Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

Walked from York racecourse into the city centre this morning -3C thermometer -10C windchill, through dry powder snow; great fun, not experienced since 2010

Difficult to be dogmatic about the northward progression of Storm Emma, but I think it'll be slow, with our area continuing to experience this exceptional cold from the east until at least Sunday

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Anyone noticed starting to get rather windy again! 

Yes the snow off my neighbours shed roof keeps blowing past my window... At least that's something! 

 

Hoping sone of those beefy showers off the east coast might hit... Maybe not tho lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Personally i'm most interested in the mass of cloud after the base of the trough. 

It's either lower cloud and more stable air or a more solid period of snow. 

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

What is noticeable is no way can there not be more snow rest of today I'm quite surprised with that much instability

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

What is noticeable is no way can there not be more snow rest of today I'm quite surprised with that much instability

Yeah, I can see this getting worse just in time for rush hour now again . Like has been said wind and showers starting to come more easterly ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

What is noticeable is no way can there not be more snow rest of today I'm quite surprised with that much instability

 

2 minutes ago, memories of 63 said:

Yes, I see what you mean.  Interesting

Indeed although as i mention my interest is on the cloud area without gaps. 

If somebody does find out what it is (since it's headed for Yorkshire) post it here and i'll keep a look out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Personally i'm most interested in the mass of cloud after the base of the trough. 

It's either lower cloud and more stable air or a more solid period of snow. 

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

Is it my untrained eye or are the gaps closing? It appears to be knitting together (see the technical phrase I used) we have sat in this god awful gap all day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony Beets said:

Yeah, I can see this getting worse just in time for rush hour now again . Like has been said wind and showers starting to come more easterly ??

The winds only turn easterly behind the base of the trough (the showers in front are just coming on the Netweather radar now) but they should all but guarantee a snowy evening regardless. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joggs said:

Great convection in the north sea for all I suspect and winds picking up .#radarwatchingatitsbest

Yes the Metoeox radar goes a long way out - the raintoday one has crashed! There does seem to be some more organised blobs appearing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Is it my untrained eye or are the gaps closing? It appears to be knitting together (see the technical phrase I used) we have sat in this god awful gap all day 

Yeah. I have attached an image. Would be grateful if anybody knew. 

snow.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...