spot the subtle difference:wallbash:

Earlier today...

image.png

and the noo....

image.png

Grrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

lol and so it begins....early in the season for the annual marginal trauma....a few surprises for some and no doubt usual rubbish for many....

listening to radio tay earlier whilst in car with the 6 yr old they read out the snow warning and she is now convinced we are getting snow....I explained we would probably see none but this was not registering... #hyper

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 hours ago, DR(S)NO said:

Bbc Weather....

spot the subtle difference:wallbash:

Earlier today...

image.png

and the noo....

image.png

Grrrrr

Your battery has dropped significantly ;)?

Good luck for later today, will be popping in to see your posts as the day unfolds and hopefully some white stuff for the lucky few!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Just dropped the OH to the station, currently 0 here in Falkirk according to the car. Our snow forecast has turned into heavy rain so not expecting to need the snow shovels any time soon.

Screenshot_2016-11-08-06-13-51.png

Posted

Snow symbols replaced by rain symbols. The phrase 'significant snowfall' replaced by 'slight accumulations in places'. A Euro4 showing widespread snow replaced by one showing a patchy highest ground only affair...

...typical Central Belt 'frontal' snowfall event really :D

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

As long as the highest ground is MEEE then I'll be happy :reindeer-emoji: Currently minus 1.1 here.

• Like 4

Posted

-2c at the hoose and had a light snow shower as I was leaving. Ach this all looks a bit limp and we're on the fringes of said limp-ness here but fingers crossed for those better placed and it gives a nice distraction to the US election/apocalypse watching later

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Last year we got excited so many times and it never happened, all the snow last year was in the west and up north so I'll believe it when it melts on my nose. Got new Polish neighbours moving into the village today - at least they won't be like the usual newcomers, they'll be able to handle 2" of snow lol.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Crisp clear cold morning for an ageing beach bum.  The cloud bank in the west was glowing pink earlier although I won't take that as a sign of.... much.

The birds are all enjoying the sun this morning - I wonder if there are Waxwings here too...  I remember a few winters ago there was a flock of about 50 that occupied and stripped a big rowan in a day, right opposite our kitchen window.  That was quite a sight!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It does seem that the snow forecast has been significantly downgraded overnight. I wasn't holding out much hope for here anyway. As an illustration, it was -1C when I left the house to drive to work this morning and just out of the village I went through a shower of rain. Obviously just a surface pool of cold air and warmer higher up.

Overnight low was -2.5C, colder than I expected, resulting in car window scraping. Otherwise it's bright, light winds, intermittently sunny, but with a few showers around.

Posted
12 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

White stuff.

IMG-20161108-WA0000.jpeg

Has someone been picking the bits off their Paris Bun?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.   Only got down to 2.7c overnight as we kept a thin blanket of cloud.   Still grey here and up to 4.1c.

aircam_thumb.php.jpe

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Last night was not as cold as I that was going to be. A couple of days ago -2 was predicted for last night, but it was much cloudier than forecast and so only dropped to 0.7C. And now looking at the forecast today, the max according to the BBC is 5C for here when yesterday it was showing 3C. So I think last night not be as cold across some central areas will mean less surface cold than thought and with uppers not looking that great, I think it's doubtful that sea level will see any snow. 

Having said that, Carol Kirkwood kept saying this morning that after rain turns to snow on high ground this afternoon, tonight the rain "will" turn to snow at lower levels in the central lowlands with the western side if the central belt seeing the most. So who knows, but Grangemouth and Falkirk are usually the last place on the list for snow in marginal situations, and with the temperature slightly higher than was originally forecast, I think I'll be lucky to see sleet.

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Good morning all  a very early start to the will it won't it snow season for my neck of the woods.

Met office warnings check vantage vue snow symbol showing check winter gang back in the regional check .here we go new season stats met office hyperbole 0 actual snow 0 

Currently 2.1c from a low of -2.9 this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Has someone been picking the bits off their Paris Bun?

Beggars can't be choosers!

Posted
11 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Beggars can't be choosers!

Certainly more than I'm likely to see anytime soon :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Don't know if any of you use the wee built in weather app with the iPhone, but it's changed its forecast three times in as many hours. From snow being predicted away back at 23:00 it brought it forward to 16:00 after only an hour of rain, then changing again to 17:00. Might be a mucky commute home for some if nothing else.

Temps seem a little high so I'd be surprised to see much accumulating.

Posted
1 minute ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The front is making better progress than the Euro4 was thinking...the usual tease then it'll stall anyway :rofl: 

But is it SNOW or NO??

Posted
16 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I'm waiting for my Dad to give me an update from right under the front of the front :) 

Light rain at 4C in Buckie now.

Posted

Grey, calm and cold here in the wilds of Denny.

Radar suggest the front should be hitting the Weeg shortly.

On another note, as it's been a few years please check out my weather page on link and if you require anything new adding please message me. I am aware a few links no longer work, will update them before winter sets in.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 1

Posted

On the coast at Prestwick. Radar shows precip but I see nothing.

Edit - Now some very light rain.

Edited by Kayemill