Jump to content

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

Yes summer blizzard. I think the worry for us here in west yorks within the top end of the Amber area, was the heavy stuff would miss us to the south. That lump does seem a bit north but hopefully it’s on a collision course with us 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well a fail last night as winter would say radar showing the showers pepping up so time will tell today. If you're lucky you may something of note or very little as showers turn into mini streamers.

So (unless it really comes down tonight) the moral of this story is don't always blieve the hype of the Model thread-and plus the Amber warning doesn't kick in til 4:00pm so this (knowing our luck) is probably going to be it.

Edited by Weather26
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Yes summer blizzard. I think the worry for us here in west yorks within the top end of the Amber area, was the heavy stuff would miss us to the south. That lump does seem a bit north but hopefully it’s on a collision course with us 

The Amber Warning doesn't even commence until 4pm though so I doubt anything showing on the radar now will relate to that?

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

The Amber Warning doesn't even commence until 4pm though so I doubt anything showing on the radar now will relate to that?

yup again people trying to say it's over before it's even happened!! the main event was to begin later today so anything before is a nice bonus :) enjoy it , not often we get snow this late in the year :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with comments above, last night was forecast a patchy 1-2cm on low ground which is fair enough. Today is when the action is and its looking extremely promising if you watch the radar loop back over the past couple of hours. Been for a run and can confirm its bloomin' cold out there with flurries getting heavier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Radar is incredible. Moderate snow now settiling on everything, including roads.

 

 

Kentish, I'm talking about the stuff in the middle of the north sea for later. Not the current stuff.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot out there in the North sea and it seems to have built to the South compared to my earlier image. Not sure of the track, but a lot of snow on the way for somewhere! 

Screenshot_20180317-080055.png

Screenshot_20180317-071527.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

A lot out there in the North sea and it seems to have built to the South compared to my earlier image. Not sure of the track, but a lot of snow on the way for somewhere! 

Screenshot_20180317-080055.png

Screenshot_20180317-071527.png

Really like these images Sausage. Will be helpful if you can keep posting updates when you get a chance. ??

To me it’s saying much of Yorkshire.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

North Easterner here!

Travelling to Manchester this morning from Durham. Any of you guys with more local knowledge (and seeing what the snow is like) any sense of whether the A1 and M62 should be OK until around 12?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

North Easterner here!

Travelling to Manchester this morning from Durham. Any of you guys with more local knowledge (and seeing what the snow is like) any sense of whether the A1 and M62 should be OK until around 12?

M62 looks ok now. Heavy showers are expected later today so there may be issues mid afternoon.

Screenshot_20180317-081853.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Che said:

Powder-fluff flake-flurries funnelling and settling. Sun drowning behind ashen cloud, but surfacing for glimpsed breath. Cold air. Cold wind. Cold birds - cold singing.

Looks like we’ve got Shakespeare in our thread! ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...