Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
51 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Hard to tell if its the cold hunt thread of the south regional thread at the moment! ...... so confusing for newbies 

I agree. Really appreciate those who are able to decipher what's going on and feedback to this group.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 hours ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Hard to tell if its the cold hunt thread of the south regional thread at the moment! ...... so confusing for newbies 

Annoying isn't it. Really grates me tbh but don't stop me going in there lol. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

All eyes on Tomorrow and will the showers turn to Snow? Unlikely away from the North Yorks moors and peak district but you never know. Main feature the winds me thinks. Glad I've got a new backdoor as the kitchen wood be getting flooded. The main feature tomorrow is the wind which may cause damage and some good seas to watch down the coast.  Then nothing much in pipeline away from the peak district and moors until Thursday which maybe the first Snow event of the winter. This all depends on the track of the low. This could the last real shot of some organized snow for a while if the trend to milder conditions continues.

Local forecast has back tracked from Heavy snow from this morning. So who knows it maybe another bust.

• Thanks 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Very quiet in here thoughts on next week?? 

I summed it up earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 hours ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Happens every year unfortunately. Model thread is tedious.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

Thursday looks interesting but no getting carried away just yet seen this fail so many times.

Posted

Minus 0.3 wind chill here and it’s 2.0c outside interesting how much the Temperatures been so up and down this Month on a Morning. Friday Morning was 9.c at this time for example. 

Posted

2C the low today which is still above average. Anyways today looks a bust so it's over to the wind. Not bad at the moment though.

Over to Thursday into Friday. Snow or bust again ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
9 hours ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Very quiet in here thoughts on next week?? 

Impossible to pin any detail on this week IMO.  It will be cold, windy and unsettled with the possibility of some snow most likely in the form of showers.

There is the possibility of some more persistent snow from the low pushing through later on Thursday depending on its track so dare I say it the most 'wintry' week of Winter so far (not that that is saying much!)  

Still confident we should see some height rises to our North in early February though so who knows we may even get a fabled Easterly before Winter is out!  

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Chris Fawkes‏ @_chrisfawkes 5m5 minutes ago

Some #snow still looks likely Tue 29th/Wed 30th from low to south of UK but also from troughs coming from northwest. Snow amounts sensitive to low track (could change a bit) therefore balance between rain & snow. Some disruption possible

wix.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

This is the Meto outlook for Yorkshire days 3 to 5.  Not often you see them admit high uncertainty at such short range.....

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Relatively high uncertainty for the period. Remaining cold throughout, with severe overnight frosts. Probably mostly fine Tuesday and Wednesday, perhaps with overnight snow. Potentially unsettled Thursday with more widespread snow. Updated: 00:38 on Sun 27 Jan 2019 GMT

It shows even the experts are struggling to pin down the detail for this week but interestingly no mention of the dreaded rain, sleet or wintry showers.....or even worse snow on the hills.....yet!

So a positive outlook at face value as things stand for this week (the best so far this Winter) if you are of a cold and snowy persuasion.

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
13 hours ago, ChezWeather said:

Plenty of talk about a channel low, are we likely to benefit at all from this?

Very Likely it’s all about the track it takes, Too far south (South France for example) may only bring the tips of the south into the mix if at all, Too far north the question will be does it pull down the cold enough uppers so could be to marginal and only offer accumulations on higher routes and the southerners will be throwing the toys out, But if it tracks the channel as shown on many runs even a few miles north or south put our region well into the mix for seeing snow for Tuesday into Wednesday how much will be down to the day and the exact track then I think it will be followed by snow showers for some then the potential of another low coming through on Thursday which in my opinion could be the more significant event that us coldies are hoping for especially if we already have some lying snow from the previous 36 hours. Exciting times to be watching models hoping and praying that everything falls into line but we all know the smallest changes in the atmosphere can have big impacts down here.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
2 hours ago, The PIT said:

2C the low today which is still above average. Anyways today looks a bust so it's over to the wind. Not bad at the moment though.

Over to Thursday into Friday. Snow or bust again ?

Looks that way will most likely be bust so not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Personally I reckon Thursday won't happen, or won't be any significance.

Monday night / Tuesday even though it is going low it seems that it has a secondary front to its north which will affect us. Its on the Fax charts as well, so Met Office seems to think it will happen. Will only bring a few cm's of snow but given the way snow is in the UK you can't really predict it until 24 hours out, so is a wait and see. Guess we will have an idea from tonight's 0z runs.

Posted
5 minutes ago, sausage said:

why so quiet on here. i thought the 12zgfs looked for us!!

I think because most are brainwashed by the main cold/model threads constant harping on about the chance of snow in south east and southern england.. Making it seem like there the only areas at risk of snow.

The way I see it we have a chance of snow tuesday night into wednesday, non disruptive but would be nice to get a bit of a covering. 

Our main chance comes thursday night into friday I believe with potentially disruptive snow for us guys. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Interesting BBC Countryfile forecast for the week ahead for our region.  More was made of the event for Tuesday than is apparent on the 12z models.  And yet, the event for Thursday into Friday was barely mentioned with the precipitation shown only over Cornwall! . Will be interesting to compare come the end of the week.

Posted

Tuesday not looking to great for us at the moment, plenty of time for adjustments of course but the precip charts currently show the main snowfall either West or South East of us