Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Not stopped raining all last night and all day! Been a long long time since it's rained like this. A lot of Sheffield with surface flooding on my travels this evening....

Let's see what the weekend brings with beast 2, looks like a cold snap to be honest but even seeing a bit of snow is always nice, I'll never say no! :cold:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Craigers said:

34MM of rain so far today and still getting heavier on radar! Awful day. Just imagine if this was all snow ?

Wish it was 29mm here !! Been a very wet month.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Winter Cold said:

Not stopped raining all last night and all day! Been a long long time since it's rained like this. A lot of Sheffield with surface flooding on my travels this evening....

Let's see what the weekend brings with beast 2, looks like a cold snap to be honest but even seeing a bit of snow is always nice, I'll never say no! :cold:

Yes what an atrocious day! Like you say a lot of surface water on the roads this evening.

I'm ready for spring personally but I wouldn't day no to a Beast Mk2. As long as it's notable again :)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

ECU1-72.GIFECU0-72.GIF

You wont see uppers like that often for March the 7th! Beautiful chart :)

I didn't think it was that cold last Wednesday:rofl:

i know what you mean though:)

Edited by Allseasons-si
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I didn't think it was that cold last Wednesday:rofl:

i know what you mean though:)

Ooops missed the 1 :p

1 hour ago, Weather26 said:

Looks like Friday Night/Saturday Morning might get some interest depending on how fast the band turns from rain to snow but after that we appear to be out of the running for Sunday's lot of snow.

Yorkshire has a better chance after today's upgrades for Sunday!

7 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

Clearly this says otherwise! All gone by Saturday Morning! and for once the models are going to lose this one! I await downgrades with Interest! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638077 

BBC weather app isn't great to use for these situations. Look how last cold spell panned out and it said dry all time 

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 1

I don't take much notice of them weather apps, even bbc, only thing that could scupper snow chances is an unusually cold North sea.

Hopefully sun will help produce showers inland during day.

• Like 1

Clearly a lot of difference between models for Friday into Saturday. GFS doesn't have the cold air arriving until Saturday morning. If it's right rain will be the only thing that is falling with a slight risk of this turning to snow Saturday morning before it dries up.

Cracking upgrades this evening for snow chances this weekend across our region.

Will feel bitter in that wind and the chance of some powdery blowing snow to boot which for the middle of March will be pretty amazing!

I think a few posters will be back out of hibernation this weekend!  :D :cold:

• Like 1

Well if that's the case i'm going into my hibernation until Spring actually starts since it was supposed to start 2 weeks ago! 

see you all when it's all over (possibly this weekend when nothing happens and the models downgrade)

:wallbash:

• Confused 1