Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Finally!!

Woohoo - been very blizzardy for about an hour.

cam2.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Hubby estimates there is about an inch and a half on the kitchen roof (we can see the slope of the kitchen roof from the landing window).

Was quite fun while it lasted.

Bedtime now I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The A822 this morning. Needs a plough I think.

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

From looking at the rain radar - and outside - we got sod all from that northerly blast. Oh well hope it's the start of something for the coming months or are we going to get 6 weeks of +4 and rain to pay for having had a sprinkling of snow. :)

Posted
1 minute ago, grifter said:

From looking at the rain radar - and outside - we got sod all from that northerly blast. Oh well hope it's the start of something for the coming months or are we going to get 6 weeks of +4 and rain to pay for having had a sprinkling of snow. :)

The weather app (Weather Timeline) I use on my phone is using the DarkSky API for it's forecasts, I don't know where that data comes from (but it is generally more accurate than both the NMM and the GFS - for short term forecasts). It currently has us down for a brief mild spell and then back into the freezer. I shall await the actual conditions with interest.

Not seeing anymore -40s on the T500 ensembles though trending around -25. T850 tending around -5

Posted

PS - obviously - it's in a world of it's own - but does anyone have a chart for this ensemble which has air pressure so low it's off the graph?!

(it looks like it's either 950 or 945mb..... :shok:)

GEFS-4run-16day-baro.png

Edited by asjmcguire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Woke up and had to look outside.... wet. Mild sector in its fully glory, temp 2.6C. Most frustrating thing is that it's forecast to get back down to around freezing later and stay there until Sunday. 

• Like 5

Posted

Yeah now that we have the snow - the temperature is shooting up here and is forecast to hit about 3C before it drops back down to freezing in the afternoon.

Posted

Knew that'd happen.  All looked great until it got half way down the Grampians then this big hole appeared.  Gets by here and it fills in.  Not a flake overnight and now almost clear 

Posted

About 1cm snow at the moment. Dog awake at stupid o'clock. He's now outside rolling in it and I can't get him back in. Strong wind, not a day for jammies and wellies. Leaving the dog to it, got kettle on!

Will be a lot of drifting higher up and away from the coast. Stay safe and keep warm everyone!

Posted

Fairly rapid thaw on at the moment as temp up to 4c. Should start to drop soon. Don't care though as I've had some snow. My only regret is not seeing it fall! :oops:

EDIT: Just had the pleasure of changing my signature!

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

Remaining snow cover(70% of last nights) a bit slushy but temperature at 1c so going to very icy soon.Very windy with odd flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Nice @Hawesy can't believe you done better there than here...only about 1cm here and it's already melted off the cars....at least I seen it fall...it was a tremendous 30 mins of snow lol 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, edo said:

Nice @Hawesy can't believe you done better there than here...only about 1cm here and it's already melted off the cars....at least I seen it fall...it was a tremendous 30 mins of snow lol 

Looks like the heaviest band passed through Dundee so (for once!) I was in the right place at the right time! You can see from the Leuchars readings that it then fed through to NE Fife. http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html

• Like 1

Posted

It started as snow here!  I looked out at 2.15am and it was blowing a gale with heavy snow.  About an hour later it had turned to rain and now it's mostly all melted.  Oh well.  At least I got to drive in snow yesterday evening.

Edited by howham

Posted

Temp up to 3.5c. Looks like we might have had a snow shower overnight but it's hard to tell as it's disappearing quickly. Met Office observations locally suggest it snowed around 4am.

Couple of days of clear, cold northerly fare and then I can start looking at the charts for further disappointment potential.

Posted

Knew that'd happen.  All looked great until it got half way down the Grampians then this big hole appeared.  Gets by here and it fills in.  Not a flake overnight and now almost clear