Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
36 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

Any guesses for the amount of snow in West Yorkshire? Looks like it will be proper cold with that wind chill. 

Loads!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Fingers crossed I don't miss out on the snow compared to those further E/NE!

Posted
2 hours ago, terrier said:

Well looking at the charts and different output this morning it seems like next week could make dec 2010 or even March 2013 look tame. Think some villages and communities could be cut off by midweek. :cold:

I like the sound of that.  Say more things like that!  Talk wintry to me!  :rofl:

What has happened to the real terrier?!  Has he been abducted and replaced with a 'half glass full' Android?!  :D

Seriously though next week is looking more and more epic by the day if cold and snow is what you like.  If you don't I would suggest booking a three week break somewhere warmer than the UK....like the North Pole for example?!

Posted
Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

I like the sound of that.  Say more things like that!  Talk wintry to me!  :rofl:

What has happened to the real terrier?!  Has he been abducted and replaced with a 'half glass full' Android?!  :D

Seriously though next week is looking more and more epic by the day if cold and snow is what you like.  If you don't I would suggest booking a three week break somewhere warmer than the UK....like the North Pole for example?!

lol I think someone has kidnapped the real terrier lol  :p  and as you say next week is really shaping up to be quite epic!! could start to see showers as early as monday 

• Like 1

Posted

Terrier excited this must be an epic event. Roll on next week we have waited a long time for this setup.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
10 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Talk wintry to me classic. Well here goes for starters we have a nice -5-7 degrees. Then for lunch we have a Easterly streamer. Then for dessert how does 6 to 8inch of snow sound. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
1 minute ago, terrier said:

Talk wintry to me classic. Well here goes for starters we have a nice -5-7 degrees. Then for lunch we have a Easterly streamer. Then for dessert how does 6 to 8inch of snow sound. :yahoo:

Would prefer 10 inch ?? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, snow*please said:

Would prefer 10 inch ?? 

matron_gif_e8cd6f7f552da1bff0dd30a9f22a9549_thumb_gif_061f6a3afe2f4d5314e3028362f55197.gif.ede57787608e34cd8212b42d2cf38e1e.gif  :rofl:

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, snow*please said:

Would prefer 10 inch ?? 

Oh kinky abit like the isobars bringing our snowfall next week :D

Posted
12 minutes ago, terrier said:

Oh kinky abit like the isobars bringing our snowfall next week :D

? love it! 

Bring on the kinks lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

INCOMING! 

DWuJqv4W4AA3lKw.jpg

I am actually under a blob for once! We are snowed starved and jealous watching the midlands having all the recent fun

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

I am actually under a blob for once! We are snowed starved and jealous watching the midlands having all the recent fun

well now hull is going to finally get some snow! enjoy it :)

• Like 1

Posted

do we think this event will actually be as modelled or will it get watered down closer to the day/s? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Simply WOW at GFS and UKMO, strong easterly with uppers of -15c.

That's a difference of 22c between sea and upper air temperature..... huge showers moving in off the North Sea pushing well inland.

IF this happens as shown, this could be a memorable event, maybe even cold enough for our own snow starved @reefin Hedon :D

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Local forecast doesn't show anything significant for us up to Thursday. IF the GFS is right we should see more major snow and less cold conditions pushing north west on Friday. Way out in lala land that and it keeps changing it's mind. So may stay very cold mostly cloudy with a few light snow showers for us but heavier the further east you go.

Posted
14 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Local forecast doesn't show anything significant for us up to Thursday. IF the GFS is right we should see more major snow and less cold conditions pushing north west on Friday. Way out in lala land that and it keeps changing it's mind. So may stay very cold mostly cloudy with a few light snow showers for us but heavier the further east you go.

Well we have a weather warning out for most of Yorkshire on Tuesday for 5-10cm. Plus with the North Sea snow making machine I think our region is primed position for heavy disruptive snow. Starting as early as Monday evening.:yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, terrier said:

Well we have a weather warning out for most of Yorkshire on Tuesday for 5-10cm. Plus with the North Sea snow making machine I think our region is primed position for heavy disruptive snow. Starting as early as Monday evening.:yahoo:

I like this happy terrier lol keep it going!!! :p:p 

• Like 1