Jump to content

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

They look like they could hit north/west and parts of easy yorkshire hard. Your area should catch some of these though

Is kirklees in west yorks looking good for some more snow? Radar looks fantastic to me for tonight!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

Is kirklees in west yorks looking good for some more snow? Radar looks fantastic to me for tonight!

Beyond what's on the radar is anyones guess! Hopefully yes!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be filling-in to the east in the North Sea now, due to the 'tail' of that system over Scotland extending southwards. This filling-in on the radar extends out to the edge of the coverage so it might be a long night.

Nice to have an ice day too - been a few years since that happened.

Don't think I'm going to work in the morning (again), however there is no escape as I have a PC....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Is kirklees in west yorks looking good for some more snow? Radar looks fantastic to me for tonight!

Yeah looks good, you should see further accumulations.

At this moment the further north you are the better, but the area of frequent snow showers could shift south, depends whats out in that north sea..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BA Baracus said:

Beyond what's on the radar is anyones guess! Hopefully yes!

your in liversedge i see. Im there too near windy bank. Looking good now. Finished work for day, so time for me to see some proper action! Already a decent covering here in liversedge. And bbc showing heavy snow showers all through tomorrow too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

Yeah looks good, you should see further accumulations.

At this moment the further north you are the better, but the area of frequent snow showers could shift south, depends whats out in that north sea..

Thank you. Ive been at work today, so havent seen the radar much. Were the showers direct hit for these parts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

your in liversedge i see. Im there too near windy bank. Looking good now. Finished work for day, so time for me to see some proper action! Already a decent covering here in liversedge. And bbc showing heavy snow showers all through tomorrow too!

Yep. Good covering although its too powdery to make a snow man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

Thank you. Ive been at work today, so havent seen the radar much. Were the showers direct hit for these parts?

Haha I dont know if they was a direct hit either as I was working two and didnt have my phone on me. Cant look back on met office radar as not workng..

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BA Baracus said:

Yep. Good covering although its too powdery to make a snow man.

 

Just now, BA Baracus said:

Yep. Good covering although its too powdery to make a snow man.

I agree. Just looking forward to the depths. I remember when windy bank lane, leading towards hartshead was full of drifts march 2013. Fingers crossed we will see that again

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inghams85 said:

South Yorkshire actually looks good. The radar for this part of Yorkshire is filling out and looks more persistent than further North

Which radar are you looking at :cc_confused: Further north looks much better for snow over the coming hours. Just light to moderate showers for S Yorks as far as I can see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun has been shining for an hour now, should be setting soon turning colder and no melt happening, 

ideally look at scotland they was under yellow/amber, then all of a sudden red  things change constantly, so time for much of our region to see more heavy snow! :) 

yesterday I was ready to throw to towel in but the north sea wants to keep giving us snow so who am I to stop them :p 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Which radar are you looking at :cc_confused: Further north looks much better for snow over the coming hours. Just light to moderate showers for S Yorks as far as I can see. 

All them blobs will intensify out of Lincolnshire mate like before. We have lots of showers ready to explode and grow. Topography helps on the Eastern side of the pennies always 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see how this first band of showers react when they reach the hills. Signs of them weakening once they head over land but potential for re-intensification as they reach the Pennines perhaps? This would bode well for places such as Bradford and Huddersfield (possibly Leeds), too. :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

All them blobs will intensify out of Lincolnshire mate like before. We have lots of showers ready to explode and grow. Topography helps on the Eastern side of the pennies always 

I agree to an extent but I have found today even in Sheffield (esp eastern side) they have passed over then intensified thereafter (closer to Dronfield, Chezzie, etc)

As always we're nowcasting and radar watching like hawks :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today is the best snow we've had since Boxing day 2014, not bad after what was a disappointing day yesterday

Temperature is still at an unbelievable -5.0 so its not going anywhere fast, potential for more snow over the coming days aswell! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...