Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

It has been snowing lightly here for the last half an hour or so, turning moderate in the last 10 minutes. Current temp is 0.2C with a dewpoint of -1.4C so should be good for a dusting at least.

A second band has formed behind the main band,was this forecasted!

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

there isn't a second trough on the latest fax chart i posted earlier

20180205.1915.PPVA89.png

things could get interesting tomorrow.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Nothing fallen overnight. Definitely feels cold enough for snow and although there are a few tiny grauple-like flakes floating around this morning, it just feels too dry for anything of any note (including a dusting at this point!). 

I think that my particular little little spot is too far north/too far south/too far east/too far west for any of the forecasted white stuff this winter! Haha!

Edited by Snowday

Light snow in Leeds at the mo.... i thought the front had arrived early, but wierdly on looking at the radar ... this snow has slid in from the northeast and pepping up a little as it moves inland .   

1 minute ago, bryan629 said:

Light snow in Leeds at the mo.... i thought the front had arrived early, but wierdly on looking at the radar ... this snow has slid in from the northeast and pepping up a little as it moves inland .   

Yes definitely a feature from the NE. Hopefully this continues to pep up and merge with the NW band....

• Like 1

Nothing overnight here despite radar being pink most of the night over the region, must have been evaporating in the air.

Not expecting much today, front hardly moving and may not be anything left on it by time it gets to Sheffield...

Light snow settling in Hutton Le Hole on edge of NY Moors.  This is the 4th day in row we have had settling snow here whilst on holiday.  To put it into perspective, that is 3 days more than I've seen all the rest of winter at home in Barnsley??. 

• Like 1

Snowing in Sheffield now, light but steady.

It's not selling though, is wet on the ground now. Very surprising given the temps last night, would have thought the ground would have still been below zero! 

Hope it settles later!

As has been the case so often this winter, the forecast has downgraded significantly on the day itself, with just a couple of hours of light snow now forecast, at 1pm and 3pm. In reality this probably means we'll get nothing. 

How sad.