Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Latest ICON gif shows a kink in the isobars early on tomorrow,then look at it go,cold locked in on that with easterlies and southeasterlies all the way out to 120:)

tempresult_hpo3.gif

850's

tempresult_wcn4.gif

What does that mean for us 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quiet spell for a few hours before showers set in from the east,se.

Hope we get some ala ne thread.

Plan has changed to stay up for an hour then a few hrs sleep until 3ish.

Hope everyone joins the fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sitrap said:

Storm Emma looks a little less intense on the 18Z than the previous run, at Sat 00:00 (+78)

 

Yes,looks a lot better this run,look at 102,it's looking good run by run in this neck of the woods:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
poststed 3 minutes ago (edited)

Well the pub run fails to get Fridays front north of the Midlands with snow showers continuing from Lincolnshire northwards even by Saturday with the -10C isotherm holding from the Washin in a line northwards.

Edited just now by Captain Shortwave
 
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kids asleep, sat eating chineese food, snow laying outside and hopefully a snow day tomorrow....aaaah bliss 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

What does that mean for us 

We keep the continental feed,although the uppers rise a tad,we are still looking good in this area as long as we keep the 0c isotherm south of us

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Latest ICON gif shows a kink in the isobars early on tomorrow,then look at it go,cold locked in on that with easterlies and southeasterlies all the way out to 120:)

tempresult_hpo3.gif

850's

tempresult_wcn4.gif

From the graphics, looks like the uppers don't fall below -6 at any particular time in our region. Can't complain with that.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 18z gfs backs us in a NE flow by 120,more interesting times ahead i feal:D

120-7UK.GIF?27-18120-779UK.GIF?27-18120-515UK.GIF?27-18120-580UK.GIF?27-18

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gior Gorkin said:

What does this all mean for S21 region?

At the moment,it looking fine if it's cold and snow you are after:)

could you please pop in your location in your profile,and welcome to the forum Gior:)

Edited by Allseasons-si

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meto app showing light snow again for here tomorrow, ridiculous, you could say they are hedging their bets, HEAVY/LIGHT/HEAVY/LIGHT, all in last 12 hrs  - I suppose at least it still says snow of one type or other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's that system for tomorrow 9am!

Looks great for Yorkshire! This will make up for the disappointment last night!

Screenshot_20180227-222430.thumb.png.22092efd8f623fd3d07dca5bdd92c679.png

Still going! 3pm!!!!

Screenshot_20180227-222652.thumb.png.3019ed716ebf3b03f3d116e7eaaa3306.png

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sitrap said:

Meto app showing light snow again for here tomorrow, ridiculous, you could say they are hedging their bets, HEAVY/LIGHT/HEAVY/LIGHT, all in last 12 hrs  - I suppose at least it still says snow of one type or other.

BREATHE IN!,BREATHE OUT!,BREATHE IN!,BREATHE OUT!:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a link to a good free snow radar please ? 👍

nice 2-3 cm fallen on and off through the night in South Sheffield tonight, look s like more on way through night and tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hirlam sends the first low on Thursday more North, other models have wanted to move it NW as it enters the channel, giving SW England/Wales etc into Ireland. Hirlam has other ideas and pushes it Northwards. Gem has been showing this reguarly but can we trust its progressive push? Fascinating oncemore this situation. 

hitrl.png.e548f5e1b040fb207f1c703855438704.png

5a95d98b1c5e6_hirlam2.png.5074cceadbe5a16bfa324f4386e2cfa8.png

hirlam....png.bd27f33b86807939fd31cad27e21e6e3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yorkieblade said:

Can anyone post a link to a good free snow radar please ? 👍

nice 2-3 cm fallen on and off through the night in South Sheffield tonight, look s like more on way through night and tomorrow 

Here

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

and here,use the NW radar and select waether type:)

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Here's that system for tomorrow 9am!

Looks great for Yorkshire! This will make up for the disappointment last night!

Screenshot_20180227-222430.thumb.png.22092efd8f623fd3d07dca5bdd92c679.png

Still going! 3pm!!!!

Screenshot_20180227-222652.thumb.png.3019ed716ebf3b03f3d116e7eaaa3306.png

Which model is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

Showers getting going now in the Humber region and out to sea.

Yes based on the current wind direction our showers need to cross straight over Hull for a direct hit here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Yes based on the current wind direction our showers need to cross straight over Hull for a direct hit here?

i wish i could stop up all night to whitness some more snow falling but up at 5am,still,it has not been a bad night has it although i expected more,as we do lol

tomorrow morning looks good but i will miss the activity if any,but will enjoy to the max when i get home after 2pm if there is a decent dumping:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Which model is this?

GFS 18Z

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to go to bed now, but I don't think it will take much tapping on the window from the snowflakes to wake me up, I'm a very light sleeper in these situations. Hopefully will be woken at 3am :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those showers are already pepping up out at sea, though I'd trade them for the NE lots, strewth!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...