the A9 at Ballinluig junction.]

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted

A wet, chilly morning, 2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Dreich damp drizzle 

Freezing

Total p1sh

• Like 3

Posted

The change to wetter. windier and milder weather is thankfully underway and looks to continue next week. I'm expecting delivery of a further half a dozen Canadian Tsuga trees from Holland next week so the weather change is most welcome. Currently 2c, light rain with little wind. Perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Funny how the models always get dreich, damp, drizzle correct!:rolleyes:

static_weathercams.php.jpe

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

Heavy wet snow here for most of the morning. Not even thinking about lying though. Far too wet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Snaw/wintry stuff continued overnight and has given a covering here.

Still going, though wet snaw now and a raw, dreich kind day out there. 

Currently 0.8C/1C.

IMG_20170128_122124.jpg

IMG_20170128_122142.jpg

IMG_20170128_122207.jpg

IMG_20170128_122222.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Sshhhhhh whispering in case it stops. Snowing wetly here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Eh! This mornings drench pash is noo falling as snow.

Will this come tae much?

Big Innes

Posted

It's trying it's best to lie but just not quite enough intensity to make it stick properly 

IMG_3942.PNG

Posted
6 minutes ago, ruzzi (snowboy) said:

It's trying it's best to lie but just not quite enough intensity to make it stick properly

Don't knock it! That's more than I've seen all winter so far lol

• Like 2