Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.  2.8c/2.5c/SW/ steady light rain.   Quite miserable really.   Enjoyed watching heavy sleet slide down the windows last night tho'.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Didn't quite get below zero here last night but a light frost on the grass and cars all the same. Temp was sat at 2.2C when I left the house. Mixture of cloud and sunny spells and light winds again.

Not forecast to climb above 5C here from now until next Wed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Lowest temp last night was 1.7c, currently hovering around the 3.6 mark. Doesn't feel quite so chilly as yesterday but that is probably due to the lack of wind. Which is fine. I'd rather have calm and cool any day! Just a wee white dusting on the hills today, every forecast I look at differs over the weekend apart from one thing....cauld! One says we will have snaw, another says it will be rain. So that means it'll probably be hail and sleet. Meh!

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday's snow showers were heavy at times but struggled to settle much. Some further showers this morning resulting in a mere dusting but the surrounding hills have a decent enough cover and things look bonnie

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yesterdays wind resulted in a windchill of -5 so its welcome that it's a bit more calm today. Currently sitting around 0.5c (No balaclava needed so I don't look like a burglar or heilans special forces today) Here and many glens could well drop to below minus -6.5c for the first time this season over the next few days, so still looking in good shape as winter approaches 

• Like 9

Posted

Pretty miserable here earlier with a temp of around 3c and heavy sleety pish. Not expecting much here later as we're too far east I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few wet show showers though. Met warning keeps me out of the yellow area which isn't ever a bad thing :-)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Pretty miserable here earlier with a temp of around 3c and heavy sleety pish. Not expecting much here later as we're too far east I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few wet show showers though. Met warning keeps me out of the yellow area which isn't ever a bad thing :-)

Joy, just checked the Met site and I will be driving through most of the yellow swathe later today!!!

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Joy, just checked the Met site and I will be driving through most of the yellow swathe later today!!!

Me too! don't be middle Lane hogging :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Snow has arrived in East Kilbride - not settling currently though. 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Me too! don't be middle Lane hogging :)

Don't get me started on that...... 

Should be on 74 around 7pm tonight, so Johnstonbridge North could be a giggle. Actually the A66 could be fun too.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Don't get me started on that...... 

Should be on 74 around 7pm tonight, so Johnstonbridge North could be a giggle. Actually the A66 could be fun too.

Yep, twice a week I encounter the middle Lane hoggers on an emptyish M74. Rather annoying! 

I'll be A69 then 74 but probably be going over Johnston bidge from about 6... will post here if I'm stuck in traffic  but doubtful at that time :)

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted

Better day no wind ,snow level down to around a thousand feet on the surrounding hills Last of cows and calves in for winter this morning nearly got trampled by them as they raced in.Definitely knew where they were going. Currently 3.5c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Better day no wind ,snow level down to around a thousand feet on the surrounding hills Last of cows and calves in for winter this morning nearly got trampled by them as they raced in.Definitely knew where they were going. Currently 3.5c

Running cows scare the **** out of me - I look for the nearest jumpable fence!  I think I must have been conditioned as a child :cc_confused:

Anyway, it's good to see the Sutherland hills white again, over the firth.  Plenty of geese overhead this afternoon too, counted over a thousand in the last hour. 

Winter tyres fitted last week - possibly just in time. (Although I got completely stuck in thick fresh snow in the Alps last month, but that's another story...:shok:)

Aha... I now remember my granny telling us that she was tossed over a wall by a cow (possibly a bull) when she was expecting my mum....

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Temp has plummeted to 1.6c and the snow icon has appeared on my weather station. We'll see! Skies clearing and snow level on the hills is a lot lower than this morning, we have had a good bit of sleet and hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Had a few very heavy showers today, especially this morning. Showers are now mostly of sleet, but the last was of snow so here's hoping for the second bout of the season and its only mid-November!! :cold:

Posted

Looks like a bit of a sleety emphisus about the showers here now. Amazing that this is the 2nd really cold spell in about 2 weeks into November. Almost a struggle to get any cold spells during some winters recently. Had to wait to April for them

• Like 3

Posted

well that was an interesting drive over the A66, survived a white out,and glad I am not heading eastbound. About 8 miles of stuck traffic. Now to hit M6 and M74.

• Like 4

Posted
41 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

well that was an interesting drive over the A66, survived a white out,and glad I am not heading eastbound. About 8 miles of stuck traffic. Now to hit M6 and M74.

I've made it over , 1 heavy burst of snow but not settling at that time. bigger snow flakes as I drove through east Kilbride and then A726 up to the M77. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cars with frosted windscreens right by the shore near Buckie a couple of hours ago - that's the first there for the season. Funnily, forecast temps today didn't suggest a frost.

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Cars with frosted windscreens right by the shore near Buckie a couple of hours ago - that's the first there for the season. Funnily, forecast temps today didn't suggest a frost.

Yes mud and puddles starting to freeze just put car in garage to keep frost off ,currently -1c

Posted
2 hours ago, Ross B said:

I've made it over , 1 heavy burst of snow but not settling at that time. bigger snow flakes as I drove through east Kilbride and then A726 up to the M77. 

I made it as well just. Was starting to get heavy from Abingdon to East Kilbride, settling in outside lane just before Happenden services.

sleety mush falling as I got home about 30 min ago. Going to hit the red in the wine rack now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Forecast low for tonight was -1C, current temp outside... - 3.8C :cold: