IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
4 hours ago, sausage said:

tell by the lack of posts how sour it is and after an upgrade on the gfs 6z too but no doubt that will back track too. winter just isnt worth getting excites about anymore in this country :(

Nope us Yorkshire folk have never posted very much. I think this has always been the least posted thread.

Still looking good for those in the south of the region however as we all from last time the unexpected can happen. What was it six hours out and the forecast totally wrong as unexpected Snow broke out.

• Like 1

Posted

There used to be loads of posters.  Around the 2010 period. Anyone remeber the Storm Force Lewis days he was on a mad one, I remember Yeti from Harrogate as well,  the Yorkshire thread was buzzing from 2009 to 2013.

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Cheese Rice said:

There used to be loads of posters.  Around the 2010 period. Anyone remeber the Storm Force Lewis days he was on a mad one, I remember Yeti from Harrogate as well,  the Yorkshire thread was buzzing from 2009 to 2013.

Totally agree mate. Was mental on this thread. Just shows how good those years were with all the snow events 

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone remeber @grab my graupel and @Thundery wintry showers used to post. There was loads of posters all gone sadly. 

Then again I barely post anymore. 

Posted
53 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Does anyone remeber @grab my graupel and @Thundery wintry showers used to post. There was loads of posters all gone sadly. 

Thundery wintry showers was down in the south west for a while, as was I. Back up in Co Durham after 3 years in Abu Dhabi. Loving the cold weather again 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
52 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

No idea what happened to Brian (grab my gaupel), I fear the worst as I know he had some health problems.

Thundery Wintry Showers moved down to Devon I believe.

Storm Force Lewis was the young lad from Hull I think who had a fallout with Paul and started his own weather site.

During 2009-2013 we had regular snowfalls across the county, we went through 10 pages over the small snow event from December 10th earlier in the month so goes to show there's still plenty of posters but lack of interesting weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Local forecast has removed snow for us again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Cheese Rice said:

Yeah. We got loads of snow events in 2013, Jan and March especially. No wonder the Yorkshire thread was very active then. I remember all the excitement. 

Feels boring now though. We've had snow events since but none of them have been very good or long-lasting. 2017 certainly has been a dull year for weather in this part of the world.

Edited by cheese

Posted

I feel your pain guys- right on the west yorks border here in saddleworth- this place used to get hammered in the late70's/80s..

Nowadays with east winds virtually extinct we are hoping for NWlys- and they rarely deliver due to the irish bath.

In short- its a bleak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Merry Christmas everyone ! :)  Hope youve all had a nice day. :santa-emoji:

A frustrating forecast for tomorrow night again. BBC had snow and sleet symbols for Sheffield earlier on this morning for Tues night but theyve now gone. It will probably go south again like last time, boo!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

Gas 18z out on its own taking the precipitation further north. Sheffield and South Yorks to be be in the firing line but somehow I've a feeling that all other models will probably be right and hfs wrong again rather like the previous event.

Tell me not to get excited! 

Sheffield 150m asl

Edited by farmans

Posted

Local forecast again poor GFS still bringing us into it to me the track of the low is the same on gfs and ecm. So I guess its still 50/50 as the local forecast was the winner most of last summer

Posted

Looking at the latest EURO4 we have a good chance now of seeing the front. My worry is if its not heavy enough we could well see rain as the snow signal isn't very strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Some interesting charts just posted in the Midlands thread, showing a move north of the main precip band, and therefore Yorkshire more in the firing line.  Absolutely no guarantees, but worth watching...

Edited by SouthYorks
Spelling

Posted
33 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Looking at the latest EURO4 we have a good chance now of seeing the front. My worry is if its not heavy enough we could well see rain as the snow signal isn't very strong.

No evaporative cooling for us further north,probably sleet/drizzle.

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

No evaporative cooling for us further north,probably sleet/drizzle.

The front is already a fair bit further north than expected so we'll see.

Posted
Just now, Cheese Rice said:

The front is already a fair bit further north than expected so we'll see.

Hope so cheese- would be nice for south/west yorkshire to get in on the act!! (ive kind of got a foot in the west yorks camp). :)

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow back on our local forecast. This forecast has changed more times that the met office 30 day outlook.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like an upgrade to me and she stated it could reach north Yorkshire if it moves another 30-40miles north.

Fingers crossed we deserve this after last time

20171226_131701.thumb.png.c3297222df16561cfb06b64267e6319a.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Spending the first part of tomororw here on the coast so I doubt we will get snow here. Should be heading inland to Leeds later on though so hopefully will see some laying snow. 

Posted

I'm in West Leeds 160m asl. I'm visiting from Kent. Really hoping that West Yorkshire gets in on this because Kent is never involved in these types of events. 

What we thinking?