Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

14 minutes ago, The PIT said:

light snow right now doesn't look like much has been added overnight but it's hard to tell as it's blown about.

Yes it's done a half decent job on the main roads here though. Wind has definitely picked up!

Interesting to see the snow just re-generating for many inland areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Just had a look out more snow has fallen in the night and the radar still looks great!  Snow continuing to fall fairly heavily which just seems to be constantly developing over the region.

-4.6c and the wind has definitely picked up as you can here the gusts whipping through the trees.  

Proper winter weather!  This doesn't look bad either!

Today:

Very cold with scattered heavy snow showers continuing to give further accumulations through the day across most parts, with strong easterly winds giving blizzard conditions, drifting and severe wind chill. Perhaps fewer showers later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature -1 °C.

:cold::cold:

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well woke up to more snow this morning. Really blowing around in the wind. Must be 6 to 7inch deep in places. But still can’t get a snow day. ?

4 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Morning, wind has picked up once again sounds gale force 

What can we expect today 

A continuation of current conditions for a while I would think before the precip confines to the north later on. Though every 'forecast' now feels increasingly like guesswork!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Wow. Radar is a surprise although again I have two different forecasts. BBC says heavy snow showers all day with sunny intervals. Met Office says heavy snow showers until 10am and overcast for the rest of the day. . 

Radar looks more to agree with Met Office. 

Posted

Latest look north forecast predicting showers easing later today as wind turns SE although I`m sure that was forecast yesterday and didn`t happen hence the snow just kept on coming so who knows but we do seem to be in a run of upgrades for snow opportunities at the moment

They also say there should be a lull tonight and tomorrow morning before snow spreads up from the south

Exciting times!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
2 minutes ago, Always a red said:

Latest look north forecast predicting showers easing later today as wind turns SE although I`m sure that was forecast yesterday and didn`t happen hence the snow just kept on coming so who knows but we do seem to be in a run of upgrades for snow opportunities at the moment

They also say there should be a lull tonight and tomorrow morning before snow spreads up from the south

Exciting times!

Is that for all the region tomorrow or just south of it? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Barking_Mad said:

Is that for all the region tomorrow or just south of it? 

not sure how far it's going to get but ffrom I seen parts of west and south yorks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Well I definitely wasn’t expecting it to be this bad 5hours later.... It’s definitly the worst weather we have had since 2010 for the amount of snow and if this wind and snow keep up for a couple more hours its going to be on par with 2013 for snow drifts.. How we aren’t under an amber warning is beyond me. High winds, heavy Snow & 5ft snow drifts in places on higher routes with another 6 hours at least now forcast I’m in true amazement of how forcasts are changing so quickly.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I had a spy at the radar at 4am and it was just bright green streamers with no gaps, looked brilliant! Of course I had to go and look out the window then and it was heavy blowing snow. Some drifts are going to be unreal today? Kids school has just txt to say it's shut ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Met Office forecast for today:

Very cold with scattered heavy snow showers continuing to give further accumulations through the day across most parts, with strong easterly winds giving blizzard conditions, drifting and severe wind chill. Perhaps fewer showers later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature -1 °C.

:cold:

Posted

Just seen Look North again her words were `tomorrow perhaps a slight rest bite from the showers but it will turn increasingly cloudy as we move through the day with further snow as we move into the weekend`

Posted

Snow snow snow. Just checked and we've got a snow day, or college is shut :)

• Like 1

Woohoo! Snow day now as our school has finally made the decision to close. Didn't particularly fancy driving in this morning.

Mind you the 120 bus is still barrelling past at regular intervals like nothing it happening. I'm increasingly of the suspicion that this bus is being run by a cult of hardy Inuits.

Posted

snow is coming down quite nicely and its blizzard like conditions!!   dosen't look like its gonna end soon! 

Hmm lets see !

28423641_922162951282543_2523378761757516118_o.jpg

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Like 1

Posted

Got to brave the elements to go out to check on my rabbits, I may be gone for some time...(Theyve gotta cosy shed so thankfully I won't be stood outside)

Posted

Woke up to blizzards. Loads more snow, drifting, giant icicles. Radar still looks loaded with snow. Great day indeed!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Excellent formation on radar, should be constant snow for a few hours.

North sea satellite is actually not bad for a few hours. 

Using fingers on my screen and hourly movement of precipitation, there's at least snow until 9am in Leeds.

• Thanks 1