Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Temps during today will be below freezing so the snow won't be going anywhere fast today!! :) 

Have some activity to our east but decides to lose intensity when hitting West Yorkshire!!!

2 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Have some activity to our east but decides to lose intensity when hitting West Yorkshire!!!

I just knew it lol 

ok so im going to have a unhappy daughter, my sons school is closed but hers is still opening! 🙈

currently not snowing, but im happy now anyway, got a covering 😊 

Conditions were worse this morning driving to the station,  main problem is the wind picking up the dry powdery snow and drifting, more showers also adding to it. On the train now towards Manchester, near York at the moment and interesting side effect of the cold weather I saw a small herd of deer very close to city centre, I suspect the cold snap has driven them in.

hmm where is the heavy snow? :( 

Lots of activity out there! 

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 07.31.51.png

Edited by LeeSnowFan

Only about an inch here and schools open kids gutted

Youngest ones just been closed snow quite heavy here now

Edited by fazzafarrand

Well it looks like ‘the beast from the east’ is here at least a few inches of lying snow overnight what a lovely surprise! Local schools are now shut.

This was Garforth before I set off to work an hour ago, roads not good. 20180228_065128.thumb.jpg.336920f4ef4af1d41ebd0dbb23bc8bd2.jpg20180228_062407.thumb.jpg.0fce44ffad68f72d146e316e3001490d.jpg

Coming down heavy in NW Leeds, roads not covered yet and as we all know it's not bad until the roads are gone! 

Edited by Barking_Mad

Absolute Whiteout in Castleford - Wakefield area

Really pelting it down here too - I knew we'd get more snow with a yellow warning than an amber one!

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Really pelting it down here too - I knew we'd get more snow with a yellow warning than an amber one!

lol i said yesterday you watch we will get more snow with a yellow warning than an amber! and its true! lol had more fall with yellow! its madness! 

8 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

lol i said yesterday you watch we will get more snow with a yellow warning than an amber! and its true! lol had more fall with yellow! its madness! 

Amber warnings are the kiss of death! 

Another good dumping over night here in Ilkley. Bitterly cold. Says -4 on the thermometer but that wind chill is bitterly cold. Snowing again now. Looks like we could get some nice heavy showers this morning. After that I'm just going to enjoy it. It doesn't look like we'll get a lot more between now and the thaw at the weekend. (maybe a bit more overnight tonight). It's been a loooong time since we've had more than a day (maybe even a few hours) of lying snow. 

The difference with today from yesterday is it's a lot colder. I don't think that snow is gonna melt like it did yesterday. 

Have a fun day everyone!

currently snowing again here, not heavy as forecast but i dont care 😂 snow is snow 

7 hours ago, tayzi said:

I have a small wall that Ive been protecting like a goal keeper from the dogs, thats my untouched snow measuring area ...am I losing the plot ?? 

Yes.. :rofl:

13 hours ago, Harsh Climate said:

I think places like leeds and bradford (city centres) could get in on game soon, the showers are aligning more favourably for these areas 

Edited by Kevin Ridley

Some snow here but given Sheffield’s topography it’s not great on some of the usual roads.

A lot out to the east but conditions not right for them to maintain intensity as they head inland.

24 minutes ago, CasMan said:

Absolute Whiteout in Castleford - Wakefield area

Stopped in Normy! 

Oops spoke to soon heavy again here, cleared drive and car covered again

Edited by fazzafarrand