Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Oooops newsflash- hubby just announced its minus 3 now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-4.2C here so the run of frosty conditions continues. It did go - ve fairly early yesterday evening but then went back above freezing again later on so surprised it got so low this morning. 

Posted

Rather gloomy and misty here this morning, but showing signs of clearing.   Frost free and a slight SW breeze.  Temp 3C.

Posted

I lived in Stow for years and had to travel over that road every day to work, it's a gorgeous wee road.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, having read all of your 'stunning' morning posts, I am beginning to wonder what the east central belt has done to deserve the winter we have had!   Yet another morning to add to this week of murk!   Never thought I would wish for spring 3/4 of the way through January but I have well and truly had it with winter this year.   Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a frost and last night only got down to 1.7c here whilst many are reporting a good few degrees below.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, scottish skier said:

Utterly stunning morning here.

Winter may be over, but a lovely mist in the valleys + frost morning.

Was taking the wee yin to Stowe for a party and just wow up the back. Sadly only armed with phone which struggles in terms of focus on landscape shots. Some you have to make small to sharpen enough to look at.

Think I need to keep Mrs SS's snazy SLR thingy in my car at all times.

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

You don't need an SLR, just something whose primary function is to take pictures...  It's just marketing bollux that makes out phones can take orgasm-inducing photos with a lens and sensor the size of a fish egg.

• Like 3

Posted

Was a cracking sunny morning but last 5 minutes or so the mist and fog's creeped back in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

You don't need an SLR, just something whose primary function is to take pictures...  It's just marketing bollux that makes out phones can take orgasm-inducing photos with a lens and sensor the size of a fish egg.

Sure. Mrs SS just has a nice Cannon; really does a lot of work for you if you want it to as well. Takes cracking pics, even on high zoom if you are steady.

It's just she acts like she owns it. Which i suppose she does as it's hers... :nonono:

Posted

Lots of fog between Dundee and Glasgow but beautiful afternoon here in the Weeg. Clear blue skies and sunshine.

• Like 4

Posted

Fabulous here all day and still sunshine, although sun going down behind the hill now.

• Like 6

Posted

Just sublime weather after -1c this morning ,frosty in shade all day. With no wind have been clearing out a shed of loose straw caused by a few mice eating strings,cows really comfortable now on this very dry straw. a pleasure to be working outside. Currently 4c.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
4 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Got a couple with the nice camera when back that way. Added them to the post. Camera difference rather obvious!

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86595-scotlandalba-regional-weather-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3529302

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
4 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Well, having read all of your 'stunning' morning posts, I am beginning to wonder what the east central belt has done to deserve the winter we have had!   Yet another morning to add to this week of murk!   Never thought I would wish for spring 3/4 of the way through January but I have well and truly had it with winter this year.   Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a frost and last night only got down to 1.7c here whilst many are reporting a good few degrees below.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

A bit different up here Blitzy!

Managed an early walk with the wee Grandson while it was white frost and brilliant sunshine here till 12.15pm when the fog rolled over and has been foggy and cold since. 

Last Saturday was brilliant sunshine and a boot 4 inches o' snaw when I was towing the wee grandson and his mum a boot oan a sledge behind the quad bike.

Overcast mild and boring between these days though!!!

Big Innes

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Beautiful day here. Due to the fact the sun hits the hill here at 11am (still) then the 'high' was 0.7c (higher now but i'm referring to daytime high)

Whereas 1/2 a mile away the car was reading 4c where the sun had hit. 

Low was -3.4c 

Tbh i'm bored by this winter. Lying snow is so so difficult to get it would seem.

Roll on summer!

Posted

What's this? Chance of a flurry?! 

Regional forecast

Strathclyde

Headline:

Patchy rain or snow Sunday morning, then brightening.

This Evening and Tonight:

Clear spells during the evening with frost becoming widespread for a time, also freezing fog patches. Cloud thickening from the south with some patchy rain, with light snow on higher ground, perhaps even some lower levels by morning. Minimum Temperature -2C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Four years ago tonight I lived at 220m and was getting smashed by strong winds and drifting snow:

IMG_1766.JPGIMG_1767.JPGIMG_1768.JPGIMG_1769.JPGIMG_1770.JPG

Fantastic photos! We can dream...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Wtf just awoke to a dusting of a snow...OK it's only stuck to the grass and cars but it's white it's snow and it's a dusting....sadly it got me excited after not looking at the models for daysale thinking there must be an amazing weather turnaround but unfortunately not so much...only been about 15 posts in the MT in 20 hours says it all...gales by next weekend and not even cold in the deep reaches of FI....still hopefull we will get snowy spell in Feb but I'm always hopeful

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Beautiful day yesterday, cracking blue skies and a bit chilly with it. The sun still has a few weeks to go till it climbs high enough to reach into the dark corners of the village here. Going to drag the OH out for a wee dauner later on, get those muscles moving wi' a guid stretch o' the legs!

• Like 2

Posted

Wee dusting of icing sugar snow here, temp was sitting on zero. Birds very hungry today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

After a week of ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz... weather, awoke this morning to an unexpected light dusting of snaw. Barely there on the grass, bins, cars, etc, but grand to see. Yesterday was freezing fog all day. -0.4C/-2C and the very lightest snaw falling again. 

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.........Not a lot to say reallyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

static_weathercams.php.jpe

• Like 3