Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Little bit of precip coming down which seems to be sleet/snow to my surprise โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

Some nice reports coming from the north west thread ! Hopefully the bbc will be right for us this afternoonย 

• Like 1

Reports of snow in Manchester City centre, plenty on the radar, just need it to survive its journey over those hillsย 

Sleet in Bingley although reports if snow further west.

4 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

Pennine snow shield doing its job so far.

Yep it's doing a brilliant job ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Yep it's doing a brilliant job ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

The sky looks murky across Sheffield city centre so far.ย 

Liking the look of friday on the meto forecast for my location. If i see anything today its a bonus as not expecting anything ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

This is the last week for my snow hunting, this winter looked promising early on but im not so optimistic now, looking forward to some spring warmth and then long summer nights ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿคž for all in our region to at least see some snow this week!ย 

Turning to snow now (I'm up at 200 metres asl at the moment).

Edited by ukpaul
  • Like 2

Heavy snow now, but that rain earlier combined with temp around 1.5C means its only settling on grass.

Light rain here at the moment.

We have rain now so at atleast the pennine shield had dropped hopefully. Now just need snow lol.ย 

• Like 1

Heavy snow here too. Also not settling owing to above freezing temperatures. Would need a cool down of a degree or so.

Still sleet here, although there seems to be more snow in the mix in the last half hour or so.

24 minutes ago, snow*please said:

Liking the look of friday on the meto forecast for my location. If i see anything today its a bonus as not expecting anything ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

This is the last week for my snow hunting, this winter looked promising early on but im not so optimistic now, looking forward to some spring warmth and then long summer nights ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿคž for all in our region to at least see some snow this week!ย 

Ha ha I'm sure you won't be back in February or March if we get a right dumping!ย ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

We need the intensity to maintain this side of the Pennines to keep us in the game for settling snow later on.ย  If it stays light it will be sleety rubbish.....

The Pennines rain shadow looks to be in full effect at the moment though with that large area of light precipitation stretching from Leeds down to Sheffield;

Screenshot_20190129-124611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1

Some big flakes now. Think there's still some rain in with though, and nothing settling.

That light rubbish was around this morning. It's from the initial trough.

The heavier precipitation is moving east so i am optimistic and places in the north west were suggesting it took about an hour.

I have messaged the parents on higher ground to text me when it turns there. If we get a dusting i will instruct mother to break out the ruler for me.๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

Cat and Fiddle web cam looks alright

The valley also known to some on here as the Otley Gap is actually allowing precipitation to filter though over North Leeds.ย 

I'm in London but family are reporting snow, our house is actually a little north of the red dot so staying in the heavier echoes.ย 

2019-01-29-12-51-45-292.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheese Rice said:

The valley also known to some on here as the Otley Gap is actually allowing precipitation to filter though over North Leeds.ย 

I'm in London but family are reporting snow, our house is actually a little north of the red dot so staying in the heavier echoes.ย 

2019-01-29-12-51-45-292.jpg

Height?

16 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Ha ha I'm sure you won't be back in February or March if we get a right dumping!ย ย 

ย Oh i will deffo be back in here if we happen to get a dumping, thats for sure, im just getting tired of thr chase at the mo ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1

According to the radar the light blues fade but the pennines are not stopping darker blues. Reports from bradford in the next hour should be intetesting.

Just now, summer blizzard said:

According to the radar the light blues fade but the pennines are not stopping darker blues. Reports from bradford in the next hour should be intetesting.

It's in my location on the left but they are about 200m.

A nice chunk of green echoes over North Leeds currently.ย