• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, GraemeB said:

Not at bloody 4am it's not!

:wallbash:

Ah!. . . maybe end May/June lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Some cracking photos @Northern Strath and plenty more on Saturday from lots of folk.

Back at the grindstone yesterday :angry: and the weather was indeed utter crap.  Cloud was skimming the rooftops and incessant drizzly psht.  Lots of snowmelt and rivers still in spate this morning although abating somewhat now.  There's an improvement today with at least some pale sunshine now.

The coast along here got a bit of a battering a few days ago - storm debris up on the coast roads and folk had the gates and doors sandbanked.  I think this was the usual winter combination of a northerly gale coinciding with the top of the spring tides.

Bloody hell there's some sore heads in here now. Is this the post-snow blues?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Cheers @Hairy Celt, as ever, the surroundings did all the hard work

Don't get too dispondent about the worrying changes to our climate people, Donald Trump is getting inaugur..... ahhh f###

To misquote Fraser on Dad's Army (at least I think it was him), 'We're all f###ed, ah tell ye, we're all f###ed!!' and he hadn't even heard of AGW. Donald Fart has but 'doesn't believe in', as if it's a fairy tale made up by his Hebridean granny. Don't get me started. :angry::wallbash:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 6

Posted
32 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Mother Nature has hit the bland button big time this week. If we're good little people we might get a frost later in the week, then we've got this to look forward to this time next week:

IMG_1749.GIFIMG_1748.GIF

Not exciting in the slightest. Will I weather watch this week? Or recite the Argos catalogue using descriptive mime? 

Summer's here.

Meh.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Mother Nature has hit the bland button big time this week. If we're good little people we might get a frost later in the week, then we've got this to look forward to this time next week:

IMG_1749.GIFIMG_1748.GIF

Not exciting in the slightest. Will I weather watch this week? Or recite the Argos catalogue using descriptive mime? 

I still have a wall to paint but I'm saving that for a rainy day. Last time I tried, the frost came and condensation made a bit of a mess of my nice brush-work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Kilties! I should really just copy my post from yesterday as there doesn't seem to be much change! Dreary, dreary, dreary!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Mild, grey and damp feeling. ZZZzzzz....

Not even looking like much, if any sun this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Lots of blue sky here and hubby is oot washing his car. I'm being ratty indoors.

• Like 1

Posted

Shirt sleeves bedding cattle this morning ,walls dripping condensation,  very humid and blue sky. Currently 10c. I gurantee a cold spring!

• Like 4

Posted
57 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Shirt sleeves bedding cattle this morning ,walls dripping condensation,  very humid and blue sky. Currently 10c. I gurantee a cold spring!

Quoting for future mirth and merriment when we enjoy the warmest spring on record .

:snowman-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
1 hour ago, GraemeB said:

Quoting for future mirth and merriment when we enjoy the warmest spring on record .

:snowman-emoji:

It does seem more likely from a "sods law" point of view that when the spring flowers start to come up - there will be a 2 week spell of -40 degree temperatures to kill everything off.

(yeah I know, slight exaggeration) 

But think how many photos you see of Daffodils poking up through the snow.

(Here is some help if you have never seen them https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=daffodils+in+snow+pictures&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie4pqiu8nRAhVqAsAKHbeFDNYQ_AUIBigB )

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully this mild nonsense is short lived else my winter tyres will be wrecked. Spring like conditions this afternoon with temperatures of 12c.

Posted
5 hours ago, Northernlights said:

3rd April 2012 077.JPG079.JPG084.JPG

• Like 5

Posted

A mild and partly sunny afternoon, temperature up to 13c. I do think sunshine makes a huge difference in this kind of set up. If you are stuck under grey and drizzly skies it's soul-sapping but if you get some blue sky and sunshine, as we've been fortunate to have yesterday and today at times, it makes all the difference.

• Like 2

Posted

I see they are sniffing an easterly in the model thread again probably the right time of year for it  as in years gone past  February was often sunny ,cold  calm and very frosty but good for working outside cutting whin bushes(gorse) and overhanging branches at the edge of fields and even taking the biggest stones off on frozen ground.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Yes @Northernlights it looks like a forecast SSW will probably come at perfect time to ensure not a back loaded winter but a spring loaded winter..... much as I love the snow I do like to get the golf clubs out again come spring and put to bed the hunt for snow until November again.....first world problem compared to farmers trying to deal with topsy-turvy seasons 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

We can all believe it when we see it with the SSW. I'm starting to think even Mother Nature doesn't know what's going to happen with the weather so how can any human expert work it out? It seems to follow that condition a, b & c should combine to give weather type d but we then end up with weather type z. It seems to happen year in year out that the experts are wrong. I don't think the experts are useless just that we're dealing with something too complex to pin down properly.

I wastrying to write something profound about forecasting but deleted it all because I know next to nothing about the subject. Apart from as a user, and knowing that usually they're wrong more than a few days out. :cc_confused:

Clearer sky here this morning and all the olduns are complaining about how cold it is.  Jeez. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well we got a surprise frost here this morning with a temp of -1.0C at 8am and the car windscreen needing scraped.

Blue skies and sunshine at the moment so much better start to the day than yesterday. Models looking rather meh.

Posted

Breezier today which has cleared the drizzle and also turned it a bit cooler but still cloudy

• Like 1