Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

Evewryone at work disgusted at the news and met office. I think the probelm today there's a lot people who haven't lived through the cold winters of late seventies and eighties. This snow doesn't cut it I've seen worst frosts and there's more snow in my freezer. 

At least my forecast was correct :)

• Haha 2

Well not as good as I hoped for today. But still a decent 5cm covering. Think the showers will pep up during the day. Still think a few surprises could show up. And still the possibility of heavy snow Friday. :cold:

• Like 1
Just now, terrier said:

Well not as good as I hoped for today. But still a decent 5cm covering. Think the showers will pep up during the day. Still think a few surprises could show up. And still the possibility of heavy snow Friday. :cold:

if you could spare2.5cm of that thanks :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just remember how 2010 panned out for Yorkshire! Only a yellow warning for 5-10cm then that streamer popped up over Lincolnshire into southyorkshire. Then moved northwards into north Yorkshire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats a nice pretty red blob showing up on the Icon for tomorrow.. heads through the region as well.  maybe something, maybe nothing :)

icon-10-39.thumb.png.3fd37427d0f4bfcb3318b7d041a5af5c.pngicon-10-36.thumb.png.7d211613b1e5c244b21f155726f1df90.pngicon-10-33.thumb.png.ebf51dc98462834f4ca377bed8d2aa86.png

Edited by bryan629
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

????????????

you exploded the server! :rofl:

Look at that band developing over Scarborough.  

Not saying that will hit us in South Yorkshire but that is all because of the increased instability in the atmosphere.

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Look at that band developing over Scarborough.  

Not saying that will hit us in South Yorkshire but that is all because of the increased instability in the atmosphere.

Yep, this is what we should be hoping for now. I have managed to rid myself of the negative angst from earlier lol and I am determined to be more positive about the prospects. The snow seems to be pepping up now which definitely helps the mood :)

Met office now suggesting a period of sustained heavy snow tomorrow (here anyway).

They got it right for us: deep snow, kid’s school closed... will be interesting to see if they’re right tomorrow too. Maybe someone else will get it.

Amber warning? What a joke. Doesn't even warrant a yellow warning for the vast majority across the county by the sounds.

It is still coming down but very, very  gently with teeny tiny sized flakes, almost graupel. Sky looks as though its getting brighter as though its going to stop snowing very shortly. 

I'm all for Spring coming now - fed up of getting my hopes dashed.