Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Heading home from York to Scunthorpe, skies a very yellowy great now. Be glad to get home and lamp post watch safely. I've been told to work from home tomorrow if it's bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
2 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Ok HIRLAM now has it barreling through our region dropping 4cm an hour almost everywhere as it goes, carriers on through to Wales only dying out there.

Well if the timings run true then that could be as much as 16 cms in Leeds. 

Posted

Really quite disappointed with the move west. We're now relying on shower activity from Tuesday morning onwards to deliver the goods and the models have that dying out by Thursday morning. The window seems to be getting smaller and I'm not entirely convinced on the Friday / Saturday potential here either.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Is the label Leeds under the orange warning or have they not named Leeds lol.

I'm afraid there's a big snow shield around Leeds, so no precipitation falling there. Sorry to hear...........

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
10 minutes ago, reef said:

Really quite disappointed with the move west. We're now relying on shower activity from Tuesday morning onwards to deliver the goods and the models have that dying out by Thursday morning. The window seems to be getting smaller and I'm not entirely convinced on the Friday / Saturday potential here either.

Dont be -

0OKtEQ5.png

Everywhere is going to be hit if the HIRLAM is right and its increased in size. Just the bulk is going to be on the Pennines, with everywhere from Liverpool to Hull getting a few cm's - i.e. its possible everyone is going to get a good amount of snow.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Is the label Leeds under the orange warning or have they not named Leeds lol.

Suburb of Bradford lol

It gets missed often on weather map!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
13 minutes ago, reef said:

You should get loads of shower activity over the next few days.

Conditions look pretty severe Tuesday and Wednesday with thundersnow mentioned near the coast as well!

You're in a prime position I would say!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
4 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Dont be -

0OKtEQ5.png

Everywhere is going to be hit if the HIRLAM is right and its increased in size. Just the bulk is going to be on the Pennines, with everywhere from Liverpool to Hull getting a few cm's - i.e. its possible everyone is going to get a good amount of snow.

Let's hope we all get a good dump!  

If the precipitation is intense enough and the air unstable enough we might even get a clap of thunder or two out of that lot?

Talk of 5-10cms in a short space of time on that Amber Warning  certainly sounds like it should be quite an intense system.

Dare I say polar low esque?!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Dont be -

0OKtEQ5.png

It'll be interesting to know how well all these Hi-Res models perform come end of the week..if there is a really outstanding performer....i'm sure there's a nerd or two out there who does these type of stats.....:p

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

You should get loads of shower activity over the next few days.

Conditions look pretty severe Tuesday and Wednesday with thundersnow mentioned near the coast as well!

You're in a prime position I would say!

Yes, I'm hoping so. Its a shame the flow looks more ESE on Thursday onwards as that transfers the best of the shower activity northwards. Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon still looks like the most promising period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

hmm decisions decisions, do i stay up to watch for it and hope to god it gives enough for schools to close so i dont overlay, or do i just go to sleep and hope to wake up to a winter wonderland ?

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, snow*please said:

hmm decisions decisions, do i stay up to watch for it and hope to god it gives enough for schools to close so i dont overlay, or do i just go to sleep and hope to wake up to a winter wonderland ?

Yes, I'm also working out what my strategy is. What is the ETA of the main event?

Posted
1 minute ago, boyzie said:

Yes, I'm also working out what my strategy is. What is the ETA of the main event?

I mean this is actually a quite valid question...stay up or wake up to a lovely white blanket..... I also have the decision, whats the latest I can let the dogs out before it snows so they dont ruin it with their great big paws and turn it yellow :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

If it comes as predicted I suspect it's going to cause a lot of problems given the time it's due to start. Leeds traffic is poor at the best of times, add 3" of snow to rush hour and it will be a struggle. Buses will be late and overcrowded, if they run at all. Trains will be jammed. Glad I'm not going to work tomorrow! 

Edited by Barking_Mad
  • Like 1