Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

So those not in the amber will/could still see as much snow as those in the amber ?

This is one of those situations where the MET will issue amber warnings at very short notice once the streamers start.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Im basically saying i take these amber warnings with a pinch of salt. Snow depths are going to vary all over even out of orange warning imo. Just keep an eye on the radar is best bet tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

http://www.myweather2.com/streamline/player.aspx?Streamline=2

If you run the sequence you can see the small disturbance in the North Sea sliding towards the East coast Tuesday.This is what then opens the flood gates for the direct easterly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Looks like the MET are now siding with the Low moving in on Friday which could deliver some serious snow to our region especially the south. Lets hope it scoots back off west and fills  when its dumped its load

180225_0000_126.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
16 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Im basically saying i take these amber warnings with a pinch of salt. Snow depths are going to vary all over even out of orange warning imo. Just keep an eye on the radar is best bet tbh

Agreed that the warnings are a guide and subject to change but all short range high res models seem to be taking the heaviest snow through the East of the region, aligned to the Amber warning area.  As stated above, this started as a North East event and has gradually move further South with each run.  Any more Southward movement and it will miss Yorkshire completely.  Let's hope it's been overdone and we see a slight North/West adjustment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Afternoon all!

Just browsing the regional threads as it is so rare most of us in the UK and Ireland are all getting snow at the same time! :rofl:

I think places like Sheffield and Barnsley will do well from the frequent heavy snow showers on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. (Many others places also - my geography isn’t that strong :D) Friday then looks like there could be some big falls of prolonged snowfall all over Yorkshire and East England. :santa-emoji:

Looking forward to popping back in here during the week to see all the snow pictures and reports. :cold-emoji:

Have a good day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Well at least an amber warning for the S/E will allow me to re distribute all these toys I collected from the MOD thread

Image result for mountain of toys

Posted

If your 5 miles outside of the amber don't worry it is still a rough guide. Yellow areas look between 6 and 10cm quite readily anyway and orange 8-10 to possibly 15cm. It's a conservative warning. Expect changed by tomorrow morning when it's within range. 36-48 hours is still open to massive changed on snow this far out

• Like 3

ive had enough. snow is my love and im nearly in tears!! looks like nothing for eastern parts of west yorks as usual all the time. miss the amber area and miss the snow at end of week and snow showers wont pile in on a south east wind and all the streamers set up in the north east. massive let dwn. i just look stupid now telling people prior. i was so so excited yesterday. looks like its back to a few snow showers from the north west next year. great.  all this was a total waste of time.

Posted
1 minute ago, sausage said:

ive had enough. snow is my love and im nearly in tears!! looks like nothing for eastern parts of west yorks as usual all the time. miss the amber area and miss the snow at end of week and snow showers wont pile in on a south east wind and all the streamers set up in the north east. massive let dwn. i just look stupid now telling people prior. i was so so excited yesterday. looks like its back to a few snow showers from the north west next year. great.  all this was a total waste of time.

Do you need a top up Sausage?

1 minute ago, winterof79 said:

Do you need a top up Sausage?

i just cant believe it!! no direction seems good for us anymore! i wait and wait every year and naff all. but warnings all around us. FED up of the pros saying showers will increase n intensity bla bla nonsense.

5 minutes ago, sausage said:

i just cant believe it!! no direction seems good for us anymore! i wait and wait every year and naff all. but warnings all around us. FED up of the pros saying showers will increase n intensity bla bla nonsense.

If you're not willing to listen to the pros when this event hasn't even happened yet what is the point in conversing with you on here?

It's Sunday afternoon for goodness sake (thanks swear filter!). Yorkshire is under yellow and amber warnings for snow throughout next week which will be modified and fine tuned nearer each day. Then we have the very real prospect of blizzard-like conditions on Friday + weekend.

Historic cold and the best snow prospects this winter by MILES and we have toy-throwing and tantrumming already. You couldn't make it up!

Edited by Reverse Zonality

Posted
13 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

If your 5 miles outside of the amber don't worry it is still a rough guide. Yellow areas look between 6 and 10cm quite readily anyway and orange 8-10 to possibly 15cm. It's a conservative warning. Expect changed by tomorrow morning when it's within range. 36-48 hours is still open to massive changed on snow this far out

Yes good post. Mondays yellow warning has Emley Moor in and Kirkburton out yet I can nearly touch the mast. So best used as a good guide.

• Like 1

For balance seen as Euro4 has main precip on Tuesday morning further E the Net Wx short range keeps it a little further west. As ever, perhaps a blended solution would be best! :D

nmmuk3hrprecip.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

If you're not willing to listen to the pros when this event hasn't even happened yet what is the point in conversing with you on here?

It's Sunday afternoon I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad. Yorkshire is under yellow and amber warnings for snow throughout next week which will be modified and fine tuned nearer each day. Then we have the very real prospect of blizzard-like conditions on Friday + weekend.

Historic cold and the best snow prospects this winter by MILES and we have toy-throwing and tantrumming already. You couldn't make it up!

Absolutely bang on!!:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

if anyone is going to be throwing toys around in here over the coming days, can i please request it isnt lego, as that hurts like a bi-tch when its stepped on...thanks in advance ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
21 minutes ago, sausage said:

whats your location ? 

1 minute ago, snow*please said:

if anyone is going to be throwing toys around in here over the coming days, can i please request it isnt lego, as that hurts like a bi-tch when its stepped on...thanks in advance ? 

Lego and upturned plugs. A nightmare when traversing to the loo in the middle of the night :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

@sausage remember our Amber warning earlier in the winter and it slipped further south on the day. This is more unstable than that run. Have no fear you will see snow by the end of the week some of which could be disruptive.. Chin up dude:friends: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Whoa what wrong with sausage. He is turning himself into a hot dog here. Anyway jokes aside. It’s still looking good for our region next week lots of showers running right across the whole region. Then possible blizzards on Friday. What’s not to like. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

well i hope by the end of the week our lass wont be too inconvienienced putting the washing out :) in fact if she is really good i might even let her in :rofl:

5a92c1d42ebe0_washingout.thumb.jpg.969ff6cbfafb98f5158092037006da3a.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
38 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

A sensible post.

33 minutes ago, sausage said:

Not quite so sensible.  It hasn't happened yet!  Leeds could be under 18 inches of snow by this time next week for all you know!  Forecasting snow is so difficult even a few hours out.  Just give it a chance for the love of God!  :wallbash: