Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

I'm old enough to know better than to try reasoning with strangers

Sometimes though........ it just feels like the right thing to do...... even if it will be pointless and require a trip to the Aspirin cupboard when it's over......

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Visiting the 'serious' discussion area is like picking a scab for me.  I'm old enough to know better than to try reasoning with strangers by random text sequences.

But the model thread is 10x worse!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
58 minutes ago, skifreak said:

But the model thread is 10x worse!

Depends when you get to it, give it 5-6 hours between each visit and there is usually just model discussion with a post - numerous messages have been removed, reminding posters to be civil and not discuss previous winters or current weather - roughly every 2-3 pages.

It was just Monday with the "oh my god it's happening - all the models agree, it's nailed on" to "right that's it, the model was terrible, it's all gone wrong, winter is over, see you next year" flip in a very large proportion of members in the space of 6 hours, that made me go.... Right, maybe give this thread a miss for a few days.........

Edited by asjmcguire
Sunday==Monday

Posted

Just inspected weather conditions outside - frost free, no wind, a starry sky and temp 1C - quite nice! It means I can use my preferred cross country route up to the NE this morning rather than do battle with the Aberdeen traffic chaos.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 1

Posted

Frosty here in Broughty Ferry, Dundee Riverside currently reporting -3c. 

Posted

Back to a crisp and crunchy hard frost this morning. Cloudless sky with a bright fingernail moon. Nice hot cuppa and the dog is chewing a bone. Makes a change from eating slippers!

Edited by frogesque
  • Like 1

Posted

What a difference 24hrs makes! After yesterday's pish today is a beaut! -3c, frosty, still, blue sky. Repeat, repeat, repeat please!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Back to the 'healthy weather' as I like to call it.   0.6c, slight frost and clear blue skies.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 hours ago, ciel said:

Just inspected weather conditions outside - frost free, no wind, a starry sky and temp 1C - quite nice! It means I can use my preferred cross country route up to the NE this morning rather than do battle with the Aberdeen traffic chaos.

I hope you made it as it might have been rather colder inland a bit. A bright and sunny start to the day again with and overnight low of -2.7C. I was going to say it was frosty, but in reality everything was iced up. There was no way the scraper was having any effect on the car windscreen this morning so I had to resort to the use of chemicals (de-icer).

Posted
3 hours ago, Ravelin said:

I hope you made it as it might have been rather colder inland a bit. A bright and sunny start to the day again with and overnight low of -2.7C. I was going to say it was frosty, but in reality everything was iced up. There was no way the scraper was having any effect on the car windscreen this morning so I had to resort to the use of chemicals (de-icer).

Yes frosty again and it seemed to get harder as the sun rose.Fantastic blue skies now and currently 2.8c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

This has got to be one of the driest autumns I can remember. I'm only in my twenties mind but I can't remember an autumn where so many of the lower lying islands on the ness were visible. The resident herons are loving life!

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well temp has just plummeted to -0.4c. A bit breezy and wet yesterday with temps up to 5.5c, nearly tropical! Beautiful clear day today, and even though all forecasts I've looked at today say that the overnight temp will be  miniimum of 3c, I think they're wrong! Gin clear skies out there too! Braw!

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 2

Posted

Forgive the dirty window of my car, but the Ochils still have a nice white cap on.

WP_20161123_13_24_15_Pro[1].jpg

Very nice clear crisp winters day, had a good frost to remove from the car at 8am.

• Like 3

Posted

No idea what the temp is but it's cold! The frost didn't lift from places where the sun couldn't get to and as soon as it's got dark the frost has already formed on the cars again. Going to be cold cold cold!

Posted
7 hours ago, Ravelin said:

I hope you made it as it might have been rather colder inland a bit.

I did, with some minor difficulty!  The Cairn O' Mount was like glass with just a few scatterings of sand on the steepest slipperiest bits. I did wonder why I only met a couple of vehicles traveling in the opposite direction. :shok:  Temp dropped to -2C on the Cairn but to -4C at Banchory. Otherwise, well treated roads and a fine sunny day - sub zero now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Oops..... TOORPING alert in the MOD.   Looks like the newly updated(?) ECM is out of favour!  (already):rolleyes:

Welcome to winter guys!!!!

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 7

Posted

Just had a visit from  part-time neighbours up from Edinburgh today asking to borrow a dehumidifier. They have had a burst pipe in the loft. Their house was wrecked in 2010 ( four inches of ice at ground floor level preventing them from entering, collapsed ceilings etc) and subsequently was totally reconstructed. But apparently there are two unsealed air vents in the loft?? which have caused the problem again although they do have  that thing that controls the heating by phone, and they use it when not living here, they say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Trundled back home this evening... no dramas, the A96 is well gritted.  Interestingly, Munlochy again was the coldest place, although not by much. The worst place was Elgin train station carpark - some strange treatment had turned it into a skating rink, but pavements, platforms, etc., were all fine. Very odd.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Morning, brrr. -5 according to the car when dropping OH to station this morning. Mr frost must be knackered as everything is sparkling and glittering. Think it'll be a beautiful day.

• Like 5