Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Morning All 

-2 in Balmedie when got up and got colder driving into Aberdeen.  Absolutely stunning sunrise at the beach today.   Am having problems uploading pics on my phone.  Keeps saying upload failed.  Any ideas folks ? 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

Morning All 

-2 in Balmedie when got up and got colder driving into Aberdeen.  Absolutely stunning sunrise at the beach today.   Am having problems uploading pics on my phone.  Keeps saying upload failed.  Any ideas folks ? 

I think there's a filesize limit. Does this with photos I've taken on my phone as they are high res. I resize them with an app called photo resizer and they upload fine. Either that or try changing your phone camera resolution.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
1 hour ago, asjmcguire said:

....which one..... :pardon:

Only the Westminster one!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Peeps! Well, what a change in temps today! 6.3c at 7am this morning and we haven't seen a high like that for a while! Still, at least it's not raining, so we have a lot to be thankful for!

• Like 1

Posted

Has been a lovely day (bitter cold again to start though) now the fog is descending

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

So. The frost has never really lifted all day - not even where the sun has been shining. We achieved a max of 2.3C and a low (after I posted earlier) of -6.4C

As it stands our overage temperature is sitting at -2.9C (which is currently the max).

Outside it is -3.4 and dropping at 0.6C per hour.

14 stations in the league table are below 0, Peebles is at the top at -3.6 and Easter Badbea is at +11.3

• Like 1

Posted

Another baltic day up here, and another great sunset. Just need to Aurora to show itself to round this cold spell off.

WP_20161125_16_44_03_Pro.jpg

Not snow just a weeks worth of frost build up you can see in the lower half.

WP_20161125_16_38_48_Pro.jpg

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Lots of disappointment in the MOD this evening.   Not so sure that I am disappointed though.   I have always thought that cold spells holding off until around the middle of December go on to produce a longer harder winter.  Certainly something already different this year up here at least with harsh frosts and freezing temps for quite a period of time so early on.

Caught John Hammond's outlook forecast and it will be interesting to see if his double digit temp possibility comes off? 

Posted

Despite anticipating warmer temperatures it's still -3c at Glasgow Airport, which for the last week seems to be the norm whenever it's dark (which it sadly is most of the time!). The city's been looking very wintry with a large build-up of frost, even close to the centre. Gorgeous week. 

I've realised over the course of this week/month/Autumn just how much I prefer this continental-style climate that the West of Scotland has temporarily adopted, and having more than 7 hours of daylight would be the icing on the cake. I'm not sure if the climate is a good enough excuse to move again, but I should make my mind up soon before Brexit makes employment options abroad a lot more tricky...

Edited by Harve
  • Like 5

Posted

No frost this morning (except where it persists in the shade) and a grey sky for the first morning in a while. Can see the fog extending up the Forth and brighter skies over towards Fife. Not a bad start really. Around 0.5c after a low of about -1c overnight. 

A lousy photo from a lousy phone but you get the idea!

102620169028.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Temps responding to the increasing cloud cover here.  Currently 3.6c/SSW wind.

I think I need another coffee before I finish reading some of the orgasmic comments in the MOD!

090000.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

2.8C here this morning but the hard frost from previous days is hanging on in places. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Frost still lingering here, still and foggy - this Autumn a far cry from some of the others.

Models are flipping around a fair bit at present and the roller coaster of the model thread in full effect already, it's actually good to read that vs. a winter where we are staring down the barrel of default dross!

Some amazing pictures over the last few pages, grabbed around 5 or 6 desktop backgrounds already - keep them coming. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Ah the weekend again eh!

Stuck in the office all week while we had crisp winter like days, Sun shine and the trees and landscape in the shade at below 0 temps creating a scene face a Christmas caird and it would have been magical tae be oot n' a boot.

Take the youngest daughter tae her works Chritmas night oot in Stirling last night and pick her up again just after 12 midnight and the drive their and back shows some nippy _5 / _6 Deg C temps, patches o' freezing fog and villages so frosted up they looked as if they were in Alaska.

Nae work the day,  mah time is mine eh!

Whaurs mah fkn froasty winters wonderland, oh aye a CAULD front is passing through and WARMING everything up!!!

Jeez O'

Big Innes

• Like 7

Posted

Frost free here this morning too for only the second time in the last nine days. Broughty Ferry is indeed the mildest part of Dundee but compared to Crail it's positively sub-arctic ;-)

Sun is back out, 6c.

• Like 1

Posted

It's a goodbye to the perma frost we had more or less this week. Was still bitter cold at about 12 or so last night but obviously cloud's come in and lifted the really cold temperatures. What a fan dabbie dozie spell though. Probably had more frost this week than maybe a winter or 2 recently combined

• Like 2

Posted

Quite a notable variation in temperatures today (1300 readings):

Aboyne 12c

Aberdeen 11c

Leuchars 11c

Dundee Riverside 8c

Edinburgh Airport 3c

Glasgow Airport 1c

Posted
6 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Temps responding to the increasing cloud cover here.  Currently 3.6c/SSW wind.

I think I need another coffee before I finish reading some of the orgasmic comments in the MOD!

090000.jpg

Just 1? Not 20 and a bottle of Valium?

Posted
6 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's one of those spells for model watching that you're better being a model watcher watcher than a model watcher. Popcorn on standby...

Ooooo let's be really really meta and have a model watchers watchers thread!! :yahoo:

Edit:

I could create a website that I claim uses advanced machine learning, and language sentiment analysis to determine if it is "safe" to enter the model thread and responds with "YES" or "NO".....

(but really just determines if it is between October and March and always returns NO if the condition matches)

Edited by asjmcguire
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Quite a notable variation in temperatures today (1300 readings):

Aboyne 12c

Aberdeen 11c

Leuchars 11c

Dundee Riverside 8c

Edinburgh Airport 3c

Glasgow Airport 1c

1c at Glasgow airport? Was a lot warmer in Glasgow itself today !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I hate this dull boring stuff, it's dark all day and depressing.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, mardatha said:

I hate this dull boring stuff, it's dark all day and depressing.

That's what Christmas Lights are for.....

• Like 1