Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

1 minute ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Although on the radar you can’t see the whole system as yet it’s still developing in the North Sea.?

That’s why some people are miss interpreting it to miss us completely... You won’t start seeing it properly until the early hours and as it comes over land..

I don't think you are right there old boy. The radar goes far enough out into the North Sea to show the system that has developed. Its just the system is not as extensive as forecast. What you see now is probably what you're going to get. 

It seems that the system will move more westerly than southerly and will miss most of Yorkshire apart from NW of Harrogate and into the west of West Yorkshire. There will still be some snow in other areas from some showers but it will probably amount to no more than 1cm or so.

The forecast for tomorrow also seems to be dropping the shower activity and I have a suspicion, we won't see a lot tomorrow. It now looks like early hours of Wednesday for the best showers to come through.

At this stage you are best to just watch the radar and keep your fingers crossed.

Posted

First few flakes now falling here, looking at radar we're just coming into contact with the southern edge of the main band.Heavier stuff probably going to pass to the west of us though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Getting heavier in York now!

Posted

What a waste of time this is turning into. Maybe had 10 flakes all day. Winters in the UK are dead we will never get a good one. Yes my toys are well thrown clear of the pram. It's just disheartening as was so looking forward to the white stuff.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it looks like its crossed the M62 now, so fairly confident that snow will be falling in next hour here. My fingers firmly crossed. 

Posted

Evening all,

I come in peace from the South. Lived in Leeds for a few years but moved back last year, so I'm hoping you guys will see some decent totals tonight!

Here is a link to a live-stream of the building works of the Headingley Stadium south stand if anyone wants to see conditions in Leeds themselves during the night - 

Not the greatest quality but should do the job. 

• Thanks 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

And the whole thing looks very much North to me.....Cumbria/Northumberland area...I could be wrong.....

I believe the Easter edge will intensify and there will be a swathe of heavier snow West to East much like the HiRLAM. You can see intensification happening now 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
24 minutes ago, EastYorkie said:

I don't think you are right there old boy. The radar goes far enough out into the North Sea to show the system that has developed. Its just the system is not as extensive as forecast. What you see now is probably what you're going to get. 

It seems that the system will move more westerly than southerly and will miss most of Yorkshire apart from NW of Harrogate and into the west of West Yorkshire. There will still be some snow in other areas from some showers but it will probably amount to no more than 1cm or so.

The forecast for tomorrow also seems to be dropping the shower activity and I have a suspicion, we won't see a lot tomorrow. It now looks like early hours of Wednesday for the best showers to come through.

At this stage you are best to just watch the radar and keep your fingers crossed.

We will soon find out dude. We know it’s gone more North and West hence the update. I’m just pointing out that not the whole region will be missed. And you will find that it still has to develop further..

Edited by Yorkshirepudding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
27 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Can anyone in Leeds report whether there is any settling?

It's snowing here and there's a dusting on the ground that looks like a hard frost....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Looking at it, I think we are being fooled by it's east to west flow. The system IS drifting SSW but the strong winds aloft is blowing the precipitation off the coast. 

Posted

Looks like the heavy stuff is going to be a bit too far north for Sheffield. It's been a frustrating winter considering we've had good synoptics from both the NW and now NE. Lots of days with falling snow and some settling but nothing of note really. Hopefully Friday will deliver!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme warmth And Extreme blizzards.
1 hour ago, Stelmer said:

It's snowing here and there's a dusting on the ground that looks like a hard frost....

Same in Norfolk Poor ole show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Snowing fairly heavily in NW Leeds which kind of undermines the radar, but the settling is patchy. Roofs yes, grass in places, roads no. 

Looks like my BBC app was correct with the timings over the Met Office. They're getting settling snow further north so will see. 

Back to sleep! 

Edited by Barking_Mad
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Over ramped misinformation rubbish

1mm of snow there's more ice in my fridge freezer.

20cm maybe in Russia. 

It's more like wimp from the East .

Posted

Just got up to have a quick check...snowing fairly heavily now in the Keighley area....

Although can’t quite work out which direction the precipitation is travelling. Looks like south to south westerly...

Edited by Sunny_AS

Posted

Just had a strange drive from Sheffield no snow when I left soon as I hit Leeds was like a different world. Snowing steadily in Morley with Moderate flakes. 

Amazing what 50 miles can do really.

Edited by Love Snow