Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Hmmm, not liking the look of ICON 18z for Thursday.  Takes us completely out of the snowzone!  Makes those snow depth charts for Wales and North West look even more ridiculous now.  Hopefully we will see it flip back North again.

Still a chance we will see something tomorrow though and plenty time for change 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, boyzie said:

Just started Snowing here in East Morton.  Small flakes at the moment.

Precip seems to be losing intensity, so may not make it to South Yorkshire and if it does then it’s likely to be very light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showers can't even make it past Bradford so I'm not hopeful at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met office just updated warning for West Yorkshire for tomorrow and shows rain turning to snow from 12pm untill 11pm at night.

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Met office just updated warning for West Yorkshire for tomorrow and shows rain turning to snow from 12pm untill 11pm at night.

I got alerted to an update but I can't see any difference to the warning issued this morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

I got alerted to an update but I can't see any difference to the warning issued this morning?

Think the symbols now show snow for longer could be wrong tho! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

I got alerted to an update but I can't see any difference to the warning issued this morning?

Defo new one issued.  New warning area runs up from west yorkshire/East Lancashire up to Scotland

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

pub run has ppn further North ecm icon has it more to the south.

gfs-2-66.webp

Yep GFS still has the precip getting to Yorkshire but with less intensity than previously modelled

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you should never trust apps ! But Met office app says small chance of Snow if very little.While the Bbc says heavy snow for this afternoon for a fair few hours ! 

Looks a case of see what happens today the band looks to be coming in faster than predicted. 

Edited by Love Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Precip looks to be racing across.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Snow said:

I know you should never trust apps ! But Met office app says small chance of Snow if very little.While the Bbc says heavy snow for this afternoon for a fair few hours ! 

Looks a case of see what happens today the band looks to be coming in faster than predicted. 

 

1 hour ago, joggs said:

Precip looks to be racing across.

It's about as forecast guys (though seems to be further north than i thought), the band is already pretty coherent before it gets here which is why the rain shadow looked strange. 

Could still be right of course.

At any rate, intensity does not look an issue. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennineswill do well and maybe a little back edge snow for some.....

Just hope we can get some streamers going with the snow showers after.

Thursday into fri atm looks a bust for most so need to seea northern correction.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought would have been here by now, but it is really hard to judge its progression SE via the radar.

Had 1cm of snow last night, all from that heavy shower that started at 21:30

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm snow is falling from the sky! earlier than scheduled!  🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Can confirm snow is falling from the sky! earlier than scheduled!  🙂 

Where are you lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few flakes blowing around in the breeze so far. Don’t think today will amount to very much maybe a few cms for the higher parts of our region. The more concerning think is Thursday now looks a complete bust. With the main band now down over the midlands. And as we have seen before once these low correct south it’s very rare they move back north. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, terrier said:

Few flakes blowing around in the breeze so far. Don’t think today will amount to very much maybe a few cms for the higher parts of our region. The more concerning think is Thursday now looks a complete bust. With the main band now down over the midlands. And as we have seen before once these low correct south it’s very rare they move back north. 

I wouldn't write Thursday off yet. The ECM has actually moved it north overnight. The GFS and Netweather's own model have it reaching us too. Not so good on UKMO and ICON. probably won't know till the day.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Thursday will be a case of on the day hard to write something off with the models all over the place ! Hopefully get something later tonight once the flow comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ICON has it further north for thursday so back in the game! 🙂 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So whats the chances for me today in Farnley, Leeds?. Really hoping for something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radar suggests it should be snowing lightly here... It ain't. Bit of drizzle (definitely drizzle not snizzle) and pretty icy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...