Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
9 minutes ago, Rickoza said:

You can be guarenteed Motherwell would definetly be on that list too.........-)

Oh quit your moaning, you'll be fine. It could be worse; you could stay in central London ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
14 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

There could be a warning like that for all of Scotland and @Hairy Celt and @Hawesy would still miss out.

...and us.... don't forget us.... we'd definitely miss out. The only time we ever get anything is when a weather warning for heavy rain is issued for the West Coast - somehow that also means we will get drenched. But everything else is pretty much - even with a warning, it's going to miss us.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rickoza said:

You can be guarenteed Motherwell would definetly be on that list too.........-)

Oh quit your moaning, you'll be fine. It could be worse; you could stay in central London ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to see some of you familiar faces again after a little while since being on here. Models looking rather promising for the rest of the week I must say. Here's hoping there's no backtracking at the final hour! Anything akin to 2010 would be more than welcome in my books. Usually once Metoffice start reporting on it and the warnings come out that signals the death knell :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Think my drive to work is going to be white then :D Met office warning for snow only for Friday but Sean's weather forecast on stv seems we're due for heavy snow tomorrow night 

IMG_0001.PNG

Edited by Michael Kaii
mistake
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Forgive my skepticism but as far as snow in Glasgow is concerned I'll believe it when I see it, particularly when the direction of attack is from the north. And with the forecast temps, even if any snow does make it here I doubt there will be much to it.

I can't see this being too prolonged either. Just a wee cold snap of the kind you should expect during winter. Nice to have, but I can't see it being one to remember.

Posted
39 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You know there's potential for snow when you turn up!! Have I even spoken to you since I moved to the dark side? :D Long time no see. 

All good here sir! Yourself? And what dark side would this be? :rofl:

Posted
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

If memory serves me correctly the last time we both had snow you did quite a bit better LOL

:-) .. aye in most cases it's the opposite though and the  rule of thumb is usually -10  uppers here in an easterly. In a northerly we usually get hee-haw  unless it's a trough / front 

Numpties on the mod thread trying to compare this to 2010  - lol

Edited by JoeShmoe
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
23 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Right, here's my predictions, carefully plucked from thin air and in no particular order, of your peak snow depth in the coming few days (let's say by end of Saturday). Apologies if you're not on the list, I'm not familiar with everyone's location! 

HC 4cm (would have liked to have gone with 0cm here but just can't see it once we're in the Arctic air on Friday :D)

Northern Strath 30cm

Catch 8cm

Ravelin 12cm

101 North & Joe Schmoe 5cm

Northern Rab & NL 10cm

SW Saltire 5cm (Stirling)

Nut & Cheggers 6cm

Polar Gael 15cm

Edo & Over the Rainbow 6cm

Benvironment 15cm

Big Innes 10cm

Blitzen 8cm

Mardatha 15cm

Misty Queen 2cm

SS 12cm

Me (Hawesy) Trace (<1cm)

How wrong can I be? If the models do a u-turn for the worse overnight I'll be in hiding....:D

At home (until weekend) so 2/3 miles west of Dumfries.

However Stirling and here look similar, maybe Stirling a touch better idk. Will get friends to update me but i reckon Graeme on here will send in pics

I'm permanently jealous of Northern Strath (in winter) haha

I hope you see a cm mate! It's possible 

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted

If Catch is down for 8cm, I'm guessing I'll be around 4-6cm.

But.... I'm expecting -10cm (that's right, a snow debt) - because - we probably owe snow back after 2010.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Right, here's my predictions, carefully plucked from thin air and in no particular order, of your peak snow depth in the coming few days (let's say by end of Saturday). Apologies if you're not on the list, I'm not familiar with everyone's location! 

HC 4cm (would have liked to have gone with 0cm here but just can't see it once we're in the Arctic air on Friday :D)

Northern Strath 30cm

Catch 8cm

Ravelin 12cm

101 North & Joe Schmoe 5cm

Northern Rab & NL 10cm

SW Saltire 5cm (Stirling)

Nut & Cheggers 6cm

Polar Gael 15cm

Edo & Over the Rainbow 6cm

Benvironment 15cm

Big Innes 10cm

Blitzen 8cm

Mardatha 15cm

Misty Queen 2cm

SS 12cm

Me (Hawesy) Trace (<1cm)

How wrong can I be? If the models do a u-turn for the worse overnight I'll be in hiding....:D

*BANK*

TOORPing outreach centre ODing on prozac-laced cup cakes this evening due to ECM having taken on the GFS in a drinking session that's turned into a lock-in. Stellas (obviously) for all of Fluffyshire. 

Honestly, you'd think they'd never seen a snowflake...:whistling:

Anyway, after a wee breeze and a bit of a dusting, looks like it might turn a wee bit chilly for the next several days. Bless. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Right, here's my predictions, carefully plucked from thin air and in no particular order, of your peak snow depth in the coming few days.

SS 12cm

I'll take that. Can some be thundersnaw please?

----

SS checking in anyway; word is there be some snaw a comin.

Certainly blawy oot the now. Euro 4 looking tasty for the morn onwards .

Definitely time tae dust aff the old ramp. Been a while since its seen use.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 4

Posted

Well nature is stocking up on food, bird feeders all emptied today our own sheep doing snow dances and some blackface sheep a few miles up the road have gone on a walk about looking for greener grass. A fairly good day untill late afternoon when when it got a bit showery and the wind rose. Still windy and currently 5.9c

Cart full of turnips, silage bales next steading and extra bedding straw under cover ready for some working inside only days.

• Like 9

Posted
2 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Forgive my skepticism but as far as snow in Glasgow is concerned I'll believe it when I see it, particularly when the direction of attack is from the north. And with the forecast temps, even if any snow does make it here I doubt there will be much to it.

I can't see this being too prolonged either. Just a wee cold snap of the kind you should expect during winter. Nice to have, but I can't see it being one to remember.

Reverse psychology Glaswegianblizzard? :)

You're probably right though it hardly snows in town, better being out the urban heat islands to get snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Took the dog out for a walk in the park wind is rising but its dry and clear... would anyone know how much snow whitburn will get out of this event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Loving your work @Hawesy I would bank that all day long

Model thread out of control....could get very very messy....always worst/best in there when it's showing snow and cold for SE 

I'm still feeling good about this spell though....cold air gonna be a shock when it hits....I really hope get some blustery wintry showers....I love nothing more than  seeing flakes blowing everywhere 

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, edo said:

.I love nothing more than  seeing flakes blowing everywhere 

This is always an exciting sight..... but I wouldn't say I love it more than anything else.... I quite like money for example - probably a bit more than blizzards.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
7 minutes ago, asjmcguire said:

This is always an exciting sight..... but I wouldn't say I love it more than anything else.... I quite like money for example - probably a bit more than blizzards.

Yeah true, but if you had enough money, wouldn't oneof the things you'd spend it on be holidays in places where you could get real snow-fixes?  I always have to remind myself money is just a means to happiness, not happiness itself...  so just earning lots doesn't mean you're happy, you have to do stuff too   :mellow:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

@Hawesy I would happily bank same as @edo! Something white I can play in would be amazing! It's been sooo long!

I really hope its a white-oot for everyone in our group on one day or another over the next cold spell. Always fun when we are all twitching at our curtains and squinting at lamp posts. :friends:

Its currently quite breezy here. There was talk of it being windy later this week too is that still the case? 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You know there's potential for snow when you turn up!! Have I even spoken to you since I moved to the dark side? :D Long time no see. 

All good here sir! Yourself? And what dark side would this be? :rofl: 

The far east of southern Scotland, not sure when I spoke to you last. It's different than being out west that's for sure :) 

Posted

The far east of southern Scotland, not sure when I spoke to you last. It's different than being out west that's for sure :) 

Ah yes I remember you moved there. Kilmalcolm seems a distant memory for both of us now! I was in the borders last year so I do feel you pain (I jest)