Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

whiteout here at the moment, true blizzard! The wind is very strong

As PIT says though, its all melting, which is a shame, this intensity should be buidling up quickly but the showers are blown through too fast at the moment

Posted

Reversing the radar seems to show anything entering land from Bridlington hits my area of West Yorkshire.  With that in mind we have some intense showers heading our way in the next hour or so. Finally!.

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, K9 said:

Poor show here in West Yorkshire ? Despite all the hype of yesterday ..decent wind blowing mind you but that is all..can't see anything on the radar worth getting hopes up about..?

It’s not hype ..... it’s a forecast... not a crystal ball

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,wind, heat and thunderstorms

Strange the Met haven't updated amber warning t cover rest of Yorkshire e.g north, looks like the whole county will get a pasting overnight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

BBC says no snow at all between 4pm and 11pm. Met Office says heavy snow between 4pm and 11pm. 

Who will win? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
2 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

BBC says no snow at all between 4pm and 11pm. Met Office says heavy snow between 4pm and 11pm. 

Who will win? 

If your going on apps these are terrible they’ll change minute by minute. However the Met app is by far better that the BBCs, last Beast I got around 16” in three days on my location I think the BBC app showed a couple of light snow showers throughout those three days it’s absolutely Useless so I think it’s safe to say if your going on the Apps the Met will be the closest however it’s still not a given. ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Last shower was half decent so managed a decent covering, suns out now though!

snow1703.thumb.jpg.829916924871537d580d8ae39d46a0dd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

@vizzy2004 your location is right on my streamer line what you get I get with the current wind direction. Good to see heavy showers inbound thanks for the Photo.:drinks:

• Like 1

Posted

If all people are gonna do is moan then take it to the moaning thread! 

not often we get snow in march this late in the year! not everyone will get some, not everyone will see the heavier stuff yes some of us are in the lucky spots!

Enjoy it! or go have a drink! 

• Like 1

Posted

The area between Hull and Sheffield I suspect will be one of the hardest hit areas as shown on the radar screen shot I’ve provided below things are already pepping up somewhat and as the day light starts to drop along with Temperatures I suspect this area to have a decent covering by the morning. Be good to see pics from people in that area? 

CD48DC4C-CB72-4874-8ED4-55A1C2525549.jpeg

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

The area between Hull and Sheffield I suspect will be one of the hardest hit areas  as shown on the radar screen shot I’ve provided below things are already popping up somewhat and as the delight starts to drop along with Temperatures I suspect this area to have a decent covering by the morning. Be good to see pics from people in that area? 

and that would go inline with the amber warning for south yorks! roll on 4pm :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Current conditions here in the Howardian Hills.

Temp: -1.2c

Feels like: -12c

Wind: 28mph E

High Gust: 46mph

Preview_Camera1_01_20180317_144522_21586500.thumb.jpg.f0c2727f45e9fff7fefdaf6bb1605dfb.jpg

Posted
16 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

and that would go inline with the amber warning for south yorks! roll on 4pm :) 

It’s definitely looking that way at the moment but areas just north or south of any streamers could only see a dusting yet their in the Amber area also and will call it a bust. When In theory it’s not a bust because the Forcaster have absolutely no way of nailing down exact areas especially with the snow coming in as showers and not organised bands of Rain/Snow they can only tell you where they think the most at risk areas are “ Currently “ things could change with a slight shift of wind. :friends:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yes, just took the dog for a walk in the dry and now back it is a blizzard here.
Soooo cold in that wind.  Brrrr.
Right, now for the rugby and a warming cuppa.

B.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well this is depressing stuck in the dry and sunny bit ??

Posted

Hello all, just joined but been a lurker for a year or so. I'm in the sticks a couple miles north of Brigg in North Lincs. 

We seemed to have missed most of the snow this winter, got nothing in December and only a light covering from Beast1, very poor compared to 2010 where we had 18" of snow on lawn for a month with overnight temps as low as minus 20.

Oddly we've seen more snow today than we have all winter, a steady stream of snow/graupel showers roughly 20 mins apart since 7am this morning. Sadly melting almost as soon as the sun re-appears but have been impressive to watch due to the very strong wind forming mini blizzards in the garden.

Hoping we get some laying snow overnight so the kids have a chance of sledging. We are in the amber warning area so fingers crossed for something tonight.

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

The area between Hull and Sheffield I suspect will be one of the hardest hit areas as shown on the radar screen shot I’ve provided below things are already pepping up somewhat and as the day light starts to drop along with Temperatures I suspect this area to have a decent covering by the morning. Be good to see pics from people in that area? 

I'm in the middle of this streamer!!!! 

• Like 1

Posted

The showers appear to be moving more east to west now, just ever so slightly. Been a lovely sunny day here. No snow since mid morning.

Posted
7 minutes ago, OldLandRover said:

Hello all, just joined but been a lurker for a year or so. I'm in the sticks a couple miles north of Brigg in North Lincs. 

We seemed to have missed most of the snow this winter, got nothing in December and only a light covering from Beast1, very poor compared to 2010 where we had 18" of snow on lawn for a month with overnight temps as low as minus 20.

Oddly we've seen more snow today than we have all winter, a steady stream of snow/graupel showers roughly 20 mins apart since 7am this morning. Sadly melting almost as soon as the sun re-appears but have been impressive to watch due to the very strong wind forming mini blizzards in the garden.

Hoping we get some laying snow overnight so the kids have a chance of sledging. We are in the amber warning area so fingers crossed for something tonight.

Welcome to the mad house lol 

afternoon everyone hope your all enjoying the weekend

had snow showers here on and off all day but nothing to write about just yet! 

It has just turned extremely dark and I am under a heavy shower at the minute, give it 5 and the sun will be out! 

• Like 1

Posted

It certainly keeps snowing here from passing showers, slight recover each time then the sun gets to work, never more than 0.5 cm except where it gets blown. Drops the visibility to fog limits on the heavier bursts. A mix of thick flakes in one shower and mainly snow grains in another.

Temperatures like a yo-yo, a low of -1C and a high of 1.8 C, currently -0.4 C. 

Edited by johnholmes