Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

5 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

The winds only turn easterly behind the base of the trough (the showers in front are just coming on the Netweather radar now) but they should all but guarantee a snowy evening regardless. 

This trough was supposed to bit 12pm. I would say it's 3 hours behind what they predicted!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

Had about 2 hours of no snow, quite a thaw where the sun has been shining, some of the smaller showers are packing some punch now just had a mini blizzard winds picked up and temps dropped and re covered some of the melted areas

Edited by fazzafarrand
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Yeah. I have attached an image. Would be grateful if anybody knew. 

snow.png

Looks to me like a stable mass of stratocumulus. 

• Like 1
Just now, PerfectStorm said:

Just cloud yeah. I could be wrong but doesn't have the features of a precipitation-bearing cloud mass. 

That was my initial thought however it then occurred that we do get more solid features from time to time in these setups. 

With poor radar coverage in the North Sea, it's hard to tell. 

14 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Looks to me like a stable mass of stratocumulus. 

Yep, radar suggests stable area with no showers.  Need this area to head away from us.

Screenshot_20180228-144650.png

11 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Just cloud yeah. I could be wrong but doesn't have the features of a precipitation-bearing cloud mass. 

Having looked at the image for about 10 minutes i have our answer. You can see on the satellite that it's the same type of cloud as the south east is getting at the moment. Essentially that is producing snow albeit not as heavy. 

So in effect the radar may in theory give us prolonged snow but light to moderate. 

5 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Back building occuring on the showers approaching Leeds. I'd love an hour of constant snow. 

Yeah I noticed a little bit of mounting precipitation as they've got further inland.