Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the event on Friday progresses.

However, anything can happen from this kind of setup between now and Thursday. I'm hoping for something to form and stall over the region, or keeps feeding itself from the Humber.

Humber streamer will 'relive once again this week coming! She's been hiding for many years 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Still very cold into Sunday on this run.

Screenshot_20180225-103440.thumb.jpg.04f2cebebd1a207860bd00b2cd2b8d1e.jpg

1 minute ago, richardc1983 said:

Oh typical so we're now looking to miss out in Leeds now all that ramping for nowt. I am now off to join the moaners on the models thread. 

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

What’s all this talk about missing out etc this morning.? These showers will not be picked up until the last minute. The apps won’t have a clue regarding snow amounts. Still looks good for all our region. Still think a lot of us will see decent amounts of snow mounting up. And it all kicks off tomorrow. :cold:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Someone said above about the low splitting as it gets to us 

There may be a dry slot in the low as it passes through but that doesn't automatically mean the snow will miss your location. The feature has only just come into range on the Euro4 hi-res. Even if you miss the worst of that feature we still have days of enhanced shower activity with likely snow streamers for some between Tues-Thurs and a possible blizzard to contend with on Friday.

Sit back and enjoy the cold to come!

Edited by Reverse Zonality

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
11 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Oh typical so we're now looking to miss out in Leeds now all that ramping for nowt. I am now off to join the moaners on the models thread. 

What is all this Leeds missing out talk?!

The BBC forecast I saw this morning showed the snow (being described as a polar low by some) on Tuesday morning pushing across the whole region?!  

There is the potential for 15cms from that system alone looking at the models and warnings!

The Meto app for Leeds (dangerous for relying on I know) shows persistent snow between 3am and 3pm on Tuesday?

Even if a snow hole appears slap bang over Leeds on Tuesday morning then the convection from later Tuesday onwards means Leeds could do extremely well?

I just don't get the pessimism from all angles at the moment?!

If come the end of this cold spell somebody has not had a decent covering that will be the time to moan but not yet!

Give it a chance people.  We will be under -15ish uppers and bitter East winds by Wednesday but that is still not good enough for some it seems!  :nonono:

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 2

Posted

I don't understand the models so I am guided on here. I ignore the apps as know they are not accurate but someone said all the models were showing it splitting as it got to us maybe because of the North York moors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I live in West Yorkshire and I remember in 2010 showers coming from the east turned into a Streamer my area had forcasted dry only a few hour earlier with the potential of a few isolated showers we ended up with 3-4 hours of continuous snow fall and about 4inchs of snow. They can’t predict what hasn’t developed they can only guess. My point is anywhere has the potential with these set ups so let’s wait and see what develops. Yes some will do better than others but that’s always the case but I don’t think anyone in our region will miss out completely. :pardon:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 4

Posted

It's exciting but on the other hand I really wouldn't fancy a winter 2010 style event again as the council in North Lincs didn't have a clue how to handle it and it was a dangerous pain in the backside for weeks before it melted. I saw too many people fall on the left over compacted icy snow including elderly that had to be carted off by ambulance.

• Like 2

Posted

TEITS

3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Yes an interesting little wave as you say K moving S/W in off the N/Sea into Tuesday, Warnings out for 10-15cm locally.viewimage-24.thumb.png.13c953cca0c32d36347d2da6ba86875f.png

I have been watching this feature for a while.

Still some uncertainity with the exact track of this. Firstly during monday night a band of snow will move W across NE England/E Scotland. Also another area of snow will move SW hitting locations such as Yorks/Humberside and then tracking SW into the Midlands. However at the moment I have a feeling Lincs/Humberside/N Midlands will be the bullseye.

This looks great for Yorkshire!!!

18022703_2506.thumb.gif.dac28c5f61a008d824cfeb5c81380123.gif

This moving SW.  Centre Yorkshire bullseye!

:yahoo:

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 2

I'd exercise a bit of caution on that system as on the next frame it heads SSW and looks to miss W and S Yorks - at least the heaviest precip. 

18022706_2506.gif

Interesting that it takes a more southerly track when the trough further north moves on a more westerly track. Is that a typical quirk I wonder of a low like this to dive south?

Edited by Reverse Zonality

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

There's no gaurentee that the feature will even develop yet so I would take the forecast each day and then look forward to Friday. Just thinking March may possible match the other winter months temperature wise. Certainly looking that it will beat all the three winter months for snow although that isn't hard. One day of snow cover would do it.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
2 hours ago, sausage said:

typical. fed up of this nonsense now. no doubt we will miss the much hyped mon nights snow now too.  something so special onto nothing. why the hell were bbc forecasters inc tomasz ramping it up all night!! frigin heck. gutted.

Calm down sausage.

Most of us will see a few inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

I think tuesdays event will be a nowcast situation! I dont think we will really no who will get the most snow etc till it happens. In these set ups, frontal systems tend to chop and chase. Regardless what happens, convective snow show will feed off the north sea in the afternoon, so i dont understand all the fuss! The weather apps are crap, they dont give any accuracy on the weather at best of times and always change. I remember the first snowfall in december and how they changed hourly up to the event! Just calm down. The forecasters and apps wont forecast every area correct and its just a rough guide. They cant pin point exact time or how much precipitation for everyones back yard!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

ok, so when are we expected to start seeing some snow? Keep reading different things, trying to find out as my partner works nights delivering all over yorkshire (milkman) ? is he going to get some snow days lol 

Edited by snow*please

Posted
1 minute ago, snow*please said:

ok, so when are we expected to start seeing some snow? Keep reading different things, trying to find out as my partner works nights delivering all over yorkshire (milkman) ? is he going to get some snow days lol 

It's always difficult but from all the information I have looked at, the fun and games should start early Tuesday and continue on and off until Thursday. Don't take it as gospel though lol. Waiting for the meto to update their warnings. Typically, they are late today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

It's always difficult but from all the information I have looked at, the fun and games should start early Tuesday and continue on and off until Thursday. Don't take it as gospel though lol. Waiting for the meto to update their warnings. Typically, they are late today. 

Thanks, tues is his night off anyways but meant to work weds and thurs night, was hoping for a couple of snow days ? Fingers crossed he cant get to huddersfield from here on wednesday night lol. 

Posted
Just now, snow*please said:

Thanks, tues is his night off anyways but meant to work weds and thurs night, was hoping for a couple of snow days ? Fingers crossed he cant get to huddersfield from here on wednesday night lol. 

Lol, I hope he gets at least one snow day. I am hoping for my first for 5 years lol. 

• Like 1