Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here

old thread here ------> 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

A nice fresh thread for the snowier part of the year. Looking forward to it! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Minging cold rain in Buckie. Some hardy folk out with fireworks all the same. (Wish someone would put a rocket up the English gutter press :bad:.)

• Like 6

Posted

In a pub in Aviemore but an antisocial glance at the cameras from here to Daviot shows things are nice and white, happy days, Slànte mhath to a fruitful Scottish winter thread 

• Like 7

Posted
26 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I don't know about it being fruitful with snow, at the moment all I'm getting are memories of west coast winters with rain and rain featuring strongly. After the downpours on Friday night it's looking like a wet day in some parts here today. There's been some wet snow over higher ground (did you sleep through it @scottish skier and @mardatha?) but some lucky punters in the hills are going to get 50mm of rain today. Met-Office all over it like a rash? 

IMG_1295.GIF

Rinse and repeat for here at least. Still some slightly slushy cores to a few of the drops in heavier bursts, otherwise just horizontal cold rain.

Posted

Here's to a great winter folks :)

Nice morning here. Bit breezy and chilly but bright and plenty of blue sky. 

Fingers crossed for some exciting model watching and snow reports over the next 5 months or so!

• Like 5

Posted

Haha oh dear I thought that was a canal picture at first @CatchMyDrift 

Aye, a dreich and 3C Sunday it is then (it's currently peeing down) at least the leaves have had a wee clear up. Plenty fun lies ahead 

I see Highland Weather is ramping up for winter @Polar Maritime:D posting this old nugget from 78, it's the old A9 between here and Carrbridge I believe

image.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It is so NS, The good old days!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all and a pleasant one it is too here in Broughty Ferry with blue skies and sunshine. We only caught a couple of light showers yesterday, a world away from what Catch is enduring.

Posted

Very heavy hail shower here and a couple of miles inland there was about two inches of hail which made the roads very slippy. Planning to take in cows and calves in on Tuesday when pneumonia vaccine arrives for calves as it does not look like warming up much and Tuesday night could be nasty. Getting very muddy too now.Roll on the frost to dry it up a bit Currently blue skies and 5.5c.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Wow. I'm in the slightly unusual position to say that Glasgow seems to have the most pleasant weather today. A nice crisp breezy Autumn day. 

Pretty much all the leaves are down without a big hoolie passing through as well. Another very unusual aspect to this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Another wintry shower rolling in off the Firth at sunset.PB060222.JPG Cold now at 3c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
4 hours ago, 101_North said:

First wintry symbols of the season on the Met 5-day :)

Screenshot_2016-11-06-16-19-08.png

Two snowflakes for Falkirk according to new met office app (which I really, really hate by the way).

Screenshot_2016-11-06-20-37-55.png

Posted
1 hour ago, snowidea said:

Two snowflakes for Falkirk according to new met office app (which I really, really hate by the way).

Yep! It's awful. If you're on Android check out Weather Forecast: UK by Onjara Software. Met Office data, forecasts and maps but packaged in a simple, useable, no frills app. Used for my screen capture. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, snowidea said:

Screenshot_2016-11-06-20-37-55.png

Must admit, I also cant stand it! Small symbols and its all a mess, much preferred the old one with nice large numbers and symbols with the dark background.

They may of added a video forecast but what happened to the warning maps and also all the other parameters that came with the map as well as rainfall?

I'm still using the old one which apparently will stop working soon.

Sorry for the rant but nice to see I'm not the only one that hates it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

great tip 101 that's a very pleasing app.....

fantastic weekend here...nippy air in the wind but kids been outside playing and I got a final cut of the grass...first year I've managed that for a while 

mt gone quiet but signals all still looking decent for potential decent weather....I would settle for 3 decent lying snow events lasting a few days each....heck I'd settle for just getting the sledge oot

Posted

Cracking meto text forecast for Strathclyde to go with it... won't be here to see it if anything does happen here. 

Tuesday:

A widespread frost at first, then outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow pushing in from the west. Significant snowfall possible by the end of the day, particularly higher areas. Cold. Maximum Temperature 4 °C

• Like 3

Posted

As Catch and Ross B have just said - the forecast has taken a serious leap into mongoose territory!

Lamp post watching 2nd week in Nov? Guaranteed total non-event here as usual in these setups, regardless of time of year, but great to be seeing forecasts like this and talking possibilities so early :)

Screenshot_2016-11-07-06-59-32.png

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

Image here is of the beach near Buckie on Saturday afternoon.  Looks a bit rough but doesn't compare to what D Attenborough was showing last night!

Still got hail showers here this morning although the wind's backed off a good bit.

waves.jpg

(spoke too soon - foul again now - more wintry showers swarming in...)

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!

Good morning from North Lewis. Just had a few days of bitterly cold NEly winds bringing wintry showers to our shores. the story so far is exceptionaly dry and sunny october. I suspect that this will give way to a slightly more unsettled November. But much to get excited as we head into winter. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it was quite a mixed weekend in the NE, a bit of sun but plenty of heavy showers in a blustery wind, especially on Saturday. Temps generally in the mid single figures and not dropping much overnight. Definitely some solid aspects to the rain at times, wet sleet and hail, but nothing 'white'.

Looks like we'll be too far East for the fun on Tuesday but it's going to be prime traffic cam watching time.