Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
6 minutes ago, snow*please said:

well, it might aswell have not bothered ? 

What a let down. ? 

You should do well from convective showers later?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Patients guys. Today and Tomorrow the showers intensity.. Yes the system produced more snow for the northern parts of East & West Yorkshire and most of North Yorkshire snow depths differing from town to town, Village to Village. The southern half of the region has seen the least but there’s still plenty of snow showers starting to pile in which could still give some good accumulations today and into tomorrow. Someone is always going to be disappointed due to the fact these are showers but hopefully as they merge the disappointed will be minimal by the end of the Week... :friends::drinks:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Whitby is getting a hammering. Already reportedly had a lot overnight, yet the convective showers are hitting it hard if the radar is right. All their schools are already shut thankfully.

School closures widely around Craven and Keighley areas. Also school closures in Bradford but Bradford schools seem to close at the first snow flake.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, joggs said:

You should do well from convective showers later?

hope so. Kids are dead eyeing me this morning because they going to school ? 

Edited by snow*please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I wouldn’t be surprised if further updates for Wednesday to the warnings for our region.. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if further updates for Wednesday to the warnings for our region.. 

yes the symbols keep chopping and changing for wednesday,  showed us not much but quite a few heavy symbols now showing but after last nights fail for us im not getting excited yet :p

• Like 1

Posted

I kept all the curtains shut went downstairs flung the back door open to let the dogs out and......  a piddling cm...just one !!!

Even the dogs looked at me in disgust. 

Daughter in Manchester has about the same, son in Hull I darent even ask :sorry: 

Posted

well we have an covering it's an start let see what today brings. Let see if snow doesn't melt by dinner time yet ? And we can get full day of lying snow since 2013 haha that's all I want.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Patients guys. Today and Tomorrow the showers intensity.. Yes the system produced more snow for the northern parts of East & West Yorkshire and most of North Yorkshire snow depths differing from town to town, Village to Village. The southern half of the region has seen the least but there’s still plenty of snow showers starting to pile in which could still give some good accumulations today and into tomorrow. Someone is always going to be disappointed due to the fact these are showers but hopefully as they merge the disappointed will be minimal by the end of the Week... :friends::drinks:

We might all be patients soon - in a psychiatric ward if this doesn't deliver lol ? 

Posted
17 minutes ago, snow*please said:

hope so. Kids are dead eyeing me this morning because they going to school ? 

I normally get a hug from my son before he goes to school. Needless to say that wasn't the case this morning lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer
13 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Well we got a further update yesterday to amber, and it meant nothing so I think most won't be holding their breath even if we do. 

Are you thinking we will do well? I hope you're right mate 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Snowing really hard the last few minutes here.
Can't see far it's so thick.
Might scrape a full inch depth soon !  

B.

Posted
36 minutes ago, terrier said:

I fear for sausages sanity this morning. We’re is he. Thought he would of been on with I told you so. :D

He reminds me of a certain “Adam” we had a few years back on here. I’m sure the veterans will remember him. I wonder whether they’re both related ? ....

Posted

Streamer thats setting up certainly looks good for the next hour. In fact looking at the latest charts i would suggest areas in South Yorkshire who missed out last night may see there 10cm's from todays streamers!

Edited by inghams85
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
Just now, inghams85 said:

Streamer thats setting up certainly looks good for the next hour. In fact looking at the latest chart i would suggest areas in South Yorkshire who missed out last night may see there 10cm from todays streamers!

Agreed.  We should see some great shower activity penetrating a long way in land today.  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

Streamer thats setting up certainly looks good for the next hour. In fact looking at the latest charts i would suggest areas in South Yorkshire who missed out last night may see there 10cm's from todays streamers!

oh bold statement!! will hold you to that :p:p 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

Agreed.  We should see some great shower activity penetrating a long way in land today.  :cold:

Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

oh bold statement!! will hold you to that :p:p 

Look at how the thicknesses expload between 9am and 7pm. That my friends is a recipe for explosive convection. The met app symbols have responded accordingly here

• Like 1

Posted

Just to add the flow is almost perfect for us from 12pm for 7 hours and wind speed wise these will be relatively slow moving so when they set in they could dump a fair amount! Im surprised we have no amber. Ill be keeping an eye out once the current one expires at 11am

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Respectfully mate, what are you looking at? 

The radar is not showing any 'streamers' anywhere near Rotherham. from what we can see you ain't going to get 10cms.

At the moment the radar is showing a couple of bands of showers coming in off the North Sea, lying North to South and petering out as they come inland. 'Sreamers' would be orientated. East to West and there are none of those showing.

A 'streamer' is the holy grail and I truly hope you get one, but it doesn't look like it at the moment, so I don't see why you are suggesting that parts of South Yorkshire will get 10cms. Its unlikely today.

At the moment overnight and into tomorrow are likely to be the best times for snow in your part of the world. Hopefully, I live near the East Coast and I will get some snow today. Had a couple of showers this morning, about 2cm worth but currently the sun is out and the snow is melting. Thats my reality.